Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2009, 15:52   #2266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
thats a hell accident of marina, how did that happened any information on that.
My best bet would be driver must have snoozed off at the wheel and hit the light pole and a huge fire would have erupted. I can see the remains of the pole underneath the Marina.
Old 13th May 2009, 20:26   #2267
BHPian

Since the tyres are not burnt, My theory is there is no fire accident. i think it was on the way to paint shop after the complete tinkering work done at local workshop, where accident happened.
Old 13th May 2009, 21:46   #2268
Senior - BHPian

Do we have an arson expert on board here ? he he..
The huge fire eruption theory was based on the fact that
the driver side door is open and not closed. This contributes to
the fact that the driver fled immediately after the fire broke out
w/o caring to close the door.
Also the half burnt rear tyres bear testimony to a fire.
An estinguisher has not been used, otherwise the the white residual
remains would have shown.
This means the fire died out naturally.
Just some observations.
Old 13th May 2009, 22:17   #2269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Big Big car pile up on the eastern express highway between Mulund and Bhandup towards Thane.Cars involved: Indica-Garbage dumper-Sumo-Fiesta-Garbage Dumper.

Seems the Indica slowed down at a Men at work sign in the first lane, the dumper managed to control a bit, but rammed the indica, sumo went straight into it, fiesta was the worst hit reduced to a hatchback. No idea of casualties, there is a big jam towards Thane, sorry- no pics..
Have seen a similar kind accident on an empty city road involving two Tavera and a sumo

I was traveling on the left lane at around 50-55 kmph & on the right lane these vehicles were traveling at speeds around 70-80 kmph. First Travera wanted to cross a signal before it turns RED. 5-4-3-2-1-0, but could not do that. But he managed to spot a police team with Speed gun, waiting to feast on overspeeding and signal jumping vehicles. He instantly brakes hard.. very very hard and managed to stop, but crossing the yellow line.

The other Travera and Sumo did not have any clue on whats going on & was completely shocked by sudden braking. Since the 2nd Travera was tailgating, he crashed into the vehicle at front even before he realised. Same story with SUMO too.

Do not tailgate- If we do that, its impossible for anyone to control the car in the above said situation. Whatever skilled driver or highend car may be in the scene

But having said that its very difficult to avoid that while driving within city but with good moving traffic in place. Vehicles in 50-60 kmph ranges at every lane & if you wanna maintain enough distance, you will end up letting some other car occupy that space. Live with luck
Old 13th May 2009, 22:54   #2270
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this bashed up Opel Astra in South Kolkata last week.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc03918.jpg
Old 13th May 2009, 23:21   #2271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
They didn't make it out alive .. 3 of a family perished !!
Hi. Khaadu This type of sight is very common on Rishikesh -Badrinath road since every year the road to all shrines in the hills of Uttaranchal open in the month of MAY and CLOSE in OCTOBER due to heavy snowfall. Now these roads are very dangerous and can not be compared to driving in Khandala Ghat,Kasara Ghat, you can imagine that entire streach from Rishikesh to Badrinath shrine, kedarnath shrine,yamunotri,Gangotri is a ghat road continuously for 295kms,250kms,200kms,223kms respectively Now when these roads are opened for darshan in May pilgrims rush to these roads in their cars and all of them have no driving technics of HILL DRIVING thus end up like this with silly mistakes they make all because they are used to driving in city and settling scores with other road users which is not to be even thaught about in the hill driving,secondly patience in hill driving is a must, Iam travelling every year to Sri Hemkunt Sahib and Sri Badrinath for the last 28 years and not a year has passed without seeing one or two such sights on the way .So many preciouse lives are lost that too when they are on pilgrimage,such a sad situation. Sencible pilgrims hire HILL DRIVERS at Rishikesh to drive their cars up in the hills and back,they can be hired at Rishikesh itself on daily wages basis.
Old 13th May 2009, 23:34   #2272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Iam travelling every year to Sri Hemkunt Sahib and Sri Badrinath for the last 28 years and not a year has passed without seeing one or two such sights on the way
That's lot of hill driving experience & hope you have went through this thread

Please do add you list of do and dont's
Old 14th May 2009, 08:31   #2273
Senior - BHPian

Clicked this while driving thru Punjab...This was in front of a police station
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-car.jpg  

Old 14th May 2009, 20:50   #2274
Senior - BHPian

Jaguar XK 150 1958 model caught fire in India.

link: http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newpho...0321_001.shtml
Old 14th May 2009, 21:27   #2275
Senior - BHPian

It says 'owner did'nt even care'! wow!
Old 14th May 2009, 23:01   #2276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Jaguar XK 150 1958 model caught fire in India.

link: http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newpho...0321_001.shtml
Was the Owner an Indian or a foreigner ? He sure must be having deep pockets to say that ( phew)
Old 14th May 2009, 23:11   #2277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pankaj401 View Post
Not really an accident. The front wheel along with the brake drum got separated. The brake shoes were still intact at the hub.
Hi Pankaj I see that there will be not a single Bajaj autorickshaw all over India who did not face this situation once in theier lifespan, I dont understand these so called kings of 3 wheeler manufectureres BAJAJ not doing any thing to stop this inspite of getting reports and feedback from suffered customers by redesigning front suspension and reenforcing the same,they are just selling these vehicles to buyers like onions and potatoes and our customers are still going for this vehicle like fools just because everyone is buying it . This design is ages old and never looked upon for IMPROVEMENTS TO AVOID THIS SITUATION ,in the picture of yours the vehicle is on its remaining wheels I have seen them turning toppel due to this in front of my eyes, once happened below my home in seven bunglows and passengers getting hurt badly due to overturning at high speeds. Rahul Bajaj should do something now at least since he already has a stiff competition in form of TVS autorick which is refined, strudy and appealing and has rugged looks and comes with plenty of goodies which Bajaj never thought of. At least now our rickshawwallas have realised and are opting for other brand.We see plenty of TVS ricks in mumbai.
My dad had once while travelling faced same situation but thank god it happened when the rick was about to start from a red signal.From that very day he used to hold the bar inside the rick tightly if in case siyuation is repeated again and used to force us also for the same.He expired in 1994.
Old 15th May 2009, 12:03   #2278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
altis crash, received it on mail.
This does not seem to be in India. Here's where the picture came from

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newpho.../bad968b.shtml

Aditya
Old 15th May 2009, 12:33   #2279
BANNED

So much for India's Engineering
Today morning around 7.30 am at Moolchand underpass the whole structure comprising of iron girders fell on vehicles.Vehicles involved palio , esteem , swift , a Haryana roadways bus , few two wheelers .
The palio was in the front and had taken the maximum hit but surprisingly the swift and esteem were badly smashed .Surprised i was with the solidity of Palio .The driver of swift was hurt badly as the car crumpled like a paper car .the esteem was saved due to the palio alongside but even then the top of esteem had caved in from mid front and windshield shattered.Infact in the swift the a,b , c pillars caved in completely and suspension bottomed out .the palio a & b billar bent enough but was comparitively miles ahead of the swift in supporting the onslaught.
the roadways had the best build no damages .
By the time i got a chance to get out of my car palio owner drove off , swift was towed away , esteem guy also got his car towed.
there were three cranes two on the ground level and one you see in the pic.\

I wish i could have taken all the pics just to surprise everyone the cruelty and bad luck Palio was able to take compared to maruti's.
And for the sake of it I own a Marui.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc01166-medium.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc01165-medium.jpg  

Old 15th May 2009, 12:46   #2280
BHPian

Looks like the iron structure was only glued and too by a small patch of concrete!!
The contractor should be taken to task.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks