Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2014, 10:23   #16846
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
"A car rams into a private bus in the early hours at Kolahpur-Pune express"-

source:http://zeenews.india.com/news/photog...cember-1513431

RIP the deceased, how many times have we highlighted the fact that under run bars might have saved someone, but this goes on to show no matter what safety precautions are taken, if you are beyond some speed even god can't save you.
gurudutt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 11:16   #16847
BHPian

Call me crazy, but I wanted to know if its just me or many BHP'ians have the same feelings as me.

I just don't feel sorry for some accidents on this page and feel like they deserved it. Also, recall Darwin's law about less low-IQ people to worry about. Though I am no one to judge sitting in a chair in a far-off place knowing no facts except some pics on a thread that some one has put up, but at least I do know "some" and at-least "some" of these accidents were very well seen coming and could have been avoided had the IQ level (or common sense, or civic sense whatever you would like to call it) of the person been a tad higher.

Sorry for the rant and no accident pics.
jagzrk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 23:04   #16848
BHPian

Well, It is also my belief that the best safety feature is a good driver, and the converse is also bound to be true.
Arun yadav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2014, 00:10   #16849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzrk View Post
Call me crazy, but I wanted to know if its just me or many BHP'ians have the same feelings as me.

I just don't feel sorry for some accidents on this page and feel like they deserved it.
Don't worry, you are not the only one or the first one. In this thread itself many a times many of us have expressed similar feelings.
Just take for example the last page's white i10's emotional lip locking with the bus. On a regular road with both up & down traffic, if someone goes and drives underneath a bus, which appears to be on the proper side of the road, then it is better if the earth is free of such morons. Some idiots keep driving with the assumption that no matter what they do, it is the rest of the world's responsibility to keep them safe and alive. Sorry - we have many other much more important things to do in our life.
9tMax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2014, 16:06   #16850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I just don't feel sorry for some accidents on this page and feel like they deserved it. Also, recall Darwin's law about less low-IQ people to worry about. Though I am no one to judge sitting in a chair in a far-off place knowing no facts except some pics on a thread that some one has put up, but at least I do know "some" and at-least "some" of these accidents were very well seen coming and could have been avoided had the IQ level (or common sense, or civic sense whatever you would like to call it) of the person been a tad higher.

Many times it has been reported in this thread about the importance of wearing seat belts and having a check on one's speed.Yet we come across accidents wherein the driver died as he was not wearing a seat belt.
All that i can say is one can take the horse to the pond but cannot force it to drink the water.
Despite many accidents being reported in this thread, we should continue to stress the importance of safety while driving.
Old 21st December 2014, 16:54   #16851
Senior - BHPian

Just saw an accident opposite Le Meridien. A white Mitsubishi Outlander had crashed into a pole on the footpath facing oncoming traffic. No idea how it happened, didn't seem to be any fatalities, passenger compartment seemed perfectly intact with only the front dual airbags popping out.

Sad to see rare cars being totalled. :(
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 17:32   #16852
BHPian

Another crash on Yamuna Expressway - 25 car pileup
http://indianexpress.com/article/cit...ay-mega-crash/
Old 24th December 2014, 17:37   #16853
BHPian

30 car pile up on Yamuna Expressway - 5 reportedly dead. People need to be very careful in this foggy weather.

Source: TOI
Old 25th December 2014, 09:26   #16854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ911 View Post
30 car pile up on Yamuna Expressway - 5 reportedly dead. People need to be very careful in this foggy weather.

Source: TOI
I lived in Greater for some time and basically the road form Pari chowk till Mahamaya flyover, the traffic is not much on the Express way and more over there people donot follw the basic rules of Driving. If you intend to drive slowly with speed like 50 Km/Hr drive in the second lane. No they will drive in the first lane use mobile while driving and the guy coming behind flashes and no one gives way so he is forced to overtake form the left side. I also have seen cars being driven over 140-150 Km/Hr on that road just because its a good road.

Yes we need to be carefull during Foggy weather I wish people learn the value of life when behind the wheel as it just takes one idiot to harm 10 others.

Last edited by gsb350 : 25th December 2014 at 09:27.
gsb350 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2014, 10:38   #16855
BHPian

BMTC does it again.
http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../45634943.cms?
Old 25th December 2014, 10:43   #16856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Apart from the driver which is obviously at fault, how did the brakes fail? For me that is a bigger concern because it indicates shoddy maintenance.

Life really has no value in this country. Imaging what the families of the deceased must be going through? Some of them may have lost their only earning member. Very very sad state of affairs. We need strict manslaughter laws.
Old 25th December 2014, 10:50   #16857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sorry but I vehemently disagree with your post (I've been a bit that way in the past and now I think it was a mistake).

These kinda rants irritate me no end. Let me ask why you why you feel that way?

Is it because we somehow think that we can judge a complex situation with all its externalities in a 2 second glance?

Is it because hindsight is 20/10?

Is it because it is someone else - someone else's father / brother / mother / sister / friend?

Is that because the emotional and physical distance of the tragedy brings out our holier-than-thou instincts?

Is it because we think we are perfect and that we never make mistakes?

IMHO judging dead folks (who are obviously not around to explain the situation) with comments like the one above in bold is not only fallacious but outright disrespectful and insensitive of the gravity of the situation.

I have a polite request here - let this thread be about sharing news and possibly learning from accidents. period.

The world is better off without any smug "one less idiot on the road" type posts. Maybe if you have nothing else constructive to post, why post at all?

Here's how I would think about it - what we post here is stuff that would be completely appropriate if that person was a relative or a friend, and if his/her family read it, they would not feel further hurt. If that comment cannot be said to their widow / mother / friend, then we shouldn't post it here either.

Your post, or 9TMax's posts fail that litmus test.

EDIT: Of course there may be that occasional person who truly was such a jerk to deserve your words. But the average person was not.

Last edited by phamilyman : 25th December 2014 at 11:10.
phamilyman is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 25th December 2014, 11:54   #16858
BHPian

Hi guys,

Saw a mini pile up at wipro circle, financial district, hyderabad on 24th morning. Dint click any pics.. a little disturbing.

Saw 2 Indicas(office cabs), 1 other car (SUV probably) and a tipper full of granite. Indica's were totalled, glass all over the road. Thankfully dint see any blood anywhere, I just passed by.

The lorry jumped the sidewalk and crashed into the fencing (which marks the end of wipro campus). Lorry's still there.. cars towed.

Anybody saw that? or took pics? or have more details? I thought it would be in the news, but cannot find it anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Sorry but I vehemently disagree with your post

If that comment cannot be said to their widow / mother / friend, then we shouldn't post it here either.
agree with you brother. A little compassion would do no harm.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th December 2014 at 07:40. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 25th December 2014, 14:11   #16859
Distinguished - BHPian

Found this in a FB group. 18-year-old driving a Polo in Jammu rammed into the divider and hit an electric pole.

According to the police, the accident happened during a car racing contest after the Christmas functions were over in a nearby church last night.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-10885467_614542538675228_7497645823398999327_n.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-10806298_614542628675219_4848638741197604492_n.jpg
Old 25th December 2014, 16:38   #16860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Saw a mini pile up at wipro circle, financial district, hyderabad on 24th morning. Dint click any pics.. a little disturbing.
Happened on 23rd night, about 14 vehicles were involved. Apparently, the lorries' brakes failed & no casualties though. I had passed through that road around midnight.

Most Viewed