Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2016, 10:17   #20146
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Not sure what impact this accident may do...
I suspect... nothing. As long as companies outsource transportation to the Sais and Infants of the world, this will continue. For anything to change, companies have to start thinking about the transportation service as a cost of doing business and instead, as a critical input in achieving their own business goals. That requires compassionate individuals at the top driving the thought all the way down their hierarchy.
binand is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 10:21   #20147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Yesterday Evening, While returning home, there was a massive jam on the NECE road. it was caused by a major accident.
A Tata Starbus had hit a truck and the left portion till its steps was completely damaged.
I was in our company cab. We saw lot of blood all over the road
Seeing the vehicle, it was clear for us that anyone sitting on the single seat beside the driver couldn't have escaped.
But all our colleagues and I were hoping that nobody was sitting there and it was only injuries.

But sadly it was not the case to be. A report in today's TOI confirmed our fear. May the young soul Rest in peace
Attached is a photo that a colleague of mine took from his mobile phone. and the link to the news report.

I passed this spot around 6PM and there were lot of people gathered. So the accident definitely occurred well before 6. The impact was such that the windshield of the mini bus was lying 30 feet ahead of the bus almost intact. The case was clearly tailgating and overtaking gone wrong. The driver seemed to be tailgating on the right lane and swerved to the left lane to overtake only to be greeted by a slow moving truck. Could not brake on time and WHAM!

Sad to see a poor person lost her life because of the negligent of the driver. The NICE road has become a NFS circuit for bus drivers especially for the Infosys,Siemens,Wipro,Yokogawa etc outsourced buses to BMNTC,SRS,Megha,Vinayaka etc travels. These guys drive as if they own the road. Rarely have i seen these buses driven sedately and most of the time time these buses are clocking 100 kmph which is way above the handling and braking capacity of these buses.

The drivers take this as an opportunity to race with their fellow buses and cabs and later boast about who completed the NICE road stretch the fastest. .Unless the companies ensure strict implementation of Speed governors on their respective outsourced buses, such things will continue in future too

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 31st March 2016 at 10:23.
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 10:38   #20148
BHPian

Quote:
This is easier said than done sir. Trust me, I've attempted it and given up. In the end you end up being a fool.
The drivers just don't give a damn to what you say.
I am sure when you meant drivers, it includes us too. Nobody is perfect!
As all in vain when trying to educate my own friends, relatives and fellow colleagues and apartment residents.

1) It frustrates me to note that folks do not turn on their headlamps when in covered parking (basement or MLP), instead they honk. They don't realize it is a cacophony. My friends ridicule my attempt to enlighten them.
2) Folks do not turn on headlamps until it is really really dark, is it not common sense to realize that when one cannot see the vehicles clearly on their rear-view mirror, it is about time to turn on the headlamps? It hurts their ego even when politely advise them to do so.
3) Folks talking on the phone. Wonder what sort of people on the other side of the line are, can't they just advise to hang-up or pullover?
4) Jumping kangaroos - Mothers with kids in their scooter jumping signals. What are we teaching the younglings?

Check the Bad Drivers page, and how many with tbhp stickers care less for the traffic.

Well you are right - "And finally our ever casual attitude towards traffic rules"

God save us.
sgmitr13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 15:13   #20149
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday Evening, While returning home, there was a massive jam on the NECE road. it was caused by a major accident.
A Tata Starbus had hit a truck and the left portion till its steps was completely damaged.
I was in our company cab. We saw lot of blood all over the road
Seeing the vehicle, it was clear for us that anyone sitting on the single seat beside the driver couldn't have escaped.
But all our colleagues and I were hoping that nobody was sitting there and it was only injuries.
I saw this mini-bus parked in the electronic city traffic police station in the road opposite Lemon tree hotel. I guess that's a BDA complex and I went there to enquire for a day-care for my baby and saw that a few people were inspecting this mini bus. Oh, but I didn't know that it had a fatal accident as I couldn't spot any blood when I glanced. But I did notice that the front left seat was totally damaged and twisted. Sad :(
Old 31st March 2016, 15:33   #20150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Fiat Avventura fell off a bridge, 15 feet down into

The person who drove is a family friend and is back to work
Fiat avventura - my salute to you !
BaluJ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 17:02   #20151
Distinguished - BHPian

A good opportunity for a outspoken person like Ms. Kiran Mazumdar Shaw to really do something that can change the way company-provided transporters operate.

Instead of just mouthing platitudes like the rest of the top honchos, let her ensure that all Biocon buses are operated to much higher levels of safety and care than others. Or do profits come in the way?
Old 31st March 2016, 20:42   #20152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
A good opportunity for a outspoken person like Ms. Kiran Mazumdar Shaw to really do something that can change the way company-provided transporters operate.
When some corner of the country is faced with a natural calamity, Biocon take a forced donation from every employee. I don't like this. I guess this gets her brownie points from the government. However; for this particular case, I hope that a donation is offered to the victim's family.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 31st March 2016 at 20:44.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2016, 10:15   #20153
Senior - BHPian

I take the NICE road to work and back on a daily basis and it's an everyday thing to see these company buses race each other even on the extreme left lane which is meant for two wheeler's. I wonder what's the rush?

In fact, I returned to Blore from Chennai on 30th evening but didn't see this accident as I passed by at around 4.30pm. Must have happened a little later. May the young lady rest in peace and the injured recovery quickly and completely.
Old 1st April 2016, 11:44   #20154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I take the NICE road to work and back on a daily basis and it's an everyday thing to see these company buses race each other even on the extreme left lane which is meant for two wheeler's. I wonder what's the rush?
I don't remember seeing any bulletins that road shoulder on NICE road is meant for 2w.

Are we assuming? Even if it is so, it is hazardous for both a breakdown vechicle and for the 2w. Authorities may have put that board to avoid legal settlements, as now they are not bound to enforce "road shoulder use".
Old 2nd April 2016, 09:40   #20155
Senior - BHPian

Just came across this picture of an accident in Pune ( details below the pic.) The vehicle on the right is a Kwid and look at the way the body has flexed. The roof has bent which I think is concerning. Did anyone happen to actually see this and has more details?
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1459569937454.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2016, 18:18   #20156
Senior - BHPian

Got this as a Whatsapp forward. Any details regarding this accident are not known. Neatly parked.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160330wa0005.jpg
unk9ja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 18:51   #20157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
Neatly parked.

Attachment 1493291
I must say. Really neat parking! In these days of ever lessening parking space, people are adopting ninja parking techniques, I believe
pixantz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 19:10   #20158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Neatly parked.

Attachment 1493291
Look at the decorations on the car!!! Looks like some one was in a hurry to reach a wedding
arjithin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 19:24   #20159
BHPian

Quote:
Got this as a Whatsapp forward. Any details regarding this accident are not known. Neatly parked.

Attachment 1493291
The car seems in good condition though
None of the windows broken and no other big dents, other than the two bumpers and the broken radiator.
The most creative parking job i've ever seen.
Old 2nd April 2016, 19:40   #20160
Senior - BHPian

There was an accident that happened this afternoon on ring road between KR Puram and Hebbal.

I got to know through member Sandeeomohan since he mentioned a major traffic pile up and when checked Googlemaps, both the sides were dark red for almost couple of kms on either side of a sharp curve which is an accident spot. The same curve had a tanker jump two dividers and land on the service road in the opposite side few months ago.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3825288

I headed out since I was free and saw a car carrier lying on its side on the opposite lane. There were couple of two wheelers below it but from what I heard, they escaped. It had also rammed into a gas tanker which was headed on the opposite lane , these trucks have just one driver and he escaped as well.
The traffic was affected quite bad and the whole area had jams. From the looks of it, the trailer seemed have to fishtailed and pulled the truck along and jumped the divider and ended up on its side.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20160402_161927.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20160402_162535.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20160402_164013.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20160402_164704.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20160402_164715.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20160402_164959.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20160402_165741.jpg  

Last edited by tharian : 2nd April 2016 at 19:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks