Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2015, 09:26   #17731
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

My inference on the Dzire crush above is the tanker lost brakes/control while coming down the hill. The Dzire would have been in front of him anyway and would have hit the car at an angle which led it to become sideways and pushed it along till it hit the oncoming climbing truck which has minimal damage compared to the tanker.
Since it is a hairpin bend, the climbing truck will take a wider turn on the outside hence in that position.

RIP

Last edited by tharian : 1st June 2015 at 09:28.
Old 1st June 2015, 12:16   #17732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
No one can survive in a sandwich of two trucks even in the safest of cars with 10 or more airbags.
The position of the truck doesn't make much sense. Unless there was another road adjacent to the curve from which side the truck came which can't be seen in the photos. Looks like either the tanker nudged the right rear end of the desire causing it to turn right into it's own path and then the unexplained trajectory brought the truck into the finale.... RIP
Old 1st June 2015, 13:38   #17733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
Sorry to hear about the accident and hope the xing driver was belted up.
On stupid question if the biker rear ended the xing and you were parallel how could the biker ram into you also
The biker swerved to the left to avoid crashing into the xing but was too late, he hit the xing and fell on the left(where my car was)
The bike would have caused some damage to my car's rear door & fender if I had panic braked.
saadat1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 16:06   #17734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
The position of the truck doesn't make much sense. Unless there was another road adjacent to the curve from which side the truck came which can't be seen in the photos. Looks like either the tanker nudged the right rear end of the desire causing it to turn right into it's own path and then the unexplained trajectory brought the truck into the finale.... RIP
The right truck was stationary and was broken down in the night itself. The swift was just passing the front of the broken down truck when a rashly driven truck - the left one pinned it onto the stationary truck.
Very unfortunate accident.
amit_mechengg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 19:31   #17735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
The right truck was stationary and was broken down in the night itself. The swift was just passing the front of the broken down truck when a rashly driven truck - the left one pinned it onto the stationary truck.
Very unfortunate accident.

Wow ! How did you infer that a " rashly driven truck " was the reason for this accident ? Were you present at the site ? Or is it that you are going by the idiots called newspaper reporters who say its a tire burst if its a single vehicle accident or say its " rash and negligient driving" by the driver of the larger/ more expensive vehicle in case of an accident involving multiple vehicles

This looks more of an accident by an impatient and reckless car driver who tried to overtake from the left of the tanker and into the small gap he saw in between the parked truck and the tanker.
Old 1st June 2015, 19:55   #17736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Wow ! How did you infer that a " rashly driven truck " was the reason for this accident ? Were you present at the site ?
I think this is a junction as far as I remember goa. Do you see the temple behind, might be the car is coming from that direction just crossed the stalled truck and this happened
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20150601wa0028.jpg  

amit_mechengg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 20:28   #17737
Senior - BHPian

Trucks that climb down usually keep to the left most in doing the steep bends. So in this case why did he turn to the right side of the road?

The Swift must have overtook the parked truck and facing a truck face-to-face and both the truck and swift swerved to same direction resulting in a 1-2-3 collision.

Of course this is only another conjecture.

EDIT: The angle of the break-down truck is confusing. Was the tanker trying to pass through the right or left of the break-down truck?

Last edited by ramzsys : 1st June 2015 at 20:33.
Old 2nd June 2015, 14:00   #17738
BHPian

Escaped death narrowly twice on a weekend trip to Goa.
I will recount one incident here that I believe needs a place on this thread.

On the way back, at the first fuel pump on the expressway from Pune (HPCL with the Cafe Coffee Day on top of it).

We tanked up the Superb and I was punching my pin in to the money reduction device, when all of a sudden there was a loud and sharp Boom.

Heads turn, people start running with Buckets of water and sand. I noticed ALL the pump operators had stopped their nozzles, the security was surrounding a white Fortuner with sparks coming out of the boot (yeah, Boot!). Security surrounded the car along with staff, and they put out the crackers. What happened here? A cracker was burst along with a cracker candle put on the cake in the boot of the Fortuner, in the fuel pump.

Now the people in the Fortuner (2-3 middle aged ladies, 3 middle aged gents, a old gent and a small girl - the birthday girl) start to argue with the staff without an iota of understanding of what could have transpired.

Finally it looked like the security had to point their weapons at them to make them move out while they were cribbing about the ruined cake and celebrations and then the pumps started again.

Time stamp of my card receipt: 00:01 AM 1/June/2015.

I plan to write an email to HPCL thanking them for the trained staff at this location who averted what could have been a massive tragedy befitting the TOI front page, any one can help me with an email address or few?
latentpotential is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 14:07   #17739
Senior - BHPian

http://www.hindustanpetroleum.com/RetailCPIOResult

J Jaya Prakash
Central Public Information Officer
Pune Retail RO HPCL, Pune Retail RO, P.B.No.90, 3 C, Dr. Ambedkar Road, Camp, Pune,Pune,Maharashtra,411001 Office 1:(020)26053335
Office 2:(020)26213200
Mob: 8975768886 jp@hpcl.in
hserus is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 14:25   #17740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
A cracker was burst along with a cracker candle put on the cake in the boot of the Fortuner, in the fuel pump.
Birthday celebration, in the boot of a Fortuner, at a fuel pump !!

I don't care, if there was a kid inside or whatever - let others live!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd June 2015 at 14:41. Reason: Removed the unwanted bits. Thanks!
Soumyajit9 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 14:35   #17741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
http://www.hindustanpetroleum.com/RetailCPIOResult

J Jaya Prakash
Central Public Information Officer
Pune Retail RO HPCL, Pune Retail RO, P.B.No.90, 3 C, Dr. Ambedkar Road, Camp, Pune,Pune,Maharashtra,411001 Office 1:(020)26053335
Office 2:(020)26213200
Mob: 8975768886 jp@hpcl.in
Thanks, sent a mail out. Hope they convey the same to the pump staff on our behalf.
Old 2nd June 2015, 16:33   #17742
BHPian

Accidents in India - PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Birthday celebration, in the boot of a Fortuner, at a fuel pump !!

I don't care, if there was a kid inside or whatever - let others live!

They wanted the little girl's birthday to be everyone else' death day? How can people be so senseless and careless?
Old 2nd June 2015, 18:34   #17743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
.... A cracker was burst along with a cracker candle put on the cake in the boot of the Fortuner, in the fuel pump....
Looks like they took the phrase, "Happy birthday! Have a blast!" quite literally!! Bursting crackers is too mainstream; how bout we blast some bunks, eh?? Big fire; Big sound! Yipeee!

We have no dearth of prized nincompoops. Ceat summarised it best with their catchphrase- "The streets are filled with idiots..!"

Last edited by schakravarthy : 2nd June 2015 at 18:37.
schakravarthy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 19:04   #17744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
Looks like they took the phrase, "Happy birthday! Have a blast!" quite literally!! Bursting crackers is too mainstream; how bout we blast some bunks, eh?? Big fire; Big sound! Yipeee!

We have no dearth of prized nincompoops. Ceat summarised it best with their catchphrase- "The streets are filled with idiots..!"
Ha ha. Hilariously stupid egoistic folks. Seriously, these guys should join the 'Comedy Classes' team on Life Ok channel. They really belong there! I'm starting a thread where all fellow bhpians can share their encounters which such mighty fools. Mods help me and let me know if there already is such a thread. I think it would beat the jokes thread hollow! Stupidity and ego bordering on the brink of disaster seems to be a good concoction to create a fun thread and even spread awareness about the antics and possibilities of this tribe hence no-one would risk being taken by surprise on encountering a specimen

Last edited by pixantz : 2nd June 2015 at 19:06.
Old 2nd June 2015, 19:46   #17745
BHPian

Good response from the HPCL team. I think they should put the footage of this incident on YouTube with the vehicle number if possible. Such idiots deserve to be publicly shamed.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed