Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2018, 11:56   #27526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Quite a lot of bad crashes during the last week end. Here is one more. (Which car is this, Safari?)
As Hemanth said, this is a Hexa. The seats and the plastic on the wheel arch give it away. If this is a rental, then aren't all rental Hexas limited to 80 kmph? Looking at the way the car has mangled, seems like the vehicle crashed at its full speed and no attempt was made to slow the car down. Speculation on my part, but could it be a case of driver dozing off or driving under influence?
esoticoreventon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 12:17   #27527
Team-BHP Support

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Interesting to see that there seems to be no cross-members in the door frame. How does the hexa door feel (weight), when open/closing ? I have travelled once, but dont remember enough.
You can see the bent crossmember bent out of the door towards the right
ajmat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 13:37   #27528
BHPian

A TSRTC city bus lost control and jumped the divider killing two, who are waiting on the divider to cross the road. This happened near Bharath nagar flyover on Sunday Morning. A video footage is available in youtube and it is very disturbing.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bus.jpg  

Hickstead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 14:00   #27529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Quite a lot of bad crashes during the last week end. Here is one more.
"The car went out of control of the driver"

I can hardly be bothered to comment on this stuff any longer
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2018, 19:16   #27530
BHPian

These RENTAL CAR accidents are on the rise everyday which is pretty sad not only for the lives being lost but also because the rental rates will increase leading to a situation where you would pay much more than you would have otherwise.

People think if they can drive CAR NO1 they can drive CAR NO2 also similarly which is often never the case. Every car has its own character, its own sweet spot and when you push a laid-back car too hard bad things happen.
Old 3rd December 2018, 19:52   #27531
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
You can see the bent crossmember bent out of the door towards the right
You mean the twin-pipe looking thing that has its one end wrapped around the fender ? Then its even scarier, isn't it? How come it came off easily, while the rest of the bottom half of the frame is relatively in its place? Also, it doesn't look as if anybody removed it by force for rescue purpose.

Last edited by GTO : 5th December 2018 at 07:59. Reason: typo
Old 3rd December 2018, 19:58   #27532
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
you mean the twin-pipe looking thing that has its one end wrapped around the fender ? Then its even scarier, isn't it ? How come it came off easily, while the rest of the bottom half of the frame is relatively in its place ? Also, it doesn't look as if anybody removed it by force for rescue purpose.
I think it did its job although it was futile. The cross rail is bent though. It must have separated when the outer door skin peeled off or was removed to access occupants. Too little info to assume anything.

Last edited by GTO : 5th December 2018 at 07:59. Reason: quoted post edited
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 09:53   #27533
Senior - BHPian

Re: XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Just came across this accident of a toppled Hyundai Creta. Both the front airbags deployed in this case.

https://Youtu.be/vBuEIa9qh9U

Few things I noticed.
1. Trucker brakes hard in his lane and also starts his hazard lights Time 1:05.
2. People straighten out the toppled car this could aggravate a neck injury (if any) to occupants.
3. The wheel has come off, Why?

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 10:41   #27534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
"The car went out of control of the driver"

Sir,
This statement reminds me of the dialog in the movie Unstoppable, when the two Railway employee report about the runaway train =" It got away" and the manager says " What do you mean it got away, It's not a chipmunk for chrisssake"
kutoos is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 14:20   #27535
Distinguished - BHPian

On 2nd December, at 12:30 AM in Chromepet GST road (Chennai), we were in our TUV 300, on the way to Hosur. We spotted a rashly driven Ford Aspire. He zipped and zapped his way ahead of us but still got caught up in the traffic at Pallavaram, with the flyover construction. The fool spotted an open stretch to floor it, only to ram a Honda Jazz in the rear. I have it all on my dashcam but the video clip which shows the number plate of the Aspire after impact got overwritten. The clip I have (which shows the moment of impact) doesn't show the number plate clearly, so I can't prove my point that it's the same rash driver I have on tape from earlier...

But anyway, it happened. We all had a nice show (at the expense of the Jazz's owner sadly though). My brother-in-law had actually predicted that he'll crash when we first spotted him. But we had no idea that we'd get see a case of instant Karma!
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 15:53   #27536
Distinguished - BHPian

It's so unfortunate that instant karma on the roads so often hurts the innocent; else I would wish for a lot more of it.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 08:48   #27537
BANNED

Quote:
You mean the twin-pipe looking thing that has its one end wrapped around the fender ? Then its even scarier, isn't it? How come it came off easily, while the rest of the bottom half of the frame is relatively in its place? Also, it doesn't look as if anybody removed it by force for rescue purpose.
The side impact beams have been pulled to one side as a result of rescue operations. I have witnessed a couple of rescue operations in the past and in most cases, no professionals with proper tools and equipment will be present. It will be at the discretion of local helping hands who selflessly try their best to rescue the occupants at any cost.

Having said this, the side impact beams in most cars are no vault like structures - can be pulled apart using a crow-bar with reasonable force.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 10:01   #27538
BHPian

Re: XUV500: Severe crash, but not a single airbag deployed (driver injured)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
Few things I noticed.
1. Trucker brakes hard in his lane and also starts his hazard lights Time 1:05.
2. People straighten out the toppled car this could aggravate a neck injury (if any) to occupants.
3. The wheel has come off, Why?
Rahul
Yes, very rare to find a truck with all lights getting used.
The car most probably collided with the concrete that is sticking out of the median, because it's a culvert of some sort. This impact would have resulted in the wheel coming off of the car swinging it to the left and toppling it in the process. There is also an overgrown bush a few meters before the culvert that could have obscured the driver's view of this particular piece of concrete "surprise" resulting in this mishap.

Completely agree to the second point.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 11:03   #27539
BHPian

TOI FB Page reported - "CISF personnel deployed for Rajasthan Assembly Election rescued 6 people trapped in a car after the vehicle met an accident near CISF Regional Training Centre (RTC) Behror."

Watch the rescue video:-

Old 8th December 2018, 11:42   #27540
Senior - BHPian

Poor cow gets unnecessarily hurt.

RM Motorsports is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks