Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2018, 10:22   #27286
Team-BHP Support

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
July 2017 was the last time I drove there in my KA registered car. Two of our familes were staying in a Masinagudi resort. We went to Ooty because the wives wanted to buy some chocolates and we just wanted to drive. While getting down, Police stopped us for sure but when we told where we were staying, they let us go. Although this blanket rule is absurd, from their perspective, that's the easiest if not the best thing that they can do I feel. Some tourists just don't understand driving on the hills is different to driving on plains.
If there is a need to restrict

Best way to enforce this is for the resorts to work with the police and notify which vehicles are coming to the resort or for the tourist to show some kind of reservation proof
Old 6th October 2018, 22:32   #27287
Senior - BHPian

A huge hoarding collapsed in Pune at a busy junction. Apparently the contractors men started cutting it from the bottom while removing it. (Not sure about the authenticity of this fact; it was received on whatsapp). Link to the news - https://www.timesnownews.com/mirror-...rrested/295191

Sadly 4 people passed away in the incident. Viewer discretion is advised - though it does not contain any drastic scenes.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 23:28   #27288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
At least 20 people were killed and 16 injured after an “overcrowded” minibus fell into a deep gorge in Ramban district on Saturday, PTI reported. The driver lost control over the vehicle which rolled down the 200-ft-deep gorge on Jammu-Srinagar national highway.
Source: https://indianexpress.com/article/in...-dead-5389683/
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2018, 23:53   #27289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Sadly 4 people passed away in the incident. Viewer discretion is advised - though it does not contain any drastic scenes.
This is true and very much in the news. The criminal liability needs to be fixed and the guilty need to be apprehended and jailed. Its total negligence, irresponsibility and disregard to follow proper procedures by the concerned contractor and the authorities.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 10:49   #27290
BHPian

Two die, 23 injured as bus falls from Dhimbam ghat road

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...campaign=cppst
virgopal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 08:07   #27291
BHPian

Innova accident in Andhra, 3 dead, 2 seriously injured.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3.jpg  

Old 8th October 2018, 22:16   #27292
Senior - BHPian

Happened on Bangalore - Kannur (Kerala) interstate border. Should have driven a little slowly in these stretches.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/stat...a-1882661.html
Quote:
Madikeri: A tamed elephant, notorious for having killed two persons in Ramnagar, before it was captured three years back, was killed in a road accident during the wee hours of Monday.

The 45-year-old elephant, named Ranga aka Rowdy Ranga was left to graze by himself. It was hit by a private bus at around 2 am and suffered a broken hip and was administered first aid by a veterinary doctor.

However, it died later in the morning. The Ponnampet police have registered a case and have arrested the
driver of ‘Kalpaka’ private bus.

Ranga was brought to Mathigodu Elephant Camp in Nagarhole Forest Belt around three years back from Bengaluru.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20181008wa0005.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20181008wa0004.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20181008wa0003.jpg

Last edited by balenoed_ : 8th October 2018 at 22:22.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 07:53   #27293
Senior - BHPian

Goa Lawmaker's Car Set On Fire After Son Injures One In Accident

Quote:
A video clip surfaced showing the car, which is registered in the name of the Goa MLA, being set on fire by a mob.
Quote:
A BMW car of a Goa BJP MLA was torched by villagers along the Goa-Belgaum highway, around 50 km from the inter-state border in Karnataka, late yesterday evening after his son who was driving the car met with an accident injuring a local person.
News Source.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 08:25   #27294
BHPian

Goa MLA's car set on fire after his son allegedly mows down a girl in Belagavi.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/m.tim...w/66127500.cms

Even if we have a Dashcam, incidents of mob fury, where the local mob becomes the judge, jury and executioner, makes one see why some people flee the spot and surrender in local police station rather than humanitarian and legal way of stopping and helping the victim.

More details of the incident are yet to surface.
Old 9th October 2018, 19:34   #27295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
Innova accident in Andhra, 3 dead, 2 seriously injured.
Looks like Marazzo to me. Can someone confirm?
Old 9th October 2018, 20:19   #27296
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Marazzo has a floating roof.
This one indeed looks like a Innova
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 10:46   #27297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Marazzo has a floating roof.
This one indeed looks like a Innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
Not at all, I agree with SDP, this is not a Marazzo. Just look at the 3rd row window design in the picture below (yellow encircled). Marazzo third row window design is very unique.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accidentis-marazzo.png
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 11:53   #27298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Not at all, I agree with SDP, this is not a Marazzo. Just look at the 3rd row window design in the picture below (yellow encircled). Marazzo third row window design is very unique.

Thanks for clarification. Somehow the front got me confused; however your representation clears all doubts
Old 10th October 2018, 11:56   #27299
BHPian

Re: Is this video for real??? Wagon R runs over boy, miraculous survival!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
A few days ago, I got a WhatsApp forward of a video of a boy getting run over by a Wagon-R and surprisingly escaping unscathed. I just could not believe it!

I went over the video multiple times and concluded that it was edited. The position of the boy before the car starts going over him, and after it has crossed him was opposite...inspite of the good ground clearance of the Wagon-R, I did not think it possible for a boy getting run over, to turn over as the car was passing over him, and come out unscathed.

BUT, it came in the news the next day, and it was claimed to be a real happening .

Hi
I also saw this video it was a maroon coloured wagon R being driven by a lady. I was so disturbed by the video that I was not able to sleep for two days, while thanking the almighty foe the little miracles that happen every day.

Even before seeing this video the rule that I always follow is to move around the car and visually check for any abnormalities like a toy stuck underneath or the tyre pressure since most of the times the car is parked in basement parking which is also the playground for the children in my apartment.

Luckily this habit was inculcated in me by my dad when he taught me driving.

Another rule of the thumb is "absolutely dead slow" while moving the car out of and into the parking with ample use of horn . Its a good idea to stop at the gate before entering the basement parking as the vision might take time to spot things when moving from a light area to a dark area and ensure that the kids/children are away and with elders or the watchman especially when reversing the car.

While most of the people are always in a hurry to reach the place. It's better to be safe and careful for us and others than being sorry.

Let us as Team-BHPians be the synonym of safe driving.

Regards
Sushil Narayanan

Last edited by navin : 10th October 2018 at 12:21. Reason: Spell check, grammar, typos, paragraphs, ....
sushil_n79 is offline   (6) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 10th October 2018, 14:04   #27300
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Happened on Bangalore - Kannur (Kerala) interstate border. Should have driven a little slowly in these stretches.
This was very sad.

I saw the bus today in Bangalore, it seems to have got released in no time from the Police authority
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks