Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2017, 19:03   #24586
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Edit : The car was a honda city. How can 7 people (all adults) manage to get in a honda city?
Hmm, deja vu I think, there was another incident which had the exact same car i.e Honda City and again overloaded to about 7 people if I remember.. the post can be found maybe several hundred pages back in this thread.

I guess repeating the same risky circumstances will lead to the same risk as well and it has. As usual without any knowledge of the how's and why's of the incident I will not comment keeping in consideration the affected parties.. may time heal them.

Generically though, I'd say its a mistake to continue a celebratory occasion in the car. I've been asked more than once to hop in a car with 5-6 people in it and both times I've declined because I like my space and I don't care much for travelling with colleagues. Parties and recreational outings have resulted in 80%+ accidents in urban India without a doubt and when it happens multiple people get involved.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 20:24   #24587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
The car was a honda city. How can 7 people (all adults) manage to get in a honda city?
On the question of overloading, can an insurance provider decline claim in such cases where it can be proven that the vehicle was carrying more pax than it is supposed to?
IndieGooner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 21:17   #24588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndieGooner View Post
On the question of overloading, can an insurance provider decline claim in such cases where it can be proven that the vehicle was carrying more pax than it is supposed to?
While carrying more people than the vehicle is supposed to carry cannot be the sole reason for rejecting claim but if the insurance company can prove that overloading was the sole reason for the accident then it can reject the claim.

Last edited by jayantvs : 13th September 2017 at 21:19.
jayantvs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 23:10   #24589
BHPian

Quote:
I am sure if any vehicle is damaged while it was being driven above the stated terms in insurance like load carrying / Number of passengers,or usage etc then the insurance is invalid. I had also heard but am not sure that if the persons who May die/injure due to traveling in such vehicles then their personal insurance can also be termed invalid by the insurer.
RajeVenu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 23:48   #24590
BHPian

In Honda City Seven people ??? This xylo with eleven people. 9 died on the spot. Three in hospital as per the article.

Source: http://www.coastaldigest.com/news/ki...uttara-kannada

Hightime Law takes stringent action
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acccidnet.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acccidnet2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ashoknagar14.jpg  

Sarvodaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 01:28   #24591
BHPian

Quote:
Logically, if the overloading is proved to be the main cause for the mishap, anybody would decline insurance. I'm sure this point will be mentioned in the fine print. Time to take out the papers, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
I had also heard but am not sure that if the persons who May die/injure due to traveling in such vehicles then their personal insurance can also be termed invalid by the insurer.
That's an interesting point too. It should be like that(if it's not so already) and mentioned in bold in the insurance documents so that people stop acting mad and behave more sane.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 07:49   #24592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
I am sure if any vehicle is damaged while it was being driven above the stated terms in insurance like load carrying / Number of passengers,or usage etc then the insurance is invalid. I had also heard but am not sure that if the persons who May die/injure due to traveling in such vehicles then their personal insurance can also be termed invalid by the insurer.
Insurer may reject claim if the vehicle carries more people than allowed.

I don't think personal insurance will become invalid.
Old 14th September 2017, 08:10   #24593
Senior - BHPian

On a side note, with the amount of CCTV and dashcam videos in this thread, it should be renamed Pics and videos: accidents in India.
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 09:23   #24594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Generically though, I'd say its a mistake to continue a celebratory occasion in the car. I've been asked more than once to hop in a car with 5-6 people in it and both times I've declined because I like my space and I don't care much for travelling with colleagues. Parties and recreational outings have resulted in 80%+ accidents in urban India without a doubt and when it happens multiple people get involved.
Just to set the records straight, the celebrations occurred at a friend's house in Dombivli, and they all decided to go to office together next morning. It's not yet known if the driver was drunk or under the influence. Also one of the friends was following on a bike, and he reportedly carried an injured friend to a hospital in Dombivli.

Also the photos which were published in the newspaper show the bus had climbed over the divider and crossed over to the oncoming fast lane. Not sure if this happened after the collision or if the bus, and not the car, crossed over and caused the collision.

Correction to the above post.

Initial photos in the social media show the bus has climbed over the divider. They are not in any newspaper.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hvku...5202760524565/

Last edited by moralfibre : 14th September 2017 at 10:09. Reason: Back to back posts.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 10:21   #24595
BHPian

Around 15 people were injured when a container lorry rammed a crowd of bus passengers who were waiting a bus stop on the NH near Amballur, in Trichur District. A major accident was averted as many people who were present in the stop managed to avoid the lorry, when they saw it veering towards them. The injured were all students, and two of them are critical.
It is so sad that a routine waiting at the bus stop suddenly becomes a tragedy.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-12.jpg  

Old 14th September 2017, 10:25   #24596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Just to set the records straight, the celebrations occurred at a friend's house in Dombivli, and they all decided to go to office together next morning. It's not yet known if the driver was drunk or under the influence.
The driver had not attended the party and he had went to pick them and drop them at train station (according to the article in newspaper). So I believe he was not drunk. But what dark.knight was mentioning was that probably they were still in celebration mood in the car .

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Also the photos which were published in the newspaper show the bus had climbed over the divider and crossed over to the oncoming fast lane. Not sure if this happened after the collision or if the bus, and not the car, crossed over and caused the collision.

Correction to the above post.

Initial photos in the social media show the bus has climbed over the divider. They are not in any newspaper.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hvku...5202760524565/
Again according to the article it was mentioned that the car lost control, jumped the divider and hit the bus.

Quoting from the article :
Quote:
A police officer said, "One of the survivors told us that Singh lost control of the car, after which it dashed into the bus. We have registered a case against him."

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 14th September 2017 at 10:26.
Old 14th September 2017, 11:12   #24597
BHPian

Witnessed this earlier today. Who (all) do you think may have been at fault here?
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-mess-crash-rrpuram.jpg  

Old 14th September 2017, 11:31   #24598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Witnessed this earlier today. Who (all) do you think may have been at fault here?
What I see here is a typical scenario for a gridlock. Every vehicle tries to race ahead of every other vehicle in a turn. Similarly, the bike to the left who has fallen down has taken the turn too early I guess. Same case with the Amaze. He has taken the turn too early and is blocking the auto rickshaw. Such common sense is lacking.

If the crash in the picture actually happened between the two bikers, the scenario would be such that the biker coming from the right side would be looking left to see if the intersection is clear. By the time he looks forward to continue his path, this guy coming from the opposite side would be bang ahead of him which will be difficult to miss. This is a regular occurrence for me. I even had a lady in a car run almost run into my stationary car when I was waiting to take a left turn. She was taking a right turn and took it too early, looking to HER left for any vehicles. Probably she thought I could just disappear out of her path. I did not budge and she had to reverse her car out of the mess and take the 'right' right turn.
Old 14th September 2017, 11:54   #24599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
This xylo with eleven people. 9 died on the spot. Three in hospital as per the article.

No brake marks visible, from the second picture which shows the post impact positions of the vehicles.

Probably the driver dozed off and veered off course.

Only other possibility is that the headlamps of the truck were not on, but it is not clear whether the accident occurred under darkness.

RIP to the victims.

Last edited by mooza : 14th September 2017 at 11:56.
Old 14th September 2017, 13:48   #24600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
In Honda City Seven people ??? This xylo with eleven people.
Scorpio with 13 people (old news though)
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...cle7545414.ece

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks