Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2016, 19:49   #20641
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
See the stupidity of this guy. Overtaking from wrong side and that too in a turn where vehicles take up more road space.
My guess would be that this a scene of road-rage:

The truck driver probably cut him off (maybe unintentionally owing to the sheer size of the vehicle). The alto guy in a fit of rage probably chases him down and wants to overtake him to stop him and give him a verbal beating (probably?) - who in his rage does not see the oncoming truck and **** happens.
Old 27th May 2016, 20:02   #20642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Another unfortunate incident involving yours truly(Looks like I'm quite the favorite for these things recently).
Hello, I can totally understand what you must be feeling right now, Just a couple of weeks back my jetta was dented in a very very similar way like your's, Mine was dented when it was parked in a mall, Anyways the VW guys pulled off the job well and it costed me 10k including painting the boot, VW had issues in matching the paint of my car which is tempest metallic blue, Just a heads-up if your planning to take it to the service centre, It might cost you around 10k as well.

Like i said earlier, I had almost the same dent as your's infact a little more bigger, Don't worry, Things like this happen.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 20:40   #20643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
And even if it was just the first truck, he would have gone over the divider on the other side and toppled. He didn't slow down at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
So many mistakes in such a small footage
1. Truck and Alto trying take a right turn without looking out for the vehicles coming from the opposite direction.
It is only the Alto taking a right turn after overtaking the truck from the left. As the video is in HD I tried seeing a full blow up of the video in slow motion. If you see closely the RHS rear wheels of the truck hit the divider, and the rear wheels get dragged. What probably happened is that the Alto hitting the LHS of the truck right on the LH corner and LH front wheel practically twisted the steering out of the drivers hand. The driver had no intention of turning right, nor did he do it to save the Alto, but was caught by surprise and the steering twisted out of his hand.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 20:58   #20644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..... I'm worried about my repair bills, especially because I'm running a bit tight on funds right now. ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
.... was dented in a very very similar way ... and it costed me 10k including painting the boot, VW had issues in matching the paint
You could consider holding on to the repair job for a while if you have plans to visit Bangalore in the near future. You can get it done at "Trend Auto" on Hosur Road, they would do it at a fraction of the cost and paint matching would be almost close (a repaint can never ever match the original) to the OEM shade.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 27th May 2016 at 21:01.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 21:25   #20645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... at the same spot as the alto accident...
The last collision in the video, the person in the car goes flying out of the windscreen onto the road after the car hit the side rear of the lorry. Clearly showing the peril of not wearing a seat belt.
(Note to Mods: Please append this post to my previous post)

Last edited by for_cars1 : 27th May 2016 at 21:34.
Old 28th May 2016, 10:30   #20646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
You did the right thing mate, there is not point in arguing and fighting, we need more people like you on the road. Whatever has happened can not be reversed. I can understand the pain of looking at your ride in this condition . I am sure it will be back to showroom condition after repairs
Thank you for the kind words mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
on a lighter note, hope the i10 doesn't continue using your number
Haha! That would be quite a predicament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Hello, I can totally understand what you must be feeling right now, Just a couple of weeks back my jetta was dented in a very very similar way like your's, Mine was dented when it was parked in a mall, Anyways the VW guys pulled off the job well and it costed me 10k including painting the boot, VW had issues in matching the paint of my car which is tempest metallic blue, Just a heads-up if your planning to take it to the service centre, It might cost you around 10k as well.

Like i said earlier, I had almost the same dent as your's infact a little more bigger, Don't worry, Things like this happen.
Thanks for the heads up Tanveer. I used to follow your thread on the XUV with a voracious appetite. Sorry to hear about your Jetta. But glad that it's been fixed It really hurts to see our ride suffer because of no fault of our own. Like you said, there's no point in worrying. Things do happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
You can get it done at "Trend Auto" on Hosur Road, they would do it at a fraction of the cost and paint matching would be almost close (a repaint can never ever match the original) to the OEM shade.
That's really kind of you mate! I'll certainly keep it in mind.

For the time-being, I've given my stallion to a near-by independent workshop. They have worked on our cars in the past and had done a good job. They have expressed their concerns over getting that major dent in the boot (the one above the number plate) back to normal, due to the sharp line running through there. Said they'll give it their best shot. Hope to get my baby back some time next week. Fingers crossed!

Last edited by GKR9900 : 28th May 2016 at 10:44.
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2016, 11:02   #20647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now the autorickshaw driver, contrary to what I was expecting, came out in full apology. He accepted it was his mistake and was ready to make amends.
This is what I would like to see in more people. If you are at fault, accept it and apologize. Makes a world of a a difference when you are in a situation like this. Heated arguments result in nothing but blood pressure.

I am not sure how much this impacts insurance but would it be stupid to ask a person if you can utilize their third party insurance cover? This will surely pinch during insurance renewal for the person responsible but that is not your problem.

A couple of days ago, I had to over take two Honda Activa scooters riding parallel. Both the scooters had 3 passengers each, riding without helmets, obviously. It was a narrow road and the chaps riding the Honda's seemed drunk and were heading to the Kalpalli cemetery. I started losing it and decided to get ahead of them. This meant I had to get on to the apposite lane which is for on coming traffic. This is a narrow, undivided road. While over taking them, I turned towards them and during this time, did not notice an on coming two wheeler. I nearly ran him off the road. He could have fallen in to the ditch or the car would have taken a bad hit on the side. At that point, my mind was set towards saving the car. I was least bothered about the two wheeler chap and made a quick swerve to avoid a side swipe. After reaching home and while sitting over a cup of coffee, I was feeling disturbed about what I did. I was not bothered about the drunk chaps. I felt bad about what I did to the oncoming two wheeler. I was playing back the whole event in my head and was thinking, how do I apologize to this person. He must be cursing me. It was my mistake.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 28th May 2016 at 11:04.
sandeepmohan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2016, 20:29   #20648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Your comment reminds me of the phrase "only paranoid survive". If there is any chance of reducing probability of an accident, please do it. This might mean parking few yards away and walking extra steps or waiting at an unmanned junction for few more seconds and reaching the destination few seconds late.
It is not just being paranoid but simply a little aware and cautious. In India people don't seem to realise the perils of stopping on or near high speed roads. People often stop in one of the side lane of a highway, don't turn on emergency flashers and then stand and stroll around like they were in a garden. Even at night. They have no fear of their vehicle being rear ended or they themselves being hit by fast moving traffic. Often you would see a safer spot a few hundred yards ahead that could have been chosen. People don't have the proper concept of safety on highways. One must never stop on or even near a highway unless it is an emergency. If you need to rest, stretch your legs or chat with someone in another vehicle, make sure to get off the road at a proper place like a petrol station, restuarant or mall etc. This makes it safer from the point of view of traffic, provides a cleaner environment and toilets if needed. It is also keeps you safe from robberies and assaults.

Last edited by Lobogris : 29th May 2016 at 20:31.
Lobogris is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 00:30   #20649
BHPian

Saw this Quanto while driving down to Jamshedpur last week. A small chat with the tow-truck driver revealed that it was sandwiched between two trucks and there were some casualties.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160520wa0013.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20160520wa0014.jpg
sumitsinha0280 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 07:42   #20650
Distinguished - BHPian

Early morning accident on NECE road.
the badly designed entry ramp on Bhannerghatta road towards Mysore road has claimed another vehicle.
A concrete mixer truck has toppled when making the entry which is a sharp U-turn towards his left.
it had fallen on its side on the median. He would've taken the turn a little faster than he should've.
Old 30th May 2016, 09:52   #20651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Early morning accident on NECE road.
the badly designed entry ramp on Bhannerghatta road towards Mysore road has claimed another vehicle.
A concrete mixer truck has toppled when making the entry which is a sharp U-turn towards his left.
it had fallen on its side on the median. He would've taken the turn a little faster than he should've.
Its a very dangerous entry and already has claimed many lives. Logically the entry should have been on the other side of the bannerghatta road.Or it should have been a very wide "U" turn just like the entry towards the Hosur road. Not sure, what made them to design like this.

By the way, now they have put a speed breaker just before the "U" turn. So, over speeding is little difficult while taking this turn.
Old 30th May 2016, 10:06   #20652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
In India people don't seem to realise the perils of stopping on or near high speed roads. People often stop in one of the side lane of a highway, don't turn on emergency flashers and then stand and stroll around like they were in a garden. Even at night. They have no fear of their vehicle being rear ended or they themselves being hit by fast moving traffic.
Yep. For some reason we develop a false sense of safety parking beyond the white line at the edge of the road and think we are safe as if it's a mythical lakshman rekha through which no vehicle shall pass
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 11:09   #20653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its a very dangerous entry and already has claimed many lives. Logically the entry should have been on the other side of the bannerghatta road.Or it should have been a very wide "U" turn just like the entry towards the Hosur road. Not sure, what made them to design like this.

By the way, now they have put a speed breaker just before the "U" turn. So, over speeding is little difficult while taking this turn.
It is some land dispute that is the reason.
You are right that the entry and exit on the other side. In fact it is already made.
But because of a land dispute between NECE and another property owner(What looks like a dilapidated resort), the entry is a small 30-40 feet road only.
This has to not only serve as an entry/exit to the NECE road but also to another locality behind that resort.

I guess the resort guy won the case or something and NECE were forced to close and barricade that entry/exit and it is now used only as an entry/exit to the locality.

Tried to illustrate with G maps screenshot
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 12:40   #20654
Senior - BHPian

I witnessed an accident at the Mumbai Pune e-way after Lonavala which involved a Swift carrying ten people (5 children) . The incident happened because of a tyre blowout and the driver losing control.
http://mpcnews.in/index.php/componen...05-28-15-52-17

By the time i ran towards the car to help the victims, people had already approached and managed to push it back, since it was lying upside down.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 15:04   #20655
BHPian

My Ride had her first minor brush today in front of forum mall when she was hit by a Chevy Beat driven by one Mr. Das who apparently works for HDFC Bank. I was not ready to have a fight since he admitted his mistake instantaneously and agreed to get it fixed. I took his card and moved on since I was getting late to work. I have sent him a mail with the below two images and the video from my DashCam.., which I have kept 'unlisted' for now in youtube for reference. Hope he gets back without changing the story...

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rear_fender.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tail_lamprear_quarter_pannel_scratch.jpg

It hurts when I take a look at those scratches

Last edited by vnidta : 30th May 2016 at 15:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks