Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2009, 11:53   #2371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Ya it's a taxi from Kannur (KL-13), but can't really say what happened as the accident was occured a night back & I spotted it next day. All the information got from the individual who were there!
Looks like the truck T-boned the innova, maybe when the innova took a right to get to the petrol bunk.
Old 20th May 2009, 12:14   #2372
BANNED

Innova crash was horrible. and referring to santro crash , i really dont understand why people keep challenging their luck to this extent?
Old 20th May 2009, 12:38   #2373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
and referring to santro crash , i really dont understand why people keep challenging their luck to this extent?
"It won't happen to me" attitude
Old 20th May 2009, 17:00   #2374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
Looks like the truck T-boned the innova, maybe when the innova took a right to get to the petrol bunk.
Infact its not happened from the seen location, but a little away. I was said that it's towed to this place as there is some vacant land.
Old 20th May 2009, 17:14   #2375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
I don't agree with you sirji. In total I am driving since last 10 year's. I had several accident with different car's. I believe when you drive on the road its not only you who can make mistake there are others also who can make mistake and you have to suffer because of them.
I too agree with this. I have a zen & have met with a serious accident (though the fault was mine) & have realized the mistake. I have been driving the same zen with good restoration, which had saved all 3 of occupants including me.

Also all accidents do not happen due to the drivers mistake. But we need to anticipate such deadly zones/situations & act accordingly.

Anticipating an accident situation & avoiding it is far better than the involvement.

Just be a little more clever idiots than with those silly idiots on roads.
Old 20th May 2009, 17:42   #2376
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this on NH7 near Kurnool. Looks like something fell on the cabin or the truck went under a low bridge!

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-137711d1242745628tmyfirstnonnonstoptravelogue3states10daysvacationdsc_0136.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-137712d1242745628tmyfirstnonnonstoptravelogue3states10daysvacationdsc_0137.jpg
Old 20th May 2009, 17:46   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
I think Anuj has a valid point. Even if you are careful a one-off incident might happen which is unfortunate which you as a driver will know that was unavoidable.
=================
Way back in 2003, Same funda was given to me by 55 yr old man (a cab driver) with 35yrs of driving exp in South India when I asked him what kind of attitude I should cultivate to become a good driver (I didnot know driving then and I joined the driving class after that).

Abhi
If the anticipation skills are not developed by the road users, then the accidents should be termed as carelessness rather than accidents. Accidents are due to ill-luck or too much for anticipating one such ill-event, so they are called 'accidents' otherwise they would be termed 'carelessness'.
Old 20th May 2009, 17:50   #2378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Spotted this on NH7 near Kurnool. Looks like something fell on the cabin or the truck went under a low bridge!

Attachment 138015

Attachment 138014
Oh Sh..! Look at the drivers cabin. Can we expect any surviors in this case?
Old 20th May 2009, 17:55   #2379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Oh Sh..! Look at the drivers cabin. Can we expect any surviors in this case?
Dont think anyone was inside the cabin when it happened. Otherwise they'd have cut open the same.
Old 20th May 2009, 17:56   #2380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Dont think anyone was inside the cabin when it happened. Otherwise they'd have cut open the same.
If it went under a low bridge, like the poster of the images suggested? Then?
Old 20th May 2009, 18:20   #2381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dine View Post
I wonder what made you to think like this after driving all these kilometers - "no matter what speed you are travelling at always stay in the middle lane ". I disagree with you on this
Its always best to take the lane based on the speed we drive. We need to be considerate while driving on the road.
Dine I do agree with you also & Bubby too, but only partially. We have to be very alert when driving on 2 lane & on the middle of the road, since at many junctions or villages they have a road lane divider (Dangerous option, I guess!)

And as you said the safe is the fast lane, which is always occupied by trucks or bigger slow moving vehicles. Again a dangerous proposition.

Better to be alert on the highways with as much as clear visibility & in controllable speeds.

Never move into a slow moving bunch of vehicles on highways where there is relatively faster traffic behind/head-on. Maintain safer distance. I have seen latest cars like, verna, icon, etc. zipping & playing around such zones or groups. So we see such high performance cars ending up in the crash repair shops.

The list goes on.. I suggest people use their brain & within vehicle's handling capability while driving rather than their vehicle muscle & not make the road a playground or simply to put 'not to loose their sense of humanity'.
Old 20th May 2009, 20:08   #2382
Senior - BHPian

Driving in the middle lane is awfully dangerous.

A faster vehicle coming behind to pass you is not going to be sure in which lane you would move to let him go through and it would obviously cause a confusion. And a confusion at higher speeds on indian roads is a good disaster recipe.
Old 20th May 2009, 23:51   #2383
Senior - BHPian

How cow! Looking at that Innova's pic made me shudder. First time I am seeing one mangled up like that.
Old 21st May 2009, 00:23   #2384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Driving in the middle lane is awfully dangerous.

A faster vehicle coming behind to pass you is not going to be sure in which lane you would move to let him go through and it would obviously cause a confusion. And a confusion at higher speeds on indian roads is a good disaster recipe.
I usually give indicators to let the one behind me know that i am about to change lanes, and let him pass. No dirty horn sounds involved fro behind, works out peacefully.

By indicator - i mean that i am use normal indicator method.

I know some truckers use wrong method for indicators. (they are the same group of people who call for Down button for going Up in an elevator)
aerohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2009, 09:51   #2385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
I usually give indicators to let the one behind me know that i am about to change lanes, and let him pass. No dirty horn sounds involved fro behind, works out peacefully.

By indicator - i mean that i am use normal indicator method.

I know some truckers use wrong method for indicators. (they are the same group of people who call for Down button for going Up in an elevator)
So you spend more time than usual by looking at the rear view mirrors to know who is coming fast at you?!

Your method might work and there wont be any confusion as long as its an educated driver who can understands turn signals well. I have seen a lot of nut cases on the laned highways who use the Truck Signal method of using indicators to let me know that I can pass them. In case you are followed by such a moron then you are in big trouble!

Driving in one's respective lane is always safe; at times it becomes dangerous when you meet people on the road who have less manners & knowledge about highway driving etiquette!

Last edited by anachronix : 21st May 2009 at 09:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks