Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2019, 10:39   #28831
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Some observations of the bus vs bike video from Facebook.
1. Can't comment on the speed of the bus, but he was mostly driving in the fast lane and overtaking other vehicles easily.
2. The bike person seems to have been taken by surprise when the bus went past him and probably panicked. Till the moment the bus overtook him, he thought he had enough space to continue onto the bridge.
On the same page on Facebook, there is another CCTV accident of a head on collision of a car with bus (?in Kerala). The CCTV date says 26th June. Wonder what happened to the car passengers.

BenjiRoss is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th June 2019, 11:48   #28832
Senior - BHPian

A taxi(Innova) carrying 11 people on board met with an accident and 7 people have died on the spot. According to the police, the vehicle hit the median and flipped 5 times. And they suspect tire burst as the probable cause. RIP the deceased.

More info from TOI.
Old 29th June 2019, 15:51   #28833
BHPian

What are the options that we have against bus and truck drivers on the road who are trying to kill us? They seem to have the opinion that they're racing in the grand prix, and that cars can be knocked out like in video games. It's all fun until one day entire families are lost.
hrk997 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2019, 19:37   #28834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
One question to be asked to the endy owner, did he forget to install indicators in the car when he purchased other accessories or does he really knows that such a feature exists in his car, if he is not aware: other than only driving around.
Even if the Endy had indicated it's intention to turn, it should have waited and ensured that the there is no oncoming traffic. Just switching on the indicator doesn't absolve our duty to watch before crossing. In this case, Endy should have been watchful before crossing.

Last edited by DImPo : 29th June 2019 at 19:38.
DImPo is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 20:04   #28835
Senior - BHPian

I dont think this is the right place to post this but it too good not to post

Have a look at this tiger attack!

Not mine. Received on WhatsApp
sridhu is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th June 2019, 22:48   #28836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
I dont think this is the right place to post this but it too good not to post

Have a look at this tiger attack!

Not mine. Received on WhatsApp
This happened in Wayanad, Kerala at the Pambra forest on the Sultanbattery- Pulpally route.
cooljai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 08:36   #28837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljai View Post
This happened in Wayanad, Kerala at the Pambra forest on the Sultanbattery- Pulpally route.
Apparently there is some confusion as to where this was shot - the location you mention or in Bandipur (as per Kannada news channels). The clue seems to be the yellow-coloured milestone and the culvert that immediately follows, at the 0:21 point of the Youtube video.

Malayala Manorama is reporting that it was shot by KL forest department officials, but they can't accept ownership because it was shot in violation of departmental guidelines. The Range Officer has ordered an inquiry it seems.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 09:18   #28838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Apparently there is some confusion as to where this was shot - the location you mention or in Bandipur (as per Kannada news channels).
According to the original uploader, the location is pambra, wayanad. He had posted on reddit also and had answered a few queries. But didn't "own" the video maybe due to obvious reasons.

bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 11:09   #28839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
On the same page on Facebook, there is another CCTV accident of a head on collision of a car with bus (?in Kerala). The CCTV date says 26th June. Wonder what happened to the car passengers.

Many people are referring to this video. The media given this news as KeSRTC bus hit a car and people died/injured, though the mistake was completely from the car side. On the same lines, the car vs bike video media is unnecessarily blaming KeSRTC when there is no fault on their side. Sorry, I am not sure what happened to the car passengers in this case.

Media is actually trying to tarnish the image of KeSRTC to favor private bus lobby in Kerala.

Last edited by deemash : 1st July 2019 at 11:14.
deemash is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 14:40   #28840
BHPian

Quote:
what happened to the car passengers.
Heard that one lady and kid was there inside car and lady is seriously injured.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sww1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sww2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sww3.jpg  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 1st July 2019 at 17:09. Reason: fixed quote
arungeorge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 16:02   #28841
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arungeorge View Post
I am sorry for her, and hope the child is ok, but it is only to be expected when crossing to the wrong side of the road and ramming a bus head on. Actually... hope she has to pay for the bus damage!
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 16:50   #28842
BHPian

Quote:
what happened to the car passengers.

Crumple zones seem to have done a good job.
If that hood didn't stop the bus, bus would have ended up in the rear seat of the car.
Pillars too took the brunt and kept the passenger shell in the best possible shape, given the circumstances.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 1st July 2019 at 17:08. Reason: fixed quote
Old 1st July 2019, 17:09   #28843
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTified View Post
Crumple zones seem to have done a good job.
If that hood didn't stop the bus, bus would have ended up in the rear seat of the car.
Pillars too took the brunt and kept the passenger shell in the best possible shape, given the circumstances.
You are talking about a previous generation ‘Maruti’ Dzire top end car. How can we arrive at such a conclusion when there is a probability of bus coming to a dead stop before moving further ‘into’ the car, which I believe is the case here. If you check deeply into the pictures, a bend is visible above the left front door.

Edit: I had only seen the pics, watched the video after posting the above comment. It looks like the bus swerved right at the moment of impact and the grunt of the impact was mostly concentrated at the middle portion of the Dzire, between the A pillars.

Last edited by pavi : 1st July 2019 at 17:22.
Old 1st July 2019, 17:13   #28844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arungeorge View Post
I am curious about this accident. Did something happen at the last minute that made the driver get distracted and lose control ? If you see the moment of impact, the car veers to the right and tries a last minute left turn but unsuccessful.

Did the kid (assuming less than 10 year) throw some tantrum or tried moving around inside the car and let's say hit the driver's arm (i see this happening and parents are cool about it).

Or was there a phone call etc that made the driver emotional/stressed out and decided to crash ?

Highly unlikely that sleep caused the accident but was the driver taking some medicine (lets say cough syrup etc) which caused mild drowsiness or momentary blackout ?

A root cause analysis will help understand the reasons and can also be used by police/enforcement authorities to educate drivers on safe driving practices. I hope the passengers are out of danger. Really shocking to see the video.

And i also a reason why the bus bodies should have full face (I do not know what they call technically but the low hung front end of Volvo B7R/B9R/Mercedes/Scania might reduce the damage in such cases !) The KeSRTC non volvo buses can definitely gobble up a low slung car.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 1st July 2019 at 19:33. Reason: edited
Old 1st July 2019, 17:52   #28845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
You are talking about a previous generation ‘Maruti’ Dzire top end car. How can we arrive at such a conclusion when there is a probability of bus coming to a dead stop before moving further ‘into’ the car, which I believe is the case here.
Its relative dear.
Even if the bus came to a dead halt but the car ploughed ahead, the bus can end up in the rear seat of the car. But, that bonnet seem to have worked as an extra layer of protection [don't think it a ACTIVE bonnet setup there], besides the engine, to soften the blow, then the pillars came into the rescue act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
If you check deeply into the pictures, a bend is visible above the left front door.
That is why I used the words "bore the brunt". They took the hit and bent bit made sure that the passenger compartment remained in some acceptable shape.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks