Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2015, 09:52   #16966
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Shot from your car ? I don't intend to nitpick, but you seem to be tailing that Dzire too close. Aint it ?
Yes, it's from the dash cam. Yes, it looks close because the video was edited from the point where he came to a halt suddenly and my car came close to it. It looks like I was tailing it very close. Bad editing I suppose.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 09:55   #16967
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Shot from your car ? I don't intend to nitpick, but you seem to be tailing that Dzire too close. Aint it ?
It could be due to the position/angle of the dash cam. We don't see his bonnet as well.
Edit: Naveen has already replied.

Last edited by arun_josie : 14th January 2015 at 09:56.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 21:37   #16968
BHPian

Just passed an accident on the ORR between HSR flyover ins Mantri apts. looks like a car was squeezed to the right and climbed the median and into a pole, wasn't able to take pics as was driving. Didn't want to stop and add to the traffic snarl that had begun. Anyone got more info or pics?
Old 15th January 2015, 00:04   #16969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
Just passed an accident on the ORR between HSR flyover ins Mantri apts. looks like a car was squeezed to the right and climbed the median and into a pole, wasn't able to take pics as was driving. Didn't want to stop and add to the traffic snarl that had begun. Anyone got more info or pics?
I passed the spot at 11:15 PM and everything was clean and clear. No signs of any accident, nor any traffic.
Old 15th January 2015, 10:34   #16970
Senior - BHPian

Today morning I saw at least two collided trucks on Gurgaon-Faridabad road that resulted in huge jam. Looks like fog was the culprit.
Old 15th January 2015, 11:40   #16971
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Looks like fog was the culprit.
Please rethink. Weather is never the culprit (except, maybe, in freak, sudden, unforeseeable events). Drivers are the culprits.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 12:20   #16972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Watch the Dzire on the extreme right (as soon as the video starts). Thy guy decides to take a sudden right without any indicators. A lady and a kid on a scooter didnt notice and bang!. No injuries.
OT: Is your dashcam broken? It seems to have every single item out of focus. How's that possible?! Or did this happen due to some post processing?

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th January 2015 at 01:25. Reason: Removed video url to reduce quoted posts's size, thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 12:30   #16973
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
OT: Is your dashcam broken? It seems to have every single item out of focus. How's that possible?! Or did this happen due to some post processing?
Dash cam is fine. Happened because I accidentally applied youtube processing fix.
Old 15th January 2015, 18:24   #16974
Senior - BHPian

Didn't see much reporting of the Nissan Sunny accident near Perumbavur in Kerala a couple of days ago? A newlywed couple (in fact, on the day after the marriage) were travelling with the bride's father and mother; the groom his father-in-law died and the bride and her mother are battling to survive at a local hospital.

This is on the Perumbavur-Muvattupuzha section of MC Road; which is wide and smooth but twisty - easy to get carried away but tough to retain control at high speeds.

Vernacular report: http://malayalam.oneindia.com/news/k...or-129539.html
Old 15th January 2015, 19:20   #16975
Distinguished - BHPian

Marriage must be the culprit.

Seriously though, I see so many reports of post/pre-marriage accidents, that I feel afraid if I hear of anyone I know travelling as part of such a party.

When too many people are crammed into the vehicle (often a completely unsuitable vehicle if the people are poor) the problem is compounded, and the deaths and injuries increase.

Happiness turned into tragedy. How? Bad driving.

So sad.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 20:17   #16976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Marriage must be the culprit.

Seriously though, I see so many reports of post/pre-marriage accidents, that I feel afraid if I hear of anyone I know travelling as part of such a party.

When too many people are crammed into the vehicle (often a completely unsuitable vehicle if the people are poor) the problem is compounded, and the deaths and injuries increase.

Happiness turned into tragedy. How? Bad driving.

So sad.
+1 to that. Even I sometimes wonder what's the mystery behind ghastly and high fatality accidents almost always uncannily occurring during to/fro travel of 1)marriage party's/processions, and 2)devotional places(India).

On first observation logic suggests either distractedness of the drivers whose minds are preoccupied with the ongoing event/s, which lowers their concentration levels leading to bad driving. Also over the limit occupancy of the vehicle is also a very big reason most of the time. Some people might also blame fate or such other reasons. But I highly suspect the cause to be that most Indians trust God more than trusting safety. Not that this is entirely wrong, but I think most of us don't take safety very seriously. Which we should. There is so much proof of that everywhere.

One very big example is the amount of importance most folks give to "cheap creature comforts" and price involved when buying a vehicle rather than paying any attention to how much safety it offers. Ever. The Datsun Go for example, which is very "value for money" proposition in Indian buyer terms has been deemed the most unsafe car by the crash test dummies lately, and Datsun even "promised" to remove it from the market and even take back units already sold, if I'm not mistaken, but they continue to proudly have them on display at their showrooms. Leave alone stoppping sale. And nobody bats an eyelid! Now this is sad.
Old 15th January 2015, 20:36   #16977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
+1 to that. Even I sometimes wonder what's the mystery behind ghastly and high fatality accidents almost always uncannily occurring during to/fro travel of 1)marriage party's/processions, and 2)devotional places(India).
Lack of sleep, may be? These events are tiring. Maybe they want to reach destination before a fixed time. So what we have is tired individuals, who haven't slept well for last couple of days and they are hurrying to reach the destination.
Old 15th January 2015, 20:56   #16978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Lack of sleep, may be? These events are tiring. Maybe they want to reach destination before a fixed time. So what we have is tired individuals, who haven't slept well for last couple of days and they are hurrying to reach the destination.
In some marriage celebrations, alcohol also plays a role. 'Aap nahi piyenge toh hum bura maan jayenge'. So you have drunk and tired guests, overloaded in a vehicle, driving home late in the night.
Old 15th January 2015, 20:59   #16979
Senior - BHPian

This R15 was parked outside my mechanic's workshop which is adjacent to a police station. According to a policeman standing there, the bike was owned by an 18 year old Afghan national who was studying in Pune. Yesterday night at about 8 pm the bike crashed into the divider on NH4 passing through Warje. The accident took place just in front of the Mai Mangeshkar Hospital when the R15 rider tried saving a lady who was crossing the road. The policeman also said this being the 4th accident on the same spot yesterday, though others had minor injuries. As commonly seen in such accidents, the rider was not wearing a helmet. He was declared dead on the spot.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_8592.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_8593.jpg

Last edited by asit.kulkarni93 : 15th January 2015 at 21:01.
Old 15th January 2015, 21:23   #16980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
This!

Experienced it first hand with my wedding last month and I was only driving from Gurgaon to Ghaziabad!

No alcohol was in the system and it was pure tiredness that started to take it's toll on our way back.

I stopped for a few minutes, had a few splashes of water on my face, and I was good to go.
TheDesertRat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks