Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2015, 11:16   #16951
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
And from the weird-accident-of-the-day department:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle6765819.ece
Discussion for another day but I feel the Indian currency should be devalued further. Crores of cash buried in cavities in cars and this is not the first time this is happening.
Old 9th January 2015, 21:01   #16952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ911 View Post
Attachment 1325409

Meanwhile in Delhi, people still driving blindly in this foggy weather. Thankfully, no one was seriously injured. Such accidents have become really commonplace in this weather. It has especially become hell for bikers as some cars still zoom past at breakneck speeds in this low visibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Unfortunately people have forgotten the art of patience to drive slowly in such conditions maintaining sufficient distance too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ::CMS:: View Post
I think the culprit is not just the fog ...
Fog is never the culprit, it is the driving that is the culprit. Even without any fog at all, I have been thinking recently that some drivers may as well be driving blindfold, given the amount of notice they take of other road users.

Driving must be adjusted to the conditions (eg wet roads, reduced visibility, etc) not to the driver's ego. The alternative is accidents.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 21:29   #16953
BANNED

This happened on Rohtak road in Delhi.
Two cars, a brio and an i20. Both of the cars travelling at speeds upwards of 140kph.
Suddenly the i20 skids and hits the brio on its driver side door sending the brio spiralling out of control and it hits a divider, the handbrake was pulled and brakes applied.
The i20 also skidded, but was in better control and suffered less damage.
The i20 had 2 passengers, both buckled up
The brio had just the driver, without wearing a seatbelt.
The brio had no airbags or ABS, the i20 had airbag(s) and ABS.
After the impact the airbag malfunction light lit up, but they didn't deploy.
Both cars were not serviced regularly. The brio had ran 11k and was 3 years old and still hadn't been serviced once.
The i20 skid was blamed on low PSI in the tire.
All this was told to me by the driver of the brio, awaiting details from the i20 driver.
I will add the pictures of both the vehicles. From what I saw of the Brio, it did not "seem" to be a high speed impact.
My questions, everyone survived without any injures, how is that possible?
It leads me to believe that even though the speeds were high, the "impact" speed was low, but how low?
This kind of reckless driving can kill someone innocent. In this case they were racing at 1AM and it could've been some other vehicle that suffered the brunt.
I think the i20 must have had won out tires, it wasn't raining so it could not be aquaplaning.
Old 9th January 2015, 22:13   #16954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
Both cars were not serviced regularly. The brio had ran 11k and was 3 years old and still hadn't been serviced once.

All this was told to me by the driver of the brio, awaiting details from the i20 driver.
From what I saw of the Brio, it did not "seem" to be a high speed impact.
My questions, everyone survived without any injures, how is that possible?
It leads me to believe that even though the speeds were high, the "impact" speed was low, but how low?
About the impact and amount of damage I can still understand. But I have a new confusion here. Let me get this straight, two poor drivers were involved in a 140kph accident, whoever's fault, and you was asking them about their cars service history? I dunno, just seems a bit inhumane to me. Forgive me if I'm getting something wrong here. Just can't picturize the scenario.....
Old 10th January 2015, 02:39   #16955
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
About the impact and amount of damage I can still understand. But I have a new confusion here. Let me get this straight, two poor drivers were involved in a 140kph accident, whoever's fault, and you was asking them about their cars service history? I dunno, just seems a bit inhumane to me. Forgive me if I'm getting something wrong here. Just can't picturize the scenario.....
Service history was told to me about a week before the accident. They're my friends. What Poor drivers? They were street racing, that is illegal and can cause disastrous consequences.

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th January 2015 at 03:51. Reason: please keep the tone civil, thanks
H_Dogg72 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th January 2015, 23:32   #16956

Saw this Brand new Fiat Avventura in this condition at Carnation, Marathahalli, Bangalore. Both airbags deployed.

Guess it was a case of over speeding!:what:
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1420999142454.jpgAccidents in India | Pics & Videos-1420999217435.jpg
suhas.sudhish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 10:14   #16957
BHPian

Looks like the Avventura hit a Pole and at decent speed. May be an in-experienced driver behind the wheel. Very sad to see a beauty ruined :(
Old 12th January 2015, 10:16   #16958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas.sudhish View Post

Guess it was a case of over speeding!:what:
Looks like the car rammed a heavy vehicle without an underride guard!

Last edited by schakravarthy : 12th January 2015 at 10:17.
schakravarthy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 11:02   #16959
Senior - BHPian

Witnessed a minor accident in my IRVM this morning on the way to work. Was climbing the BETL ramp from the Silkboard side and usually people tend to speed up in this section (after being bottled behind buses blocking the road), but for one fella driving a beige i20 and another an Aveo, it turned out to be a big mistake. Me and the i10 behind me stopped in time as there was a traffic build up ahead. The i20 driver might have been distracted and screeched to a halt, almost hitting the divider (in an attempt to avoid the i10 ahead). Then there was a loud bang - a maroon Aveo had rear-ended the i20. The last thing I saw before moving off was the i20 driver moving a bit forward and the bent fender and broken number plate of the Aveo.

The i10 fella behind me had huge sigh of relief that his car didn't get rear-ended
Old 12th January 2015, 12:57   #16960
BHPian

Tanker goes shopping in Pune!

Was on my way to the airport. Saw this near Dighi road.
Am not sure what exactly the driver needed so badly that he had to go shopping this way...

On a more serious note, the truck broke the barrier, went over the divider, on to the other side, crossed the footpath, and entered the shop.

The truck contained Liquid Oxygen - thankfully the tanker did not burst otherwise it would have been a nightmare, since the shop was at the base of a residential building.

Few pics of the truck :

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20150112_101900.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20150112_101912.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20150112_101920.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20150112_101935.jpg

Pic from the other side of the road showing the broken divider (sorry for the unfocused pic)

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20150112_102109.jpg
keyur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 14:11   #16961
BHPian

Noticed a traffic jam this morning on my way to work on ORR right before the Babu Sahibpalya flyover in front of Trident Chevrolet (between Kalyan Nagar and Banaswadi). A man was sitting dazed on the road and looked like a two wheeler was rear ended by a car (not sure though). Could not take any pics as in was in a bus and lot of people had gathered.
Old 12th January 2015, 22:18   #16962
BHPian

Saw a pile up on Airoli bridge coming towards Airoli, navi Mumbai after mulund toll. This seemed to have happened between 9.30 pm to 10 pm tonight. Stuck in traffic for over 30 mins. Maybe around 4-5 vehicles involved. Couldn't take pics and not sure about casualties. One of the vehicles seemed to be pretty badly bashed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 12th January 2015, 23:33   #16963
BHPian

Saw this accident on the North bound stretch of the Khar Western Exp flyover at 7:10 today morning. A Wagon-R cool cab which had turned turtle and a TabCab(?) Sx4 banged up from the front.

-Bhargav
Old 14th January 2015, 09:32   #16964
Distinguished - BHPian

Watch the Dzire on the extreme right (as soon as the video starts). Thy guy decides to take a sudden right without any indicators. A lady and a kid on a scooter didnt notice and bang!. No injuries.

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 09:44   #16965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Watch the Dzire on the extreme right (as soon as the video starts). Thy guy decides to take a sudden right without any indicators. A lady and a kid on a scooter didnt notice and bang!. No injuries.
Shot from your car ? I don't intend to nitpick, but you seem to be tailing that Dzire too close. Aint it ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks