re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

News report of the above accident

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/45891675.cms
Old 16th January 2015, 05:52   #16982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
This R15 was parked outside my mechanic's workshop which is adjacent to a police station.
Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
R15? A sports bike?. TOI is at its best again.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 12:14   #16983
Senior - BHPian

Pic and story:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-0...gher-laws.html
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 22:43   #16984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Every time I read such news I shudder what might follow. You know why? I fear they will put speedbreakers every 100 metres and "kill" all other road users on a daily basis.

Vizag, where I live, did not have a single speedbreakers in the entire city and I often prided on that. Few years ago, some stupid bikers decided to race on winding beach road and killed themselves in the process. Local authorities "woke up" and put in place some 100 bumps in a 28 KM stretch. It took the total joy out of this beach road which is as it is very sparsely travelled. Now all other road users "die" on a daily basis when they come down to a crawl on a wide 4-lane empty road to pay respect to huge bumps put up. It is as though every citizen of this city is made to pay homage on a daily basis to those stupid rash riders who died because of their own recklessness and stupidity. My point is, stupid riders/drivers will devise ingenious ways of killing themselves. Why punish us sane riders/drivers for their follies? I hope authorities in Punjab act in a more rational manner instead of doing something dumb like civic authorities of city of Vizag.

Last edited by pgsagar : 16th January 2015 at 22:45.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 22:53   #16985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Local authorities "woke up" and put in place some 100 bumps in a 28 KM stretch.
Kiddie stuff. Hosa Road in Bangalore has 60+ speedbreakers in a 6.5km stretch. Bangalore is a veritable showroom of all types of speedbreaker designs. Anyone with a road-facing gate in Bangalore can put up two speedbreakers, on either side of his gate.

Edit: Lest it is not clear - I am totally against the concept of speedbreakers. They are usually badly designed, badly signposted, and in these days of 0-60+ in 2.5 seconds, they are superfluous too.

Last edited by binand : 16th January 2015 at 22:55.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 23:09   #16986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Kiddie stuff. Hosa Road in Bangalore has 60+ speedbreakers in a 6.5km stretch. Bangalore is a veritable showroom of all types of speedbreaker designs. Anyone with a road-facing gate in Bangalore can put up two speedbreakers, on either side of his gate.

Edit: Lest it is not clear - I am totally against the concept of speedbreakers. They are usually badly designed, badly signposted, and in these days of 0-60+ in 2.5 seconds, they are superfluous too.
60 in 6.5 KMs? Please tell me you are joking, right? Actually, I was kidding about 100 in 28 KMs. They are more like 15 to 18 and we crrrry. So please tell me that you said it in a jest when you said 60 in 6.5 Km. But if the number really is 60 like you said, it will give me a huuuge relief that we the citizens of Visakhapatnam are not alone in this pain and suffering.
Old 17th January 2015, 01:50   #16987
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
60 in 6.5 KMs? Please tell me you are joking, right? Actually, I was kidding about 100 in 28 KMs. They are more like 15 to 18 and we crrrry. So please tell me that you said it in a jest when you said 60 in 6.5 Km. But if the number really is 60 like you said, it will give me a huuuge relief that we the citizens of Visakhapatnam are not alone in this pain and suffering.
he he ... here is more shock coming your way => http://goo.gl/maps/g07Pj
This road is just adjacent to hosa road, and exactly 6km long - this has 54 himalayan humps, a cement factory spewing enough chemicals and smoke to cause tuberculosis within 30 seconds, enough jaywalkers every 500 meters who are on a mission to find out how thin the whisker in "missing by a whisker" really is; and to complete the whole package tour, a few unattended potholes which day-by-day grow in size, develop more muscles and are now big enough to swallow a maruti800 in whole, if the driver is not careful. In short, if you are not muttering unmentionables under your breath after covering this 6km, you are either a ninja or a monk.
venkyhere is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 14:06   #16988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
he he ... here is more shock coming your way => http://goo.gl/maps/g07Pj
This road is just adjacent to hosa road, and exactly 6km long - this has 54 himalayan humps, a cement factory spewing enough chemicals and smoke to cause tuberculosis within 30 seconds, enough jaywalkers every 500 meters who are on a mission to find out how thin the whisker in "missing by a whisker" really is; and to complete the whole package tour, a few unattended potholes which day-by-day grow in size, develop more muscles and are now big enough to swallow a maruti800 in whole, if the driver is not careful. In short, if you are not muttering unmentionables under your breath after covering this 6km, you are either a ninja or a monk.
I rest my case your honour. The top slot goes to Bangalore, unless some other city denizen step forward and prove us wrong. As for me, I found the Hungarian solution and am happy about it. Next time I drive on this beach road, I will take solace in the fact that someone someplace else is crying more. But jokes apart, it is about time somene rid this country of speed-humps altogether and not punish sane drivers of a crime comitted by rash drivers.

Last edited by pgsagar : 17th January 2015 at 14:07.
Old 17th January 2015, 14:27   #16989
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
R15? A sports bike?.
So, R15 is....?? No body said it is a Super Bike. And it doesn't mention the bike even. I think it is fair.
Old 17th January 2015, 14:28   #16990
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Not only bangalore has more umber of speed breakers than in any other place in India, it also takes pride in making them steepest. Almost 90% of speed breakers are almost 8"-10" in height. some are even around 1ft in height. Another great thing is ther will be no slope on either side of the hump. It is always steep hump, just like a wall erected on the road
Old 17th January 2015, 19:23   #16991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Not only bangalore has more umber of speed breakers than in any other place in India, it also takes pride in making them steepest. Almost 90% of speed breakers are almost 8"-10" in height. some are even around 1ft in height. Another great thing is ther will be no slope on either side of the hump. It is always steep hump, just like a wall erected on the road
+1
On top of that, there will be a pothole when you land down on the slope ending up with hitting the car bumper or Low GC car bottom

Very dangerous for 2 wheelers too.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 20:00   #16992
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday around 9PM, I was at my sister's home at Sakthikulangara (Kollam, KL) which is by the side of the highway NH47, when we hear a loud screech followed by a crash. Rush out to see a bike crashed - did not hit anyone, just skidded, maybe to avoid someone crossing the road. One guy lay bang in the centre of the highway motionless, the other thrown to the side of the road. Luckily not much traffic or the guy could have been run over.

Luckily there were lots of folks waiting at the nearby theatre to catch the 9:30 show, who came over and helped these guys into an auto and an Eon. Both had head injuries (no helmets obviously) and one good samaritan used his shirt to stem the blood flow from the head of one of the victims. Hope these guys came through without any serious issues - nothing in today's newspaper. Really shook me.

I so wish Mr.Rishiraj Singh I.P.S. was still the transport head - helmet usage had been strictly enforced by him.
Old 17th January 2015, 20:13   #16993
Senior - BHPian

A week ago, the son my colleague in Jaipur had a very bad accident. He is now in ICU with both his hips dislocated, multiple fracture to both the legs. Looks like the newer generation has no liking for a living. At the same time, it is disheartening to see parents and relatives put into extreme hardship.
Old 17th January 2015, 20:56   #16994
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this crashed Zest near Nashik Phata, Pune.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20150115_180340743_hdr.jpg  

Old 18th January 2015, 09:27   #16995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
This is the same kind of scenario here in Hyderabad where people can put up speed breakers in front of their homes at free will. All you need is concrete and bad engineering brains coupled with horrible common sense and you have a ugly looking speed breaker overnight. It is kind of plausible since Hyderabad is famous for two wheeled hooligans found in plenty all across the city. I have always blamed my service guys when the front suspension of my previous car used to make all sorts of weird noises but now if the same issue pops up in my new one then I now know who to blame.

Most Viewed