Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:09   #20386
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
Let them die. Natural selection.
Any unnatural or untimely death brings in untold miseries to many people - family and friends of the deceased, those involved in the accident etc. Even the individual who you want to be naturally selected to die often has family and children with aspirations.

Intentionally willing death of another human being is not a nice value to have, in my opinion - whatever their faults are.
binand is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 16:17   #20387
Senior - BHPian

Saw this wreck parked outside the Whitefield Honda body shop. Went there to collect my car from service. Sent a few chills down my spine when I saw it first. Absolutely mangled. I pray that the occupants were ok.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_8739.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_8740.jpg  

Old 22nd April 2016, 16:25   #20388
BHPian

Though technically a single vehicle incident- this was very puzzling on a brand new BMW.
Any ideas?

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bmw1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bmw2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bmw3.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bmw4.jpg
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 17:19   #20389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
Though technically a single vehicle incident- this was very puzzling on a brand new BMW.
Any ideas?
Are you sure there was no underbody hit? There is a awful lot of stuff broken down there.
Old 22nd April 2016, 17:24   #20390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Any unnatural or untimely death brings in untold miseries to many people - family and friends of the deceased, those involved in the accident etc. Even the individual who you want to be naturally selected to die often has family and children with aspirations.

Intentionally willing death of another human being is not a nice value to have, in my opinion - whatever their faults are.
Aren't such people bringing disaster onto themselves. If they cared about their families and loved ones, wont they take the necessary precautions? And the argument that most people are not aware about safety, I don't agree. They just don't care. Riding without a helmet or a seatbelt and not being caught is kind of an achievement. I've even noticed that taking more safety precautions gets you the label of being a... a synonym for a baby cat . Many of my friends have stopped wearing helmets thanks to being referred to that particular synonym. I've had people openly point at me and laugh as I wear elbow and knee pads, even in sweltering heat. What can one do for these people other than to sigh at the workload evolution has at hand, as H_Dogg72 said.
GeneralJazz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 17:27   #20391
Team-BHP Support

Gosh, when will people learn to wear seatbelts

This story was shared by Pradeep Kushwaha on our Facebook page

This guy in Wagon R over took me and a couple of other vehicles in front and behind on the way to Gudalur from Ooty.

That stretch is having a number of hair pin bends and I wondered what will happen if an oncoming vehicles suddenly appear in front of him.

A few minutes later this is what we saw. Feel bad about the people in Swift. Also note the head impact on the wind shield on the passenger side of swift. 27th March 2016.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-13055147_834738819971058_4479097528676647429_o.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
Whoa! That's surprising indeed.

Do get the underbody thoroughly examined by someone who knows what to look for - as there is a LOT you can tell just by dents, marks and the way the pieces have broken.

Reminds me of this thread.
Rehaan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 18:14   #20392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
Aren't such people bringing disaster onto themselves. If they cared about their families and loved ones, wont they take the necessary precautions?
It shouldn't matter. Your value system should not be a function of who you happening to be interacting at the moment. And if your value system cannot fathom the pain of losing a son, husband, brother - I was saying it is not a nice existence to lead.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 18:36   #20393
Senior - BHPian

I'd just say that it would be a value system I could not ever adopt and leave it at that.
Sawyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 19:19   #20394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
Its really surprising to get such comments even from very sensible, usually purist, law-abiding citizens.
To add to it, these comments are from highly educated people who are in very responsible positions.

If that is not enough, one guy who had head injury due to not wearing seat belt last year, is saying it now
FORTified is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 09:28   #20395
BHPian

Quote:
It shouldn't matter. Your value system should not be a function of who you happening to be interacting at the moment. And if your value system cannot fathom the pain of losing a son, husband, brother - I was saying it is not a nice existence to lead.
You seem to have mis-read my comment, misunderstood it, or just took it the way you wanted it to be. Let me clear it up. No one is intentionally willing anyone else dead. What would you do if you see a helmetless kid driving recklessly in traffic? Would you do a facepalm or would you chase him down to advice him? Going by your logic, anyone who does not do the latter has a bad 'value system'.

I know exactly how it feels to lose a friend/family to accidents. Perhaps they might have lived if they took more precautions. And that exactly is my point. You can only advice them so much. The rest is up to them.
GeneralJazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 09:46   #20396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... What would you do if you see a helmetless kid driving recklessly in traffic? Would you do a facepalm or would you chase him down to advice him? Going by your logic, anyone who does not do the latter has a bad 'value system'.
Bad value system; so be it for me!
You talk about a helmetless kid riding recklessly in traffic.
Are you seriously advising that I should join him and drive recklessly and chase him just to be able to talk some sense into him?!
anupmathur is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 10:00   #20397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You seem to have mis-read my comment, misunderstood it, or just took it the way you wanted it to be.

No one is intentionally willing anyone else dead.
I had quoted your post in order to elaborate a bit, but both my posts were in response to the original comment, "Let them die. Natural selection." - which most definitely was willing someone else dead.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 12:07   #20398
BHPian

A couple of nice videos on road safety, I think these should be mandatorily played at public places eg. when signal is red, at stadiums between matches, between movies, etc, what say? (Not sure how to add video directly on tbhp, allows me to add pics not videos, so sending YouTube link). I quite like the first one, '2 second glance'

Old 23rd April 2016, 13:26   #20399
Senior - BHPian

A few days back while going home from work At 2 am or so I saw an accident at a junction. Neither person obeyed the flashing orange signals at the junction. Makes me wonder whether we should have signals 24/7 and whether people would follow it even if we did
Old 23rd April 2016, 13:34   #20400
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... ... ... "Let them die. Natural selection." - which most definitely was willing someone else dead.
Guys... Perhaps it's a good idea not to take this so seriously. It's a natural reaction: many of us may have thought it. I have actually said to a couple of bikers, "I don't care if you die, but why don't you think of your family: they will care very much."

Nobody really wants anybody else dead.

Anyway, fact is that it doesn't work. India's road-death rate is huge, but those left don't improve.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks