Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2014, 09:56   #15361
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
The thing about me, my coaches have been the TBHP Members and I follow most of the advice like a virus. I have practically learnt driving by reading a lot over here. Again, can't be thankful enough to this wonderful community.
True! Team BHP is the Wikipedia of motoring. It has enlightened me on almost every aspect of safe motoring. Seeing me being so particular about buckling up every time I sit in the car my 3 year old daughter when taken for a joyride by my brother-in-law in his car yesterday asked him to buckle her up as well as himself as her dad always do.

It was such a 'paisa vasool' kind of feeling. Every single minute of time spend on Team BHP has been en cashed. May be but I feel this is a kind of safety awareness feet that Team has achieved, intentionally or unintentionally; and hence needs a mention.
jeepster_chd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 10:06   #15362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham_City View Post
Another article on the same topic:

http://www.ndtv.com/article/cities/d...ome-topstories

R.I.P. Anil.

Must confess, this is my biggest fear when starting any journey. This has prevented me from repairing automatic lock on one of the doors of my car which has gone kaput. The particular door is now operated manually.
I assume, if the automatic lock jams all other doors during a fire incident, the defunct door could just provide an emergency exit. May be
The newspaper reports that the family members of the deceased person are suspecting sabotage being carried out on his by his business rivals.

I think it would be better if all car users carry a hammer in their vehicle. During emergency when it is required to break the glass, this can come in handy unlike trying to break open the glass with bare hands.
Of course destiny has it's final say as always.
Old 9th May 2014, 10:47   #15363
BHPian

Train rams into jeep in UP, 13 killed

I fail to understand the title of this article. Train rams into jeep? Really? The title makes you believe the train is somehow at fault here and the jeep is merely an innocent victim. Is that the case of our bigger vehicle at fault psychology?

All that's needed to prevent this is 2 seconds of watching both ways before crossing the track. Are some drivers really that stupid, or maybe blind? Also, what kind of "jeep" holds 16 people?
hellmet is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 11:01   #15364
Distinguished - BHPian

It can't get more tragic than this!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/34843631.cms
Old 9th May 2014, 11:02   #15365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Train rams into jeep in UP, 13 killed

I fail to understand the title of this article. Train rams into jeep? Really? The title makes you believe the train is somehow at fault here and the jeep is merely an innocent victim. Is that the case of our bigger vehicle at fault psychology?

All that's needed to prevent this is 2 seconds of watching both ways before crossing the track. Are some drivers really that stupid, or maybe blind? Also, what kind of "jeep" holds 16 people?
In India the notion is always the bigger vehicle is at fault inspite of the smaller vehicle being at fault.
Till now the railways were spared from this notion. Looks like UNKA NUMBER BHI AGAYA
Old 9th May 2014, 11:03   #15366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
I fail to understand the title of this article. Train rams into jeep? Really? The title makes you believe the train is somehow at fault here and the jeep is merely an innocent victim.
ram (v.t.): crash violently against something

So don't read too much into the headline - it only means that the train was moving (at great speed), and the jeep was at or near standstill. There is no allocation of culpability.
binand is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 13:40   #15367
BHPian

There was a huge traffic pileup this morning between Hennur and Kalyan Nagar flyover on the ring road. I apparently saw some cops standing just before the flyover on the lane towards KR puram with what looked like blood covered with mud on the road. Overheard the bus driver saying someone on a two wheeler was run over, don't have much details though and no pics either since there were no vehicles at the spot.
Old 10th May 2014, 19:40   #15368
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, Saw this smashed Innova today morning on the main road between Sector 39 and Sector 40 Noida. The front right side was badly damaged.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo0972_001.jpg

Thanks

AD
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2014, 07:32   #15369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster_chd View Post
Seeing me being so particular about buckling up every time I sit in the car my 3 year old daughter when taken for a joyride by my brother-in-law in his car yesterday asked him to buckle her up as well as himself as her dad always do.
When buckling up a small child make sure that the shoulder strap is not likely to obstruct the neck. In such cases my advise is to keep the shoulder strap "under the arm" and keep them only on back seats.

Quote:
There was a huge traffic pileup this morning between Hennur and Kalyan Nagar flyover on the ring road........
IMHO The thread is about accidents with pictures. Descriptive posts as this do not add value as it does not provide visuals to draw lessons and conclusions. I see this increasing trend here to post some description and heresy. The pictures are not for voyeuristic pleasures but for understanding and discussions.
sudev is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th May 2014, 14:17   #15370
BHPian

Received these two pictures of a Swift on Whatsapp :

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-altapbdfuwto_qswzd9to51kmlidj6ut6r7zfn_e46ftgum.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-altauyjtyyfcoxui1x6nqawqyzydineh48fokyvcwzamrl_.jpg
Old 11th May 2014, 15:36   #15371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Received these two pictures of a Swift on Whatsapp :

Attachment 1239699

Attachment 1239700
Brand new vehicle. Such a pity. This is what happens when their is too much power under the hood, in the hands of people too irresponsible to handle it. Hope they got out safe.

Folks, what are your comments on the build quality in terms of safety of the swift as compared to its competition in the market ?
Old 11th May 2014, 16:08   #15372
Senior - BHPian

^^^It does not take too much to understand that comparing build-quality on the basis of pictures without knowing details (speed, impact angle, etc) about the accident is pointless.
And more importantly, this is not a build-quality thread. Please avoid leading the thread off-topic.
supremeBaleno is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th May 2014, 20:19   #15373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
When buckling up a small child make sure that the shoulder strap is not likely to obstruct the neck. In such cases my advise is to keep the shoulder strap "under the arm" and keep them only on back seats.
I would recommend to use a child seat or booster seat, based on the age of the child. Ensure that they always seat at back seat, never front specifically when car is fitted with Airbag and Seat belt pretensioner
Old 12th May 2014, 12:21   #15374
BHPian

Accidents always bring a deep introspective feeling in me and moves me away to a new plane of realization at least for a few days. I am sure most of us feel that way. Pity that I witnessed rather 2 such yesterday whilst going to chennai from bangalore on the chitoor route. First one is of a truck and car. The locals informed the car was at fault and doing nearly 120 speed. Was informed the driver of car was dead within 5 minutes of the accident. May the Soul R.I.P.
Could not collect more info as was in bus.

Second is of a tempo traveller stoned by a drunk and caused a 3 vehicle pile up.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1399877297791.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1399877318661.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1399877340311.jpg  

Old 12th May 2014, 12:58   #15375
BHPian

I saw a horrific post accident scene today near Guduvanchery, Chennai. A state government bus had climbed onto the road side median and in the process, it ran over couple of bikes and there were some casualties too. I saw police covering a dead body. The front Axle of the bus was broken and I think the wheels were missing.

I really apologize that I could not post the pictures as I could not stop there due heavy traffic movement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks