Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2014, 14:58   #15061
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
The weirdest accident my friend saw last night. The drunk driver too could not imagine how he made the vehicle climb reverse onto a Light Pole. It happened in Gurgaon.

]
Probably went to the wrong driving school and was taught perpendicular parking.

Just love how the doors have been left open, as if they're coming back after a smoke.
Old 1st March 2014, 18:09   #15062
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Hi all, Saw this totally smashed White Punto today afternoon opposite DT Mall Gurgaon. Luckily the passenger cabin was safe.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0585.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0586.jpg

Thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 18:20   #15063
BHPian

Re: Crashed Honda City on NICE road, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Here are few accident clips taken from Bangalore-Salem MAIN ROAD,THOPPUR. This is one of the dangerous intersection on this route. If you don't understand tamil then you can directly move to 1:26 mins in this video.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=SffWjL5Ori0
Out of all the pictures and videos on this thread, this looks the most scary to me. It appears from the video that some of the drivers in India are just plain blind, and some just plain stupid. How come NONE of them slow down at the intersection? Ideally vehicles on the main thoroughfare have to slow down for safety at intersections and vehicles joining or crossing the highway have to STOP before proceeding. The actions of the blue car trying to overtake by squeezing between trucks makes me gape in shock at the stupidity of his overtaking maneuver.

I now have lost hopes of better road ethics in India.
hellmet is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 09:26   #15064
Senior - BHPian

Saw a mangled grey i20 on ORR between Hebbal and VeerannaPalaya flyover today morning. looks like the driver lost control on the slight curve there, jumped on to the median and even knocked down one of the trees on the median. Substantial damage to the right side of the car. Hope the occupants are safe.
Old 3rd March 2014, 11:35   #15065
BHPian

Saw a Splendour under a truck while descending the wakad flyover in Hinjewadi, Pune on Saturday. The Splendour was stuck under the truck and there were people and police all around. Dont know if any one was hurt. Will post the video today evening.
Old 5th March 2014, 13:29   #15066
BHPian

This is what remains of the cruze which had an accident at insanely high speed on the Ahmedabad Himmatnagar Highway en route to Rajasthan. It was being driven by a college student along with three of his friends who were out for a college picnic and did not take the college bus and preferred to drive in their own car. The driver passed away on the spot, the other three are critical,young life lost to the thrill of speed alas. Have no other pictures, the only one sent by my friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-cruze.jpg  

sanjz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 13:34   #15067
BHPian

The state of the car reminds me of an accident at world sea face where a ford ikon driven by college student at high speed split in 2. This was a few years back.
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjz View Post
This is what remains of the cruze which had an accident at insanely high speed on the Ahmedabad Himmatnagar Highway en route to Rajasthan. It was being driven by a college student along with three of his friends who were out for a college picnic and did not take the college bus and preferred to drive in their own car. The driver passed away on the spot, the other three are critical,young life lost to the thrill of speed alas. Have no other pictures, the only one sent by my friend.
tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 13:39   #15068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
The state of the car reminds me of an accident at world sea face where a ford ikon driven by college student at high speed split in 2. This was a few years back.
RIP
Yes tazmaan I was also reminded of the same accident. The only diffrence being there the vehicle was sheared into two by the solid electric pole here it was a case of overtaking gone wrong and being hit side on by a loaded multi axle dumper.
Old 5th March 2014, 13:43   #15069
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Out of all the pictures and videos on this thread, this looks the most scary to me. It appears from the video that some of the drivers in India are just plain blind, and some just plain stupid. How come NONE of them slow down at the intersection? Ideally vehicles on the main thoroughfare have to slow down for safety at intersections and vehicles joining or crossing the highway have to STOP before proceeding. The actions of the blue car trying to overtake by squeezing between trucks makes me gape in shock at the stupidity of his overtaking maneuver.

I now have lost hopes of better road ethics in India.
I find the description weird "overspeed accidents"..
Most accidents are due to idiots crossing a main road without looking.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 14:16   #15070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjz View Post
Yes tazmaan I was also reminded of the same accident. The only diffrence being there the vehicle was sheared into two by the solid electric pole here it was a case of overtaking gone wrong and being hit side on by a loaded multi axle dumper.
Same here. BTW, in case you forgot, that Ikon accident pictures started this thread. Check post #1.
Old 5th March 2014, 14:44   #15071
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I find the description weird "overspeed accidents"..
Most accidents are due to idiots crossing a main road without looking.
Well, "overspeeding" doesn't necessarily mean 160kph. Even 20kph can be overspeeding if it is not safe at that place.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 14:57   #15072
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Well, "overspeeding" doesn't necessarily mean 160kph. Even 20kph can be overspeeding if it is not safe at that place.
I am not defining overspeeding. All I am saying is that the cause of accident is clearly crossing the highway without looking.

Think of an analogy.
Suppose a bridge collapsed on somebodies car. Would you write the cause of the accident as "car parking under bridge" or "bridge collapsing"
tsk1979 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 15:16   #15073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Saw a mangled grey i20 on ORR between Hebbal and VeerannaPalaya flyover today morning. looks like the driver lost control on the slight curve there, jumped on to the median and even knocked down one of the trees on the median. Substantial damage to the right side of the car. Hope the occupants are safe.
saw that one when i was heading home from airport that morning between 8:30 and 8:45am. the traffic was piling up behind the accident spot and i was wondering why is there so much traffic at this hour. found out the reason few minutes later.

the car had been put back on the road. the front was completely damaged, but couldn't make out any intrusion into the cabin. could have put the picture here, but unfortunately my dashcam records in loop, so all is lost.

ps: are you sure it was a gray i20? i thought it was a gray Punto.
Old 5th March 2014, 15:39   #15074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
ps: are you sure it was a gray i20? i thought it was a gray Punto.
Yes, pretty sure it was an i20, the 'next gen' one, with the slightly different grey color. Like every other motorist, I too had slowed down a bit on the other lane to see what was happening.
Old 5th March 2014, 23:12   #15075
BHPian

Saw a bad accident just in front of my office entrance gate.
Head on collision between two bikes. A Honda CBR 250 and a Pulsar.
Both the riders were injured severely (Head & Face).
Bleeding from mouth/nose/ear. With broken legs.
Also minor injuries to pillion. As usual, no helmets.

I wonder how parents allow their kids to ride bikes without a helmet.

Even cops here in Pune can catch you without seat belt in the car, but allow you without a helmet.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20140304_145405.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20140304_145416.jpg  

Last edited by KALINGA : 5th March 2014 at 23:15.
KALINGA is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks