Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2015, 12:22   #17206
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Spotted this zen near sankey tank.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dash-1.jpg

God knows how the owner managed to drive through the divider for so long.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dash2.jpg

On my way back spotted this car again, looks like they manged to move it to the side.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dash-3.jpg
Old 16th February 2015, 13:06   #17207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
God knows how the owner managed to drive through the divider for so long.
That's quite a distance ! Seriously do not understand what was he trying to do and how he missed noticing the divider. Must be drunk and driving, and high speeding case.
Old 16th February 2015, 14:32   #17208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
I met with an accident on Saturday while taking a right. I had green signal whereas a Eicher came straight (even though he had a red) and hit my car in the front wheen arch. My car turned about 30 degrees and hit a BMW 520D face to face. The BMW guy was watching the whole thing and he was actually waiting for me to go since I had a green signal. Now have to suffer with an accident (mentally) for no mistake of mine.

Please wear seat belts. Just because of wearing one, I didn't even move a inch at the time of impact which saved me from banging my head on the window. Else, I'm not sure what would have happened.
That'a a bad and sad thing!! Hope you are covered well in terms of insurance. Did you file a police complaint against that Eicher? He should be arrested for dangerous driving!!
Old 16th February 2015, 14:34   #17209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
That'a a bad and sad thing!! Hope you are covered well in terms of insurance. Did you file a police complaint against that Eicher? He should be arrested for dangerous driving!!
Yes. Called 100 and informed, a traffic police came. Surprisingly, they were very helpful. Need to go and get the FIR copy.
Old 16th February 2015, 14:38   #17210
BHPian

ALLAHABAD: Three persons of a family, including an additional chief medical officer (ACMO) and his cousins, were killed and two others sustained serious injuries when Mahindra Xylo, in which they were travelling, collided head on with a speeding truck near Adhawan turn under the Jhunsi police station late on Saturday night.

Surprisingly, driver of the Xylo managed to jump from the vehicle before the collision. The two other injured family members (both women) were admitted to a hospital for treatment.

Police said that Xylo driver Manish of Allahabad had been arrested while a case was lodged against absconding truck driver.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c.../46255238.cms?
Old 16th February 2015, 18:35   #17211
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Spotted this nasty multi-car pileup on the Lonavla ghats. These cars were coming down, right after that tricky tunnel which has a sharp turn at its exit (catches many drivers out).

On the right side of the bus were 3 smashed cars lying perpendicular to the road. A grey EcoSport in between, with a Superb (not visible in this pic) on the other side. Must say, the EcoSport took the sandwich surprisingly well. Strong structure . No one appeared hurt inside.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ahcy7txni4uf4trz5akki8ruusvwcocyjfhmkiczgl.jpg
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 08:42   #17212
Senior - BHPian

An update on the Hummer accident reported in the previous pages.

The guard has succumbed to his injuries on Monday night.
May his soul RIP.

I hope they charge the culprit with first degree murder and punish him accordingly.

Guard-hit-by-Hummer-dies
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 09:09   #17213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
Thanks a lot. It happened at the signal outside SRMC.
Great to know that you are safe! Did that scumbag get arrested then? Hope you won't have to go through an hassle to get justice!

Last edited by gabrielthomas : 17th February 2015 at 09:11.
Old 17th February 2015, 09:13   #17214
BHPian

Jhabua, Madhya Pradesh: At least 10 people were killed and over 40 others injured on Monday night when a private bus in which they were travelling in fell into a deep gorge in Machalia Ghat in neighbouring Dhar district.

http://www.ndtv.com/others-news/8-ki...pradesh-740119
Old 17th February 2015, 09:37   #17215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielthomas View Post
Great to know that you are safe! Did that scumbag get arrested then? Hope you won't have to go through an hassle to get justice!
Arrest? Lol, they just seized the vehicle, RTR inspection and then that guy will pay fine in the court. Rest we need to take care like the amount that has to be paid after the insurance claim etc.
Old 17th February 2015, 11:19   #17216
BHPian

CHENNAI: A 40-year-old MTC bus conductor died on the spot when a speeding van knocked his two wheeler down in Tiruvallur on Sunday.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/46265140.cms
Old 18th February 2015, 10:14   #17217
BHPian

This morning while passing through ISRO circle Marathalli, noticed an accident between a RMC truck and a Swift Dzire. Looks like RMC truck was taking the wide U turn and the Swift guy might have tried to sneak out from the left side of the truck. The impact was mostly on the driver side door/B pillar area. Sorry, no time to stop and take pics.
Old 19th February 2015, 10:33   #17218
BHPian

MALAPPURAM: Three youths from Malappuram were killed and nine others injured in an accident near Ramanathapuram in Tamil Nadu on Wednesday morning.

The initial inquiry of police indicates that the driver could have slept at the wheel and lost control of vehicle. A case has been registered with Uchipuli police station and an investigation is being carried out.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/46293167.cms
Old 19th February 2015, 13:31   #17219
BHPian

Got this on facebook. It happened near Salem-Namakkal by-pass. News is that passengers are safe with minor scratches. Surely, love the build quality of ford vehicles. I also own a ford and can say that they really tough!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-4.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-5.jpg  

Rabbit80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 14:39   #17220
BHPian

Seeing the picture of Ecosport accident, it is hard to believe that passengers are safe with minor scratches. Kudos to Ford's build quality!!. Ecosport does took the beat and safeguard the occupants. Sadly the car is brand new and yet to get registered.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks