Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2015, 13:35   #18796
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Quick reaction of Alto driver saved the biker.
Quick reaction or over reaction? IMHO Alto driver was not paying full attention and reacted more than he should have as there seemed to be space to avoid. Thank god everybody is safe and yes biker was stupid.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th October 2015 at 14:15. Reason: Removing video from the quoted post.
sudev is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 13:42   #18797
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Caught this on my dash cam while traveling from Mandi to Delhi. A biker overtaking a truck on blind curve forces the Alto driver to ditch the car.
And the biker just rode off to continue his life of irresponsible and dangerous driving?
Old 5th October 2015, 14:12   #18798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Quick reaction or over reaction? IMHO Alto driver was not paying full attention and reacted more than he should have as there seemed to be space to avoid. Thank god everybody is safe and yes biker was stupid.
If you look closely, the Alto's driver panicked, braked and tried to correct steering but the locked front wheels did not help. I am sure ABS would have helped here and the Alto would have corrected its course in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
And the biker just rode off to continue his life of irresponsible and dangerous driving?
Yes. Also if you look, the biker was not surprised to see the Alto. I think that the biker was aware of Alto and still decided to take the risk very confidently!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th October 2015 at 14:41. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote feature (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts.
Old 5th October 2015, 14:35   #18799
BHPian

Now, we have the crash video of Ducati Hyperstrada accident near Lavasa (Pune). The big bike slipped on a cement strip on which the rider landed after crossing a speed-breaker. Thankfully, the rider survived with just a few injuries.

The crash video:

And the result:
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-850636611_60236.jpg  

Last edited by Gotham_City : 5th October 2015 at 14:43.
Gotham_City is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 14:55   #18800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham_City View Post
Now, we have the crash video of Ducati Hyperstrada accident near Lavasa (Pune). The big bike slipped on a cement strip on which the rider landed after crossing a speed-breaker. Thankfully, the rider survived with just a few injuries.
And the result:

This is indeed a clear case of rash riding.The rider had endangered the life of those villagers.He should be thanking his lucky starts for coming out of this alive.
rakesh_r is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 15:00   #18801
BHPian

Quote:
Now, we have the crash video of Ducati Hyperstrada ... few injuries.

The crash video:

And the result:
Gosh!
That looks really fast!
And with that kinda road which looks like a normal village road (and hence a speed-breaker) and not an expressway to ride fast like that I am thankful he didn't crash into pedestrians or animals!

Hope he learnt a lesson.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 15:17   #18802
BHPian

A perfect example of how you should not take things for granted. Those roads are not meant for these kind of speeds. I shudder to think what if it was a kid crossing that road or some animal(A very common scene on that road). Accidents like these give all riders a bad name.
Engine_Roars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 16:39   #18803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
A perfect example of how you should not take things for granted. Those roads are not meant for these kind of speeds. I shudder to think what if it was a kid crossing that road or some animal(A very common scene on that road). Accidents like these give all riders a bad name.
Quote:
This reconfirms my beliefs. No public roads in India are capable of driving at high speeds. The biker will definitely find it very difficult to keep to legal speeds since he has a powerful bike, but this is what it leads to. If you want to enjoy your bike please take it to a track, or a bunch of people can lease a private airstrip for a couple of hours.

Seriously, all these crashes are inevitable. I've kept on noticing how these superbike owners boast about speeds on YouTube. It's just a matter of when rather if!
blackwasp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 16:45   #18804
Senior - BHPian

That is what happens if you have a powerful bike and watch many Isle of Man TT videos!

Thank god that he is safe!
Latheesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 16:59   #18805
Senior - BHPian

Roads like the one in the Hyperstrada video are a rider's delight. Single lane, elevation changes and curves.
But, is the most dangerous type of roads to do high speeds on.

There is always the threat of animals, villagers, potholes, speedbreakers or even a blockade for which there will be no signs of.
The rider in the video was totally careless doing that speed on a road like that. Having said that, it looks like he spotted the speedbreaker and tried slowing down, but not enough. One can see his right wrist blipping , probably downshifting and also pressing the brake lever.
Probably he thought he could fly over it and the bike would remain stable.

Last edited by tharian : 5th October 2015 at 17:02.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 17:19   #18806
Senior - BHPian

Key to riding bike - never ever lose control. If you lose control, then you will be asking 'Where am I', moments later. A car is more forgiving than a bike. The confidence of the biker is boosted by the power of the bike, sometimes pulls the biker into the territory of over confidence.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 17:55   #18807
BHPian

Simply appalled to see this video. What was he even thinking? Or was it his first outing on a superbike?

Although he's alive and that's really good to know, I'm sure his antics and this video shall serve as a 'Lesson Number 1' for all current and prospective riders. Even my worst side wouldn't think of riding like this - that too on a village road where goats/kids darting across, cowdung (that have huge potential to make you eat dust) and unmarked speed breakers are OBVIOUS.

Congratulations to him, though.
One - for having his planets at the right position at the time of this happening.
Two - For being uncannily a part of every advice/superbike-squid story I would perhaps share with fellow riders.

Hope he thinks twice before doing such speeds on a public road again and giving a bad name to every passionate motorcyclist around.

Last edited by barcalad : 5th October 2015 at 17:56.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 18:20   #18808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
I agree, alto guy overreacted. Having said that, had he not done that and even a slight nudge on the two wheeler handle bar ( even from ORVM ) would have landed both two wheeler guys under the truck.

By the looks of it, I don't think that bike rider will ever stop overtaking in the blind curve. He might even brag about it at home that he escaped an alto with his sheer brilliance.
Old 5th October 2015, 18:59   #18809
BHPian

Quote:
Quick reaction of Alto driver saved the biker.
https://Youtu.be/-8s-36VShaQ
Strangely, I find the alto driver to be at fault too.

Right from the start of the video he is driving like those rash drivers I run into to and from popular weekend destinations every weekend. No offence but strangely enough I find that the cars which annoy me most (following me on high beam consistently, trying to overtake all the time, whether there is any space to overtake or not, and regardless of if there is any room between me and the 10 cars driving ahead, etc etc etc), 9 out of 10 times turn out to be either a WagonR or an Alto (Maruti 800s are even worse) or a Swift. Again no offense, no intention of starting a flame war.

At 0:05 the alto starts what looks to me like an unsafe overtaking maneouvre, notice how he almost hits the dip on the other side of the road a second later. At 0:15 the Alto again takes a really fast blind left turn, almost ending up on the other side of the road at 0:17.

@Purohitanuj - Did you happen to notice how fast the Alto driver was doing on these twisty turny sections?

Dashcams are amazing tools, I really should get one

Last edited by harryputtar : 5th October 2015 at 19:08. Reason: Adding tag to poster.
harryputtar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 19:15   #18810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This reconfirms my beliefs. No public roads in India are capable of driving at high speeds.

Its not about capability. Even if its capable you are illegal to ride at high speed. Speed limit is there for a reason.

In this case of that Ducati, he is just nuts to ride it at that speed. I think he may have converted the video to speed slightly faster. Even otherwise he is plain stupid to put others lives in danger.

Quote:
Alto

Are you kidding me. The alto did not save the bike. The alto ended in the ditch for the speed he was doing. Look at the number of times he is going to the other side of the road with no control. Again, the only cheap thrill with an Alto is to compete with an Auto in Chennai city while squeezing space and scraping the auto and still making the auto furious than worrying about your car.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th October 2015 at 21:27. Reason: sity > city, furios>furious.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks