Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2016, 13:52   #20041
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind_555 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The highway is not perfectly flat. If a biker is not careful, he/she may end up losing control.
Tragic news for the biking community in Blore. He was an experienced rider, some of my riding group mates have been riding with him for many years now. Unfortunately he was alone this time and even though some from my group passed the spot, they never thought the crowd that was gathered there was because of him. No one knows the exact cause right now - all we know was that no other vehicle was involved and this was a straight stretch with no corners either. Only left with theories now.

As an aftermath, all the major highways around Bangalore will be heavily policed for superbikers for the next few weeks, especially on Sundays. If you ride regularly on Sundays, best to avoid for sometime since you will risk harassment from police.
Old 14th March 2016, 18:58   #20042
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Why arrest the passenger as well? A case of bad-reporting or is it because the co passenger egged the driver on to speed?
Could be because the co-passenger played along when the driver was speeding, instead of asking him to be within the limits. Kind of like being an accessory to a crime / not helping prevent a crime.

I believe the cops were discussing the same during the Reliance Legal head's Q3 accident on the Eastern Freeway in Mumbai.
Old 15th March 2016, 11:14   #20043
BHPian

Six persons, including five medicos killed in road accident
Condition of four other students critical; Rash and negligent driving caused mishap, says students; Victims are natives of Telangana State
Details:

Five medical students of Osmania Medical College (OMC), Hyderabad, and the bus driver were killed on the spot in a road accident near Vijayawada on Monday midnight.

The mishap occurred in the midnight when the private bus carrying 46 students hit a roadside tree and overturned at a high speed near Surampalem village on Vijayawada outskirts. The locals helped the students in shifting the victims to the nearby private hospital.

The deceased have been identified as – G. Lakshman of Tandur; Pranay, a native of Saroornagar, Hyderabad; Uday of Karimnagar district; M. Vijay Teja, native of Qutubullapur; and Vijay Krishna of Ranga Reddy district of Telangana. The details of the bus driver, who was killed in the accident, was not yet known.

Twenty other students suffered injuries and were admitted to a private hospital at Gollapudi and in Government General Hospital (GGH). The condition of four students, including Srujith and Rajesh, who suffered seriousinjuries is stated to be critical.

According to the students, the first year medical students of OMC, were returning after attending a sports meet at Amalapuram town in East Godavari district. They engaged Dhanunjaya Travels bus for the tour.

Students alleged that the bus driver was in drunk and they had argued with the travels management to change the driver. However, the management did not consider the request which caused the ghastly mishap, they claimed.

On knowing about the accident, officials of OMC, parents and from other departments rushed to Vijayawada. About ten students are undergoing treatment in Intensive Care Unit (ICU), said the Vijayawada City Police.

Home Minister Nimmakayala Chinarajappa and Health Minister Kamineni Srinivas on Tuesday inquired about the incident and directed the hospital authorities to provide better treatment.

Two students given ventilator support

Senior pulmonologist M. Ravindranath of Andhra Hospital in Bhavanipuram, who attended on the victims, said the condition of Rajesh is very serious and the condition of another student Sujit who is also on ventilator is better. "He will pull through," he said.

The condition of seven students under going treatment in the intensive care ward is said to be stable. One student has a collar bone frature, another has a knee cap fracture and yet another has multiple cuts on the face," Dr, Ravindranth said.

Six students who have received minor injuries are in a state of shock are being treated in the general ward. Three students who suffered minor cuts were treated out-patient and discharged.
Source:http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...?homepage=true
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-onbv.jpg  

Old 15th March 2016, 11:27   #20044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post

Apparently, some drivers have overconfidence that just because they have couple of extra safety features in their car, they are immune to accident/injury

One key thing here is that manufacturers can not design safety to accommodate stupidity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
To be fair, I am yet to meet or hear from a driver who drives badly thinking even if he had an accident his acronyms will keep him safe.
Every bad driver drives badly because he believes he can't crash as he was an the Stig's lost cousin.
Period.
Agree with Mayank here, no one is crazy enough to think nothing will happen to them if there car is super safe. They just think, nothing won't happen because they will control the car at whatever speed and whoever drunk someone maybe. I have a car with ABS + Airbags, but there won't ever be a second where I think, I can take the liberty of being stupid on the road. Just boils down to the thought process and discipline.
Old 15th March 2016, 11:35   #20045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
Six persons, including five medicos killed in road accident

Students alleged that the bus driver was in drunk and they had argued with the travels management to change the driver. However, the management did not consider the request which caused the ghastly mishap, they claimed.
Once again due to the drunken driving, 5 young lives have been lost

RIP, the deceased - don't know when this menace of drunken driving is going to stop.

There are no reports on the action taken against the private transport management - it's high time that the management of the private transport buses, whose drivers are involved in drunken driving, being held responsible for the accident and punished accordingly.
Old 15th March 2016, 16:09   #20046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Tragic news for the biking community in Blore. He was an experienced rider, some of my riding group mates have been riding with him for many years now. Unfortunately he was alone this time and even though some from my group passed the spot, they never thought the crowd that was gathered there was because of him. No one knows the exact cause right now - all we know was that no other vehicle was involved and this was a straight stretch with no corners either. Only left with theories now.

As an aftermath, all the major highways around Bangalore will be heavily policed for superbikers for the next few weeks, especially on Sundays. If you ride regularly on Sundays, best to avoid for sometime since you will risk harassment from police.
I knew this person. He had bought a Yam R3 recently but looks like he was riding his FZ1 when this happened. He also never goes out without his riding gear, but thats not enough at those insane speeds. A very experienced and passionate rider for sure. Any other details on what may have caused the crash? The news say he hit a milestone after he lost control of this bike. Any other information will be helpful guys. My heart goes out to the family.
Old 15th March 2016, 16:11   #20047
BHPian

Eight dead, 27 injured in bus-lorry collision
Four of the victims, including two children, died on the spot

Eight persons died and 27 passengers were injured when a bus they were travelling in collided head-on with a lorry on the Pollachi to Palladam road on Monday afternoon. Four of them, including two children, died on the spot.

According to the police, the government bus with 43 passengers was headed to Pollachi from Tirupur, when a lorry came in the opposite direction. The vehicles had a head-on collision.

Police sources quoted passengers as saying that borewell drilling was under way close to the accident site and to avoid it the bus driver turned the vehicle to the right side of the road, resulting in the accident. This was yet to be confirmed, they said.

Six of the deceased were identified as passengers K. Sangeetha (24) of Chettipudur near Negamam, C. Dharanesh (5) and his sister Nisha (1) of Anamalai near Pollachi, S. Sumangala (28) of Nattukkal in Palakkad, Kerala and S. Arunkumar (30) of Thaavapalayam in Karur and lorry driver M. Madhu (49) of Mettur Dam, in Salem.

The injured passengers were admitted to Coimbatore Medical College Hospital and Pollachi Government Hospital and a few other private hospitals. Bus passenger S. Baskaran (28) of Chettipudur in Negamam on whose complaint the case was registered said he was lucky to escape with minor injuries.

The Negamam police registered a case against the lorry driver Madhu under sections 304(A) (causing death due to negligence), 279 (rash driving or driving on a public way), 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) and 338 (causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of the Indian Penal Code.

The bus driver was admitted to a private hospital. Collector Archana Patnaik and Superintendent of Police for Coimbatore District R.V. Ramya Bharathi met patients and relatives of the victims at the Pollachi Government Hospital.

Staff Reporter from

Tirupur writes:

Nineteen passengers of a State-owned public transport bus sustained injuries when the vehicle rammed into a lorry parked at Panapalayam near Tirupur on Monday.

The bus was plying between Thondi in Ramanathapuram District to Coimbatore. The injured persons were referred to various hospitals. Palladam Police were investigating the cause of the accident.

A passenger said borewell drilling close to accident site forced the bus driver to turn right
Src:http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...ece?ref=tpnews
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-14marcbmka4_eig_th_2774972f.jpg  

Old 16th March 2016, 00:52   #20048
BHPian

Just saw the news that a SUV (I think it is a Tata Safari) has killed 3 people and injured four in Gandhidham and it was driven by a 25 year old son of a Dubai based businessman.

I think the driver lost control of the vehicle when overspeeding on a highway.

source: http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...n-bizmans.html
Old 16th March 2016, 18:14   #20049
BHPian

Biker crashes into my car!

Bad news guys. My I20, “Eddie” got into a crash with a bike on Saturday (12th march) . I was driving on ridge road in Delhi minding the speed limit of 50 km/h. The red light that goes straight to Dhaula Kuan & on the right to Inderpuri & Narayana was green for going straight, & red for right, with a few cars waiting to take the right turn. Slowed down when I was approaching the red light, and a bike with 2 people zooms in from the opposite side. I saw them at the last minute as my line of sight was broken by the cars and within a second one guy was on my bonnet, the bike under my car & one guy was flung in front of the car. I was still able to brake somehow to avoid any further injuries or incidences, and both of them were almost unhurt. Touchwood!

I got down immediately, helped both of them on to the side, picked up their bike and pushed it to a side, gave them water and checked for external injuries. Then the usual happened, crowd gathers, starts blaming me, and would not listen to the fact that it was not my mistake! 2 army gentlemen who saw the whole thing rushed to my defense and cleared the air. Was able to leave the scene without any problems after taking their leave. India seriously needs to educate themselves with the basic road rules at-least!

I’m really sad as this is my first crash in a fuss free and happy ownership period of 3.5 years. Should I go for insurance or get it fixed independently?

Attaching some pictures below:
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160306wa0001.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160306wa0000.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160306wa0002.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160306wa0003.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160306wa0004.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160306wa0005.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160306wa0006.jpg  

akp666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 19:43   #20050
BHPian

The car looks bad. I see at least 2 panels that require some work if not 3. Also did you check the light housing. Hope that's okey.
Switch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 19:44   #20051
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp666 View Post
Bad news guys. ------snip---- below:
Claim, I'd say. Headlight mounts seem to be broken, bumpers got a hole, and mounts gone too, bonnet is displaced(maybe), wing needs to be beaten back, probably painted.

Ps:don't be distraught. Count yourself extremely lucky for those army gents to be there. It would have been a whole pail of other stuff, otherwise.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 21:20   #20052
Senior - BHPian

Re: Biker crashes into my car!

Quote:
... The red light that goes straight to Dhaula Kuan & on the right to Inderpuri & Narayana was green for going straight, & red for right, with a few cars waiting to take the right turn. ........
I'm lost. I am familiar with this route but I cannot understand where this crossing is! Both Inderpuri and Naraina come much AFTER Dhaula Kuan, to the right, if approaching from AIIMS/Safdarjung on the Ring Road.
anupmathur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 21:56   #20053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
Once again due to the drunken driving, 5 young lives have been lost

RIP, the deceased - don't know when this menace of drunken driving is going to stop.

There are no reports on the action taken against the private transport management - it's high time that the management of the private transport buses, whose drivers are involved in drunken driving, being held responsible for the accident and punished accordingly.
No on this but the company running the bus services should be banned for at least 5 years after such an acident. This would force them to take safety more seriously.
Old 16th March 2016, 23:56   #20054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
The car looks bad. I see at least 2 panels that require some work if not 3. Also did you check the light housing. Hope that's okey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Claim, I'd say. Headlight mounts seem to be broken, bumpers got a hole, and mounts gone too, bonnet is displaced(maybe), wing needs to be beaten back, probably painted.
Bonnet dented, fender dented, bumper broken in 3 places (needs to be replaced i guess), and headlight mounts gone (knowing hyundai, headlights will be replaced as well). Spoke to the independent garage owner I know, says insurance will cover only 50% as a lot of plastic is involved & headlight to be replaced. Estimate @ INR 10000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I'm lost. I am familiar with this route but I cannot understand where this crossing is! Both Inderpuri and Naraina come much AFTER Dhaula Kuan, to the right, if approaching from AIIMS/Safdarjung on the Ring Road.
This is the T junction which goes to the Pusa roundabout when one is traveling from Karol Bagh to Dhaula kuan from ridge road. Apologies, should have mentioned Pusa instead of Inderpuri. Put these co-ordinates in google maps, it will show the exact area. "28.623864, 77.180585"
akp666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 06:25   #20055
Senior - BHPian

Re: Biker crashes into my car!

Quote:
Bad news guys. My I20, “Eddie” got into a crash with a bike on Saturday (12th march)
Sorry to hear about the the first accident with your car, should be prudent to claim insurance since a lot of parts would need replacement and the repair costs outside would be well over your NCB savings unless it is at 40-50%.

I may be wrong but i noticed in the photos that your front tyres are heavily worn out, they seem to be well below the legal road limit. If they are worn out, please get them changed as bald tyres would be unable to make your car stop in an emergency, 4 new tyres would cost you under 20k but the damage it can cause would run into lakhs.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks