Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2015, 19:33   #17101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

Man, that FZ guy should be a role model. He truly earned the right to his ride.
Truly! Actually upon spotting the machine, I followed him for quite a distance. His riding was very polished - leaning with poise, exiting corners gracefully and the like. Mind you, he never really crossed 100kph(on a highway, on an FZ1000!! The guy should be a saint!). Only once did he show the machine's true colors - while taking off from a green light! The sound, the acceleration was just too good! But he never went overboard there either settling into the legal speed limit pretty soon. Just reinforces the concept that one doesn't always have to ride fast to have fun! I hope the young generation idolizes guys like him, and develop such riding skills rather than just jumping onto a moped and twisting the throttle like untrained monkeys.
GKR9900 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 23:46   #17102
BHPian

Re: Super-Cars & Exotic Imports Crashes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Few SBK's do 150+ in 1st gear and continue to accelerate hard even at 250. Can pop wheelies at 200+
Damn this is scary. There is so little time to react between the time I spot the vehicles on the road and the time they pass by. I wouldn't last even a few seconds at these speeds.

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th February 2015 at 22:46. Reason: Please dont quote videos or images inside quotes as it incoveniences our mobile readers. Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 00:22   #17103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Four killed as bus runs over people in Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh

Hyderabad, Feb 1, 2015: Four people were killed and two injured Sunday when a bus ran over people near Rajahmundry in Andhra Pradesh, police said.

The accident occurred at the Rajahmundry-Morampudi junction when the bus - belonging to a private school - was carrying people to a public meeting of YSR Congress Party in Tanaku in West Godavari district.

A 12-year-old boy and a woman were among the dead. The condition of the injured was said to be critical.

The bus driver apparently lost control of the vehicle which hit a car and crushed three motorbikes. The bus overturned before coming to a halt.

Shocking images of the accident were captured on CCTV cameras.

The government has ordered a probe into the accident.
Attachment 1335459
http://www.newswala.com/India-Nation...ra-131866.html

Old 4th February 2015, 20:02   #17104
BHPian

This is ghastly. Poor family bore the brunt for no fault of theirs. Look at the speed at which he rams. With TDP in power, hope this guy gets justice soon.
Old 5th February 2015, 08:57   #17105
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Today while coming to office on the NECE ring road, There was a big traffic jam on both sides of the road. I was sleeping in the last row of my company cab and woke up. I heard the sound of the siren of an ambulance. There were many vehicles parked on both sides. I expected and prepared myself to see some disturbing images. I did see some disturbing images but not the kind that I was expecting.

A truck had met with an accident on the opposite side of the road and the driver cabin was damaged. Nobody seemed to have been hurt or they had already been shifted.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20150205wa0001.jpg

It was a truck which was carrying all sorts of provision items like cooking oil, good life milk, biscuits, snacks etc.
All the road and people who had stopped their vehicles were looting the truck. many had climbed on to the rear and taking whatever they could. Some people were taking sack full of items while some others collected as many items as they could hold in their hands.
people were crossing from this side to the other in an attempt to collect whatever they could.

I can use only two emoticons here, So, I was like this

The first one was an instant reaction by looking at the scene. And the second one was when I was thinking about it till I reached office
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 09:06   #17106
Senior - BHPian

This is nothing. Look at these for true looting enthusiasm.

http://daily.bhaskar.com/news/MP-BHO...10797-PHO.html

http://www.firstpost.com/mumbai/phot...i-1473607.html
Old 5th February 2015, 09:26   #17107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
It was a truck which was carrying all sorts of provision items like cooking oil, good life milk, biscuits, snacks etc.
All the road and people who had stopped their vehicles were looting the truck. many had climbed on to the rear and taking whatever they could. Some people were taking sack full of items while some others collected as many items as they could hold in their hands.
people were crossing from this side to the other in an attempt to collect whatever they could.

The first one was an instant reaction by looking at the scene. And the second one was when I was thinking about it till I reached office
Did the people stop their cars also to loot the stuff?
Old 5th February 2015, 10:04   #17108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I've been witness to a similar scene on the Bangalore-Mysore highway. And in my case, it was a truck transporting cigarette packs that had overturned. There were traffic jams on both sides of the 4 lane highway as people had haphazardly parked their vehicles and were preying on the truck's contents, like vultures on rotting meat; albeit with considerably less dignity!
schakravarthy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 10:13   #17109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today while coming to office on the NECE ring road, There was a big traffic jam on both sides of the road. I was sleeping in the last row of my company cab and woke up. I heard the sound of the siren of an ambulance. There were many vehicles parked on both sides. I expected and prepared myself to see some disturbing images. I did see some disturbing images but not the kind that I was expecting.

A truck had met with an accident on the opposite side of the road and the driver cabin was damaged. Nobody seemed to have been hurt or they had already been shifted.

Attachment 1336539

Even i passed by this truck on the way to office at around 8.30 . By that time , i think the looting was already completed. The truck had caught fire and burnt. Wrappers and packing stuff was strewn all around.
Old 5th February 2015, 13:45   #17110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Did the people stop their cars also to loot the stuff?
In this particular picture the Verna had stopped but not that duster guy there were many others too

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
This is nothing. Look at these for true looting enthusiasm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
preying on the truck's contents, like vultures on rotting meat; albeit with considerably less dignity!
The goods in the truck are to blame here. Had they been provisions like this, then the enthusiasm or dignity would've been similar to this incident IMO
Old 5th February 2015, 21:35   #17111
Senior - BHPian

Talk about a close shave!!!

A couple of friends and I were at a friend's machine shop, when we heard a loud bang! An auto-rickshaw driver lost control of his vehicle and went crashing into the rows of parked two-wheelers before turning turtle. Sadly, the major impact was borne by my friend's CBZ and a Splendor. The CBZ now has a broken mudguard and is also 'facing North but going East'! The driver of the rickshaw, quite aged, has a few bruises, but is mainly ok.

But, what's the close shave you ask? Well.. my 'Plastic' Duke 390 was next in line; parked right next to the CBZ! Phew!
schakravarthy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th February 2015, 10:26   #17112
BHPian

One person was killed and 21 others injured in a road accident Thursday in Udhampur district of the Jammu region.

http://www.indiagazette.com/index.php/sid/230002315
Old 6th February 2015, 11:56   #17113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post
One person was killed and 21 others injured in a road accident Thursday in Udhampur district of the Jammu region.

http://www.indiagazette.com/index.php/sid/230002315
Pity on the person who died in this accident. Most unluckiest way.
Old 6th February 2015, 14:46   #17114
BHPian

Road rage by pachyderms

In a 'mammoth' display of strength and anger, a herd of elephants went on the rampage, blocking traffic for hours after one of their members was killed by an over speeding car on the Krishnagiri-Hosur national highway late on Tuesday night.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/46139083.cms
Old 6th February 2015, 15:58   #17115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurudutt View Post

Road rage by pachyderms
Though I do get the funny side of your statement gurudutt, I feel extremely sad and sorry for these animals.

At least from the article, it appears that the Polo was doing some high speed run to knock down a calf dead. If my assumption is true, I only wish the driver of the car is punished for this infanticide.

I would have probably cheered the destruction of the car if I was around after what the driver did to the calf.
Vik0728 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks