Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2017, 14:34   #24871
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
It looks to be easy to brake and swerve. But practically that will not be the case. The moment he swerved seeing the car ahead, he must have panicked and not in his natural sense any more. And then there was no room left before he was jolted by climbing on to the raised area on the left nor there was any room to swerve right again.
I meant that he had enough time to brake before swerving - if he was watching the road ahead. And did not panic.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 16:15   #24872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post

stop, look, proceed, how hard can it be?
It looks like that Eon driver stopped only because that motorcycle was thrown in front of his/her car, blocking the way. Not for one second do you see the Eon slowing or braking while the VW is getting a facial done.

The VW driver might have anticipated that the Eon would stop taking the U-turn, but to his/her horror, the car continued taking the turn.
Old 24th October 2017, 23:43   #24873
BHPian

Cross country woman biker Sana Iqbal died in a car crash while her husband was injured when their vehicle rammed into a median. The incident happened in Hyderabad. Her husband was driving the car. Link to the story https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/cros...erabad-1766636
Old 25th October 2017, 08:51   #24874
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
It looks to be easy to brake and swerve. But practically that will not be the case. The moment he swerved seeing the car ahead, he must have panicked and not in his natural sense any more. And then there was no room left before he was jolted by climbing on to the raised area on the left nor there was any room to swerve right again.
Yes, its not as easy as we say but it is always a best practice to brake than swerve. In this case, luckily there was no one on his left side, otherwise he would have collected them as well and it would have been a bigger mess.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 09:42   #24875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Cross country woman biker Sana Iqbal died in a car crash while her husband was injured when their vehicle rammed into a median. The incident happened in Hyderabad. Her husband was driving the car. Link to the story https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/cros...erabad-1766636
Man, what gives people the confidence to drive at 0330AM is beyond me :( Kudos to those who can but in my opinion it's just testing human physiology
Old 25th October 2017, 09:44   #24876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
There seems to be a lot more to this behind the scene. An activist I follow on facebook posted the below.

Quote:
Sana had a strained marriage. She was suicidal at one point in her life but recovered only to help others come out of depression and suicidal thoughts. She rode across the country and nepal to raise awareness on this issue. When I met her she told me that whatever the relationship between her and her husband, she ensures that their kid isn't deprived of anyone's love. Sana wholeheartedly supported my work and infact counselled a lot of men undergoing immense turmoil in their own married life. She believed in justice irrespective of Gender. I am at loss of words to convey what a compassionate human being sana was to have thoughts and beliefs like that, when I read this message she sent to her close friends few days ago. I don't know if Sana's death is an accident or murder. If it's the latter, I hope this person and anyone responsible is given the harshest punishment. If it's the former, I can only believe more in the saying that even god has dearth of good people ....
By Sana Iqbal ....
Hi
I am writing this message to you and some more people who will be my witness if anything happens to me.
I work in night shifts and by the time I return home the time is 3am. Nadeem is extremely talented and deserves a round of applause because he successfully scared my mother enough that she is leaving the city and relocating to Chennai so that Nadeem does not harass her anymore, she doesn't want to have any connections with me as I married a man who was always cheap and would always create a scene on the roads for smallest of things. She helped me to the maximum extent specially when I was pregnant. Read on to know why...
On 25 May 2017 he came to my house at a time when I would be in office to threaten my mom and sister - at 1:30 in the night. He had always misbehaved and because of that my mom didn't open the door fearing he would attack and he stood outside the door and was screaming on top of his voice (You can hear a sample of that one hour recording) he threw stones at my house on the 2nd floor to scare my mother and sister. Forcibly I had to goto the police after my shift because he did the same thing thrice at the same hour when I would be in office... while he was doing this drama at my place, he was chatting with me on whatsap and didn't even ask me where I was (I still have those chats).
I went to the police station and filed a complaint PET ID 00636. Took the cops with me to his house and there he convinced the cops to leave him and not take him to the PS as it was an odd hour of the night, as if he shouting at my house at 1:30am was correct. Nevertheless, I returned without even a warning to him by the cops. After that he came to my house the next afternoon and kept honking nonstop. As if that was not enough he started sending intimidating messages to me and I kept quiet.
On 6 June - when My mom went for her holy pilgrimage - Umrah - She had left for Umrah on 2 June. My sister had left for Banglore as she had her Military interview which lasts for 7 days and I was alone at home. With a job at such odd hours (In my profession all jobs are like this) I have no place to leave Ali. On 5 June I left Ali with my maternal aunt before going to office but Ali didn't like it. He cried the entire time, didn't eat, didn't drink milk and didn't sleep. For 11 hours. The moment he came to me he cried again and vomitted - you must be thinking that I am a cruel mother and job is more important for me - Well if a woman doesn't get any financial help from her husband, what will she do? I have bank transactions where even till last month I gave him money and he used my money in some way or the other. If I don't earn then how will I pay house rent and what will I feed my son? Nobody is going to give me money. Is Nadeem not supposed to take care of his son? Ali is now two and last week was the first time Nadeem bought a milk bottle for him - something that cheap also was not brought by the so called loving father who only sends his pix with his son in groups without playing any role. Is it not time pass?
On 6 June when I went to drop Ali to Nadeem's house I saw Nadeem going somewhere from the opposite side of the road. Knowing that his mother creates a scene always and is very evil in her approach, I left Ali in front of the door, knocked at the door and came down. I stood for a few seconds and saw that his mother opened the door and picked up Ali, I clicked a picture immediately because I knew she will manipulate later. Then within a minute I called Nadeem to tell him the same and he started abusing me. I disconnected and went towards my house.
There is only 1 km distance between Nadeem's and my house. By the time I reached my place, he was already standing in front my house. I was sitting behind my sister on Activa. He saw me, called me dus baap ki aulad and slapped me so hard that my sister lost control of the bike. We didn't fall somehow. He then pulled me and started slapping me with one hand while he held my hair with another hand. Somehow I managed to save myself and moved aside. My sister also pushed him (any sister would do that). In the hustle bustle, my right thumb got stuck in his mouth and he bit it so hard that it started bleeding profusely. Around 25-30 people gathered. All this while he was calling my mother a Prostitute, calling my sister rand and calling me with every possible disgusting cuss word - I am sure you can imagine.
I don't have any brother but please tell me, if I had a brother - what would he do?
The torture my mother is going through and cursing herself for not giving birth to a male child - Is she wrong?
Nadeem's sister Safa - has the audacity to msg me that I am lawaris (Orphan) because I don't have a brother or father. Mind u she is only 17.
All of this drama because Nadeem's mother faked it to him that I left Ali on the road. I know her manipulation and that is why I had clicked her pic with Ali.
15 June is my son's birthday and he didn't let me see my son. On one hand I need money to raise him and if I do that, then I am unable to take care of him. I know if I insist, my mother will be by my side but Nadeem will ensure that she dies of a heart attack. Those three days he came to my house and created a ruckus, my mother was diagnosed with high BP - 180 (I have the hospital bills for that)
I gave birth to my son despite all the torture Nadeem and his mother had put me through. My family raised Ali and I had been crying the whole day helplessly, stepping into the office washroom and covering my face with more make up to hide my pain because I wasn't able to see my son on his birthday. Ali doesn't know what a birthday is, but I remember everything that happened with me in the hospital two years ago. Even that day I kept waiting for him the entire day and he came 15 hours after my delivery as a guest, left the hospital without even talking to me or looking at my face - the same man who I wanted even when I was unconscious, as per the nurses.
The reason for this entire message is, if I die of a heart attack or brain attack or any sudden thing caused by a shock then please don't treat it as a natural cause, Nadeem and his mother Anis Ajaz are going to be my murderers. I hope you will find justice for me if I don't survive this pain.
Source
Added_flavor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 11:50   #24877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
There seems to be a lot more to this behind the scene. An activist I follow on facebook posted the below.

Source
Just found a photo of the car. The Linea took the impact well but unfortunately it couldn't save her.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-22688567_10156242428034523_3841664263041478139_n.jpg  

Ry_der is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 12:12   #24878
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
I use this road on an almost daily basis. It is a notorious stretch and claims a few lives every couple of days.
It is a broad road with no potholes. Divided by median and has at least two lanes on each side.
There no functioning street lights and very rarely is there any police patrolling at night. Some places overlap with a military area and hence there are no shops eon either side.
Everyone drives considerably faster than they should.

The lights from the opposite side can blind anyone.
My car has extra 3M reflective stickers on its doors and hatch because of this road as I need to take a right turn at an intersection.

In my honest opinion there is no way anyone can orchestrate such an accident where the side takes a full impact. It will need the kind of planning that a driver will not be able to execute without a lot of help from a support crew.

I am not defending Nadeem or saying the above letter is fake.
But this particular accident to someone who uses this road and has seen multiple fatalities on it appears to be an accident and only an accident.

Unless the plan was for the driver to commit suicide by car crash. Which is probable but then again highly unlikely considering that there are much easier options available.

Last edited by bblost : 25th October 2017 at 12:19.
bblost is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 12:25   #24879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry_der View Post
The Linea took the impact well but unfortunately it couldn't save her.
Its a Punto actually

Adding one more pic. Looks the the car wrapped around a pole or tree
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sanacar.jpg

Last edited by centaur : 25th October 2017 at 12:32.
centaur is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 12:53   #24880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Its a Punto actually
My bad. I couldn't recognise from the front itself.

Quote:

Adding one more pic. Looks the the car wrapped around a pole or tree
Attachment 1689259
The point of impact is too accurate to be cosidered as an Accident. Only plausible explanation is that the car had a tyre burst at a very high speed at a very sharp bend near a very sturdy tree. The odds of each of those events taking place simultaneously on a wide open road are very low.

Last edited by Ry_der : 25th October 2017 at 12:54.
Old 25th October 2017, 14:37   #24881
BHPian

RIP.
Times of India reports the car crashed into a road divider. I haven't seen any dividers in Hyderabad that are tall enough to damage a car up to its roof. TOI also says, quoting police sources, that the occupants were wearing seat belts. The paper adds that since the car doesn't have airbags, the occupants suffered several injuries. (Whatever that means!)
Old 25th October 2017, 14:52   #24882
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The point of impact is too accurate to be cosidered as an Accident. Only plausible explanation is that the car had a tyre burst at a very high speed at a very sharp bend near a very sturdy tree. The odds of each of those events taking place simultaneously on a wide open road are very low.
Why?
Tyre bursts, common enough. Trees on our roads, common enough. Bend doesnt necessarily have to be there for an out of control car to run into a tree.
Unless the driver was planning a mutual suicide, it seems like a moon landing level conspiracy theory.
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 15:29   #24883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Why?
Tyre bursts, common enough. Trees on our roads, common enough. Bend doesnt necessarily have to be there for an out of control car to run into a tree.
Unless the driver was planning a mutual suicide, it seems like a moon landing level conspiracy theory.
My opinion may have been biased because of the above letter. However, I came across an article which says

Quote:
Police say the car was travelling at high speed when it ran over the road median and crashed into an electric pole on the divider.
Source
Old 25th October 2017, 17:03   #24884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My bad. I couldn't recognise from the front itself.

Sana was murdered by her husband. He was harassing her for years and they separated soon after they married. She had a baby by then who she raised with her mother as much as possible. He would stalk her, abuse her on text and phone, trouble her sister and mother and create ruckus outside their home too. Sana was physically assaulted by him a number of times and even considered suicide at one point of time. That is why she decided to ride across India to encourage people to not think about suicide as a solution.
Yesterday at 12 am, Nadeem (her husband) took her away from her house in a car under the threat of her child Ali. At 4 am, they were found in a car accident in which she suffered head injuries and died on the operating table. What you may not know is that she was found with punch marks on her face and bite marks on her hands.
Also, the impact of the car was from the left but it was found that her right arms and right side were broken and injured which is suspected was inflicted even before the accident. Sana's last moments were filled with fear, severe pain and horror.

He had beaten her till she became unconscious and to cover up his tracks, he sped the car and banged it on a pole at the passenger side. Nothing happened to him but she was severely injured.

Sana while she was alive spread positivity, motivated people and inspired women to go on their life's adventures. Though her husband abused her, she still fought back and via her motorcycle filled strength within herself. But life's cruel fate dealt a bad card to her and took her away from us.

Nadeem is on the run, he has kidnapped Ali and run away with his mother was was an equal partner in Sana's torture. She mentally harassed and poisoned Nadeem's ears.

https://www.facebook.com/deepika.bha...59866013980221
amit_mechengg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 17:27   #24885
BHPian

All the story behind, plus the point of impact shown in the above pics, makes a part of our mind to think that its a murder. but still, the driver in me is not accepting it.
If its a murder then that guy has very good driving skills indeed.
OT: Whatever it is, that lady had a miserable life and death. RIP.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks