Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2015, 23:57   #18001
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Got these pictures on facebook.
Here are couple of more pics. As per the update in facebook, the car was over speeding and lost control.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpg  

Old 20th June 2015, 00:05   #18002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I hope this is not off topic.
In case of a dog coming onto your path and you car is being driven at high speed, what would BHPians have done or what would you recommend should be done?

In my opinion we should try braking, if not possible, hit the dog ( I am an animal lover myself, so although I may sound insensitive, I believe if it is a choice between my family's safety or an animal, I would definitely choose the former) Swerving or veering will cause more damage and harm to the passengers. I knew of a business head in my organisation, who tried swerving to avoid a dog and his Toyota Altis hit a milk truck at high speed. Fortunately, he survived with minor injuries, but the car ended up being a total loss.

I faced a similar situation a few months back, and ended up unwillingly hitting the dog, since the brakes could not stop in time. I avoided veering or I may have faced the plight of these poor Kerala doctors.
I faced a similar situation while driving to Kumbakonam with my wife and 2 kids last december. It was on NH 79 (salem-ulundurpet highway). I was driving around 80-85 kmph when a dog suddenly ventured into my driving path.
I did apply sudden brake but did not dare to take a turn either to the left or right for the fear of losing control over the vehicle.
Fortunately for me no vehicle was tailgating mine. Unfortunately the dog died.
Old 20th June 2015, 01:26   #18003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Here are couple of more pics. As per the update in facebook, the car was over speeding and lost control.
The photo says amaze sx idtec .
I think that version has airbags .
Why did they not deploy ?
anky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 06:04   #18004
Senior - BHPian

Am I seeing things or is the roof and body shell crumpled in as well, not just the crumple zone? I doubt airbags would have helped in such a case.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 06:24   #18005
Senior - BHPian

Just spotted this accident on the way to the airport on the outside perimeter of the Yelahanka airbase. That's a Bullet under that Indica. Couldn't see the injured parties; maybe they were already taken to the hospital.

There was lot of traffic on both sides of the road because of this (bloody onlookers!).

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434761600.916485.jpg
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 08:48   #18006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Horrible accident, and does look like a lower model because of the missing airbags.

Won't speculate on seat-belts or speeds, but I hope they were belted up because they were definitely going fast enough to kill themselves, very violently at that, if the damage is anything to go by.

If I am not mistaken the Amaze SX does have airbags. Not sure if it would be effective in such circumstances. The facebook update says that the driver was overspending and lost control. He died on the spot. RIP.
Again a ghastly reminder to keep speeds under check. Belt up and drive safe.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 09:17   #18007
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
The photo says amaze sx idtec .
I think that version has airbags .
Why did they not deploy ?
There aren't any snaps of the interiors to sufficiently conclude that the airbags didn't deploy. The airbags could very well be hanging from the steering and co-driver dash after they got deflated.
Old 20th June 2015, 09:36   #18008
Senior - BHPian

Accidents in India - PICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
There aren't any snaps of the interiors to sufficiently conclude that the airbags didn't deploy. The airbags could very well be hanging from the steering and co-driver dash after they got deflated.

I guess these two snaps prove the presence of airbags.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434773070.743241.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434773012.508269.jpg

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 20th June 2015 at 09:42.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 10:25   #18009
Distinguished - BHPian

In many cases, the roof and doors can be removed after the accident to remove the occupants. So unless we have a first hand account, we cannot be sure if the roof crumpled in the impact or was cut later.

At least now I hope some BHPians question why Honda willfully restricts the Amaze to 140 kmpH. Every time I ask this, people find it convenient to say that people don't touch such speeds so it's a non issue. While I doubt the very safety of the car due to which Honda is restricting it's speed.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 19:48   #18010
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this i20 near Sindhrot, Vadodara.
Dont have any further details.
After looking at rusted steering knuckle and even rusted lower arms, I am a worried about my Grand i10.
Not sure if its visible or not, but the lower arm did have rust. May be I am very paranoid about the rust in my car, but this car seems to have the front right suspension broken.

Lower arm was dislodged from chassis. The car has same registration number series as my grand i10.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20150620_185352.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20150620_185357.jpg  

Old 20th June 2015, 20:23   #18011
Senior - BHPian

I have an amaze - and once when I'd taken it for a longish drive with a hired temp driver because I was tired out the night before + early start, I soon regretted it because of high speed + rash driving. Anyway, the cutoff seemed to be at lower three digits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
In many cases, the roof and doors can be removed after the accident to remove the occupants. So unless we have a first hand account, we cannot be sure if the roof crumpled in the impact or was cut later.
At least now I hope some BHPians question why Honda willfully restricts the Amaze to 140 kmpH. Every time I ask this, people find it convenient to say that people don't touch such speeds so it's a non issue. While I doubt the very safety of the car due to which Honda is restricting it's speed.

Last edited by ampere : 21st June 2015 at 00:46. Reason: Removed high speed related aspects.
Old 20th June 2015, 20:58   #18012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I have an amaze - and once when I'd taken it for a longish drive with a hired temp driver because I was tired out the night before + early start, I soon regretted it because of high speed + rash driving. Anyway, the cutoff seemed to be at lower three digits.
Irrespective of whether a car can do high speeds, it is up to sensible humans to decide what speed is best suited for better vehicle control, reflex and less fatigue. Even if one of the 3 parameters mentioned above is not adhered to, the consequences can be fatal.

I too have a santro xing and on one occasion touched high speeds on a straight stretch on the old madras road. To be honest the vehicle wobbled slightly and i sensed it will be difficult to control the vehicle in case of sudden braking. Immediately I brought down the speed to manageable limits

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st June 2015 at 15:07. Reason: Removed high speed related aspects.
Old 21st June 2015, 00:52   #18013
Team-BHP Support

Note: I would suggest lets keep the discussions to the topic. Technical aspects of speed control and governance is a good subject. But lets discuss that separately in the technical section.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 07:16   #18014
BHPian

Last evening, on Reddy College Rd, narayanguda, Hyderabad, I witnessed an accident while driving back home. Not an accident if compared in sheer scale but since there was a loss of property, one might call it an accident as well.

While I watched it live happening, the snaps were taken post the incident but any one can get a fairly rough idea of what happened.

Getting into the details, at a signaled junction, while my side was on Red, there was this Sunny who was before me [ both were on the LHS of the Median strip, at the edge] and suddenly something gets into the mind of Sunny, as if it could not waste single more minute and others were just jobless buggers waiting sheepishly maintaining lane discipline, it squeezed right past the vehicle ahead, crossed the median to its RHS and zoomed its way to the upfront. While it was doing this crazy stunt, one Swift emulated: uncontrol the move of the Sunny too and cut right [ the swift was also on the LHS of the median, at the edge]

While the Caaaar was overtaking the Swift, the Swift driver, who was probably blind enough [ as Sunny's rear half was coinciding wit the Swift's Driver position] , cut right and BANG...

THe Swift's RH Front Wheel, which was turned towards the right side stuck into the Sunny's rear bumper. Without realizing it, the Sunny moved ahead causing the whole Bumper to fall off. The owner of the Sunny[ I guess it was being driven by a Chauffeur got out to estimate the loss while the signal turned green and guess what, the sunny was blocking the incoming traffic, the Swift was blocking our side and there's Chaos.

It seemed both the fools started to argue with least respect to the civic sense [ oh No! I must be a fool to expect such things from these fellows] blocking the traffic. And luckily, there comes cops who noted down both the numbers and forced them to move to one side of the road.

Disclaimer : The pics were taken when the whole traffic was absolutely motionless.

The first pic is Swift and one could see how it was veering towards the RHS.

The second pic is the sunny CAAAR in my RVM

And post the incident, we could still see our dear brethren on Bikes and Autos on the other side of the median with little lane discipline trying to follow "the DIVINE PATH of "Sunny !
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bhp.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-11650705_10205724883455233_726680725_n.jpg  

Last edited by poised2drive : 21st June 2015 at 07:18.
poised2drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2015, 20:54   #18015
BHPian

Took this photo on the Walayar stretch towards Coimbatore today (21st June). Couldn't understand how this has happened as the roads are bad in this stretch. Someone touching 60kmph is a difficult task. No details about casualties.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434900084.213866.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-imageuploadedbyteambhp1434900127.099373.jpg

Also saw a TATA Aria on the L&T bypass which has gone to the opposite side and front was heavily damaged. Could not take pictures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks