Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2019, 19:05   #27826
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Found this Wagon R parked near a police station. Seems like it has rolled over. It had grass clippings on its wheel rims. I do not have any further details.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20190205_190100.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20190205_190002.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20190205_190152.jpg

Last edited by esoticoreventon : 5th February 2019 at 19:29.
Old 5th February 2019, 19:17   #27827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
Found this Wagon R parked near a police station. Seems like it has rolled over. It had grass clippings on its wheel rims. I do not have any further details.

Is it ok to just click pictures of somebody's damaged car or cars involved in accidents without their consent and post on an open forum?
Old 5th February 2019, 19:31   #27828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Is it ok to just click pictures of somebody's damaged car or cars involved in accidents without their consent and post on an open forum?
I have given it a thought as well, but ultimately I do not see why it shouldn't be posted. We are only trying to educate ourselves and try to prevent others from putting themselves in this situation. I have edited the images and masked the number plates.
esoticoreventon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 21:38   #27829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well, then this thread would not exist . Most cases, owners are no more to get consent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
I have given it a thought as well, but ultimately I do not see why it shouldn't be posted. .
We generally discuss on accidents where we have some clues to rant about and do the retrospection and educate ourselves. Else we would end up being an accident images gallery if we bring in the ones dumped at police stations or body repair shops.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 21:51   #27830
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Harrier after an accident and that too in a dealer. Looks like a hit in a pole or something.

Source:

https://gaadiwaadi.com/first-tata-ha...ll-places/amp/
Old 5th February 2019, 22:27   #27831
BHPian

Quote:

If a vehicle is out in public regardless of if it's in an accident or not, anyone has right to take a picture of it. Even the number doesn't have to be masked except people like to mask it with a thought for owner's privacy. There is this ethical question of if people should be taking pictures of gruesome accidents but that's a different argument I would rather not get in.

In short, there is no reasonable expectation of privacy in a public road or even when it's in a private property which could be seen from a public road.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 5th February 2019 at 22:29.
Yieldway17 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 22:45   #27832
BHPian

Well this did not take long.
No idea on the details. Got it as a WhatsApp forward in TDI pan India WhatsApp group. Vehicle seems to be MH registered.

Pic courtesy: whosoever has taken it
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20190205wa0005.jpg  

Last edited by theMAG : 5th February 2019 at 22:52. Reason: Post moved to appropriate thread.
Old 6th February 2019, 00:22   #27833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
These events can happen at any place in any time
No way. It very much requires a human to do it!

Pre-delivery? Very sad. Hope the customer gets a proper, never-bent vehicle, without any hassle.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 00:29   #27834
BHPian

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...le25872331.ece

"The speeding SUV hit the crash barrier and plunged into a 800-foot-deep gorge. Vishnu was allegedly flung out of the vehicle and was found stuck in a tree.

The others were caught inside the vehicle, from which they were pulled out later by local people. The injured have been admitted to Palani Government Hospital.
"

This is why everybody in the car must wear a seatbelt. Those who don't wear seatbelts are potential projectiles dangerous to the other occupants of the car. We, as responsible car owners, should refuse to start the car until everyone buckles up and inculcate the habit from childhood by giving our children age appropriate child seats.
RIP.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ma01kodaicar.jpeg  

Arwin07 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 01:05   #27835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post

"The speeding SUV hit the crash barrier and plunged into a 800-foot-deep gorge. Vishnu was allegedly flung out of the vehicle and was found stuck in a tree.

RIP.
Is it the old gen Innova? Sad to see youths losing lives because of such incidents. Hope the injured recover quickly.
Old 6th February 2019, 08:30   #27836
BHPian

Found this on Facebook. Not posted another photo the post has because it is too gory. Posting the link at the end
Quote:
Accident in NH45 near ulundurpet
Due to a tyre burst in a 50 days old dzire, it rammed the median and enters the opposite lane! And there comes a just registered vitara breeza head on head collision and dzire had a severe rollover
All 4 members who travelled in dzire died on spot.
Link

Mods: please merge back to back posts.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-fb_img_1549421695394.jpg  

Last edited by Neeraj1903 : 6th February 2019 at 08:37.
Neeraj1903 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 10:01   #27837
Distinguished - BHPian

Another Tire burst theory and the car jumping the median! There won't be a change to such conclusions even after a decade and most of the times the car always jumps the median and never gets off the road beyond the shoulder on the left hand side after a tire burst and that means, it is always the right hand side tire that bursts first and then jumps the median!
paragsachania is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 10:08   #27838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Another Tire burst theory and the car jumping the median! There won't be a change to such conclusions even after a decade and most of the times the car always jumps the median and never gets off the road beyond the shoulder on the left hand side after a tire burst and that means, it is always the right hand side tire that bursts first and then jumps the median!
There is an equal number of stories about "the car's tyre burst, it hit the crash barrier and fell down a ghat"

Fall asleep at the wheel, or suddenly swerve to avoid a dog or pedestrian, and lose control - you'll hit the median, or a crash barrier, quite easily, and the impact of that should generally be enough to cause a tyre burst especially if the tyre has been over inflated.

Tyre pressure wallahs at petrol pumps always seem to fill air according to their own notions rather than what the manufacturer recommends, unless you insist on a specific psi. For example, they automatically set the pressure to 36 when I take my Scorpio, and I have to tell them to adjust it down to 32. Even then you'll get a "no sir, Scorpio means it is good to have 36 sir" at times ..
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 10:10   #27839
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
you'll hit the median, or a crash barrier, quite easily, and the impact of that should generally be enough to cause a tyre burst especially if the tyre has been over inflated.
Agreed and long ago I had shared by experience too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Just a light brush of the sidewall at 60KMPH for few seconds and the tire will burst. I say this as It has happened with me way back in 2010 near Mehasana (GJ) when I was driving an Indica and the Auto suddenly jumped out of its lane to overtake another one that stopped.

A classic case as it may have been here too, the tire in all probability would have burst "during" the accident rather than the actual cause. A vehicle hitting the median itself is a good impact for the tire to burst and then jumping the median.

Interestingly - All accidents that media reports where cars jump median to the other side are a result of "burst tire".
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 11:00   #27840
Senior - BHPian

CTU bus accident in Chandigarh.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-51186839_2470338659675191_4684000077847461888_n.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks