Old 6th November 2014, 23:40   #16561
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
The Indica stopped way too suddenly
We don't know why he stopped.

Quote:
but yes, the motorcycle rider was following too close anyway.
The idiot was barely more than inches away. Common practice among bikers: they think they are on foot and it is just like being a pedestrian

Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 00:40   #16562
Senior - BHPian

This happened in front of me.
Eon overtook me from left and ran straight into a Mahindra Pik up standing on the left. Driver was belted, came out with a small cut on hand. Female sitting on passenger seat with a kid in her lap was not, so ended up with an injury on her lips. Dropped them home, and on the way gave lecture on why safety features are important, it was pretty effective with the female belting her up on the rear seat
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-photo-2.jpg  

akshay4587 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 01:18   #16563
Senior - BHPian

Just caught these on Zee news, do not know whether already covered by prime time news or just happened :

A Spicejet Boeing aircraft had a run in with a Buffalo while taking off. This happened on the runway at Surat airport. The flight was from Surat to Dilli. The anchor said it happened just as the plane took off. However in such a scenario it would have been difficult for the plane to have come out unscathed as in this instance as once the craft achives V1 it is impossible to abort take off. Guess must have happened when the plane was taxing on the runway or even on the apron itself. There were 150 people on board and no casualties have been reported.

In the other news

A torpedo recovery craft of the Navy has sunk near the Visakhapatnam coast.
Old 7th November 2014, 06:37   #16564
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The idiot was barely more than inches away. Common practice among bikers: they think they are on foot and it is just like being a pedestrian

Not just bikers. Drivers too.

2 m seems to be a BIG gap to leave between two cars at 60 km/h, going by the feedback I get from professional drivers during my training sessions.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 06:46   #16565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Not just bikers. Drivers too.

2 m seems to be a BIG gap to leave between two cars at 60 km/h, going by the feedback I get from professional drivers during my training sessions.
I have once been rear-ended when I driving my fiesta. When I asked the biker why he banged into my car, he said that I stopped suddenly.

There was this other instance I remember when my colleagues and I were in Coimbatore to meet some clients. The taxi we were in was stopped as there was railroad crossing that was closed. Suddenly we felt a big thud and we were thrown forward about half a metre. Another taxi had rear-ended us - now, our taxi had been stopped for the last 5 minutes.
The funny part is that that taxi driver and the passengers in his car were getting in an argument with the driver of our car, saying that it was his fault that he had stopped the car. We were all flabbergasted at that line of reasoning.
hajaar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 09:53   #16566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun yadav View Post
Not to worry, if you believe in so called tests, here is something to help alleviate your fears.
http://www.howsafeisyourcar.com.au/S...ki&model=Swift
Bottomline - Indian saying - Listen to all, but trust your rationale and respect your choices.
I really don't understand how this substantiate things. This link shows the ANCAP ratings for the Swift. The result of GNCAP test showed that the Swift made & sold in India is different from other markets and here, the structural integrity is compromised. You cannot take a European Swift's rating and tell that the Indian version is also the same, as it is proven that the two cars are different, structurally. That is the whole point of argument here. Maruti sells a different, less structurally safe version in India and a reinforced version elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Happened today morning on my way to office.
Hilarious (sorry for the sarcasm). In the video, you can see that not only the taxi cab stops, but the biker who is driving parallel to the cab also stops. The biker behind does not have a clue and bangs into the cab.
Even I have faced something similar, waiting to take U-turn. I have stopped the car, put on the right indicator and waiting for the oncoming traffic to pass. There is a full free lane to the left. In my rear view mirror, I see a Honda Activa coming behind me and to my horror, the guy on it is looking into a shop on the right side. I cannot do any thing and thud! He bangs into the back of my car and the first question he asks is "Why did you stop?" I asked him whether he expects me to take the U-turn by mowing down the opposite traffic or what?
A350XWB is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 09:59   #16567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun yadav View Post
Not to worry, if you believe in so called tests, here is something to help alleviate your fears.
http://www.howsafeisyourcar.com.au/S...ki&model=Swift

Bottomline - Indian saying - Listen to all, but trust your rationale and respect your choices.
Where is Chevrolet or General Motors ?
Old 7th November 2014, 11:01   #16568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
This happened in front of me.
Eon overtook me from left and ran straight into a Mahindra Pik up standing on the left.
The road seems pretty well lighted. So how did the driver managed to not see the pick up vehicle parked? The Eon looks pretty smashed up. every accident picture these makes you wonder how will this car hold on the NCAP ratings though.
Old 7th November 2014, 12:07   #16569
BHPian

Saw this car smashed up in the front, on the way to work yesterday morning. Not sure how this happened. It was near the Urapakkam junction on GST Road.

Does anyone have any news about this?
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20141105_085609.jpg  

Old 7th November 2014, 21:53   #16570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The road seems pretty well lighted. So how did the driver managed to not see the pick up vehicle parked? The Eon looks pretty smashed up. every accident picture these makes you wonder how will this car hold on the NCAP ratings though.
He was trailing a XUV which managed the overtaking manoeuvre, while the Eon could not, and ran straight into the pick up
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 22:13   #16571
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
He was trailing a XUV which managed the overtaking manoeuvre, while the Eon could not, and ran straight into the pick up
the classic boy racer mistake - tailgating for an overtaking maneuver. I have seen such cases of merciless tailgating, followed by loud screeching noises of panic braking (sometimes even hits) umpteen number of times on 2L and 4L in/around bangalore. This happens extensively when there is high weekend return traffic.
venkyhere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 23:58   #16572
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a Innova which rear ended a Scammell Crusader Trailer, while travelling from Nasik to Nagpur,somewhere between Dhule and Sangamner. Never thought would spot a Scammell truck involved in crash in India. Sorry no pics, as i was driving.
Old 9th November 2014, 11:27   #16573
Senior - BHPian

Got this from a facebook forum. Good to see that the cabin is intact.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-puntoacc.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-puntoacc1.jpg

Even in this incident, the chassis floorpan is still intact, while the rear door has given way to the impact.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-puntoacc2.jpg
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 11:55   #16574
BHPian

There was a bad pile-up yesterday night at about 10:30PM on the Maraimalai Adigalar Bridge on Anna Salai after the little Mount bus stop going towards Anna University direction. There were 3 cars( Gold colored Santro, A Red Palio and a Black Vento), a Container Truck that had rear-ended the Vento and a Parveen Travels non-A/C Bus that had rear-ended the truck. I guess there were no injuries cause they were all standing on the road and arguing/fighting.
Old 9th November 2014, 21:15   #16575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulk2510 View Post
Well just saw the same with a state transport bus from twitter #traffline where two buses have the same number plates.
This I think is a photoshop job. Maybe. Experts can tell, but I think the bus standing on the left (while viewing the photo) is the one with the correct number. That number plate has been copied to the bus on the right.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks