Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2017, 02:34   #23281
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
It's very clear that the Control arm(Lower arm in this case) is broken and bent upwards where the ball-joint is supposed to be. That's the main anchoring. So the results is obvious.

Now how this came about is kinda confusing. No other damage is visible in the pic to explain how such a critical damage happened.
You are right.
Only the lower control arm ball joint seems to have snapped, everything else looks fine(tie-rod,link rod,strut).
This could also be a case of misdiagnosis, as a bad LCA ball joint will make similar noise as that of a bad stabilizer bar link rod. But what makes the LCA bend that way ? I don't know.
Old 15th April 2017, 20:36   #23282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Now how this came about is kinda confusing. No other damage is visible in the pic to explain how such a critical damage happened.
He mentioned that the car was previously involved in an accident. That could be the reason.

Also possible that his mechanic warned him about it, but interchangeably used another term 'link rod' instead of 'ball joint'
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 21:17   #23283
Distinguished - BHPian

As received on Whatsapp.

How the accident occurred - I don't know.

Location - Presumably near Shimoga (Ayanur) as per my friend who sent me.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20170415-21.14.12.jpg

Intentionally masked the plates.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20170415wa0061.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20170415wa0059.jpg
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th April 2017, 23:54   #23284
Senior - BHPian

You are spot on Doc. Just last Sunday, took my Swift zxi to the MSM at Jehangirpuri to get exactly the same part i.e. link rods changed. The GM was very upset at his team having missed the worn out bushes on the link rods when my car had gone to them around Holi.

While taking the team to task he reiterated the same point that you make in your post. Sudden failure of the link rod can & will lead to the K member (the sub frame in the picture, looks like alphabet K hence the name) failure (just as it has in this case) thereby damaging or destroying the suspension too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Wrong statement by Cartoq. A broken link rod can and does allow the suspension arm(s) to tear away from the chassis mounting point(s), especially at high speeds and on rough roads.

Last edited by khoj : 15th April 2017 at 23:56.
khoj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th April 2017, 13:15   #23285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Early morning accident on NECE road near Bhannerghatta road junction. No idea what happenned but looks like he hit some other truck and then toppled( other vehicle wasn't around) Attachment 1628980
I'm sure it was a 6 wheeler Truck that this Tata407 rear ended. I 'm sure cause cause the spare wheel of the other truck is lying in front. The spare of some larger trucks is made to stick out a little as an extra bumper for minor impacts.
Old 17th April 2017, 10:52   #23286
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A video showing a man adorning orange scarf, driving a Tata Safari bearing license plate UP 16BL 2333, which had Hindu Yuva Vahini plastered all over, has gone viral. In the video, you can see the man is checking the front bumper of his Safari, trying to fix it from the damage. The video then shows a motorcycle lying on the ground, the biker of this motorcycle is nowhere to be seen. In the meantime, the Safari driver has gotten back into the car, and drove off.

Soon the recorder of the video asks what happened. To this eye witnesses say that the driver of the said Safari, had hit a biker some 100 meters back, and had fled from the scene. In the aftermath, the biker got thrown off his bike, while the bike got stuck under the front right tyre. The Safari driver dragged the bike for over 100 meters from accident spot, while leaving the biker to die on the road.

Rush Lane
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 13:03   #23287
Distinguished - BHPian

The first day of the Bengali New Year, 15 April 2017. We were on our way to Jaipur for a day trip, accompanied by a friend and his family in a blue Innova. It was 52*C outside according to the thermometer on the dashboard, at about 2pm.

The Innova, ahead of us by a few minutes, blew a radiator hose and stopped at Bawal. We caught up with them and stopped behind, carried out some running repairs, and were about to be on our way. As I walked back to my car, I saw a Swift come out of the side road behind my car, and begin to head on to the highway on the wrong side.

A vehicle carrier was coming down the flyover, and the Swift misjudged the distance as it moved across the path of the trailer truck. The trailer swerved to its left as it hit the Swift on its right side, spinning it 360*, and then the trailer appeared to go out of control. For a second, I had my heart in my mouth, but then the driver recovered control, brushed past a motorcycle, and came to a stop alongside our cars.

The bumper on the road indicates a spot a little closer than where the trailer hit the Swift. Our vehicles are parked behind the camera, on the dirt shoulder to the left of the white unbroken line.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-nh8crash15417-3.jpg

That's how much the trailer missed us by, before he managed to stop.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-nh8crash15417-1.jpg

The right corner of the truck's bumper took the impact.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-nh8crash15417-2.jpg

The condition of the Swift...
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-nh8crash15417-5.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-nh8crash15417-4.jpg

God had been kind to all of us that day. No one died or suffered major physical injuries.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 17th April 2017 at 13:07.
SS-Traveller is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 13:10   #23288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
As received on Whatsapp.

How the accident occurred - I don't know.

Location - Presumably near Shimoga (Ayanur) as per my friend who sent me.

Attachment 1629998

Intentionally masked the plates.

Attachment 1629999

Attachment 1630000

it hit a buffalo at high speed

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 13:22   #23289
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
it hit a buffalo at high speed

Pramod
That explains why the Jag has heavy roof damage without any signs of overturning (twisted axles). Glad to see the passenger cell is intact
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 14:05   #23290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
[center][url]
Whether, it has been reported to the Police ? Video clearly shows the arrogance of the Driver, even though the Actual accident has not been recorded on Camera.

Hope the Bike Rider is safe and hope another Camera has recorded the accident.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th April 2017 at 17:50. Reason: Please avoid quoting Youtube URL for replies. Thanks.
Old 17th April 2017, 17:20   #23291
Senior - BHPian

An accident which happened on the busy Baner road today afternoon. Article in Marathi but video at the end of the article. May God give the strength to the families of those young kids who perished for no fault of their own.

http://abpmajha.abplive.in/pune/two-...-update-393899
Old 17th April 2017, 17:29   #23292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
An accident which happened on the busy Baner road today afternoon. Article in Marathi but video at the end of the article. May God give the strength to the families of those young kids who perished for no fault of their own.

http://abpmajha.abplive.in/pune/two-...-update-393899
Oh man, that's too sad!
I fail to understand why would the driver climb on the divider? The pedestrians were not in a hurry, nor did they try to confuse the driver by going back and forth or in any other way.

May the souls RIP!
pkulkarni.2106 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 17:53   #23293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
I fail to understand why would the driver climb on the divider? The pedestrians were not in a hurry, nor did they try to confuse the driver by going back and forth or in any other way.

May the souls RIP!
The article says that the car was being driven by a lady driver,the wife of a builder, who lost control of the vehicle upon reaching that point. I suspect it might be a case of DUI or being distracted by the phone , or both. She has not been yet arrested as she was injured in the accident too.
Old 17th April 2017, 21:09   #23294
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this accident yesterday afternoon at around 2:45PM. It was near the Dmart/Decathon flyover in Bommasandra, Bangalore. Must have been a case of either the swift guy not being careful or the brake lights of the bus not working
The MS RSA person was standing beside the car. So I assume, it must have happened an hour or so earlier. The steering column and everything behind it looked intact. Hope the Driver is ok

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accident3.jpg
Old 17th April 2017, 21:47   #23295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Saw this accident yesterday afternoon at around 2:45PM. It was near the Dmart/Decathon flyover in Bommasandra, Bangalore. Must have been a case of either the swift guy not being careful or the brake lights of the bus not working
The MS RSA person was standing beside the car. So I assume, it must have happened an hour or so earlier. The steering column and everything behind it looked intact. Hope the Driver is ok
Driver of the Swift will be OK if he/she was wearing a seat belt.

I have noticed that buses coming from Hosur into Bangalore, once past the Attibele toll booth, will stop anywhere - and I mean anywhere - to let passengers get off. So this accident was probably caused by 3 factors:
1. Bus stopped randomly
2. Bus brake light not working (I am usually very surprised if they do work)
3. Inattentive driver of Swift

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks