Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2019, 18:07   #29581
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
A man had a miraculous escape when a bus hit him and dragged him for a while.
Looks like the blue bus tried to enter the main road from an intersection of sorts without checking the KeSRTC bus. The person is extremely lucky to escape the accident.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th September 2019 at 18:17. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Jerryaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 19:11   #29582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryaj View Post
Looks like the blue bus tried to enter the main road from an intersection of sorts without checking the KeSRTC bus. The person is extremely lucky to escape the accident.
You are right. This is seen in the 1st second of the clip. He enters, notices the bus coming in (which swerves to avoid hitting) and then moves to the edge of the turn where bikes are parked and knocks them down like dominoes. The guy is lucky he got caught behind the wheel!
Old 19th September 2019, 22:11   #29583
Distinguished - BHPian

As I was passing one of the maxi-cab share autos, the driver started to pull out. A bike tried to go for closing gap. No chance. It was a bit like a cork trying to push itself into a bottle.

Cross words were exchanged. The guy (with wife pillion) got quite upset that my wife used the disrepectful form of "go" in Tamil!

Unfortunately, I didn't think to check the car, having not felt or heard any impact. On our arrival at our destination, we found a nasty V-shaped dent on the leading part of the rear, left door. Hey Ho, when I last looked, denting and painting by dealer service or similar, was 7,000 per panel. Enough to hurt, but not enough to claim insurance.

Funnily enough it was the same door.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 13:04   #29584
Senior - BHPian

Another juvenile driver, another fatal accident. Attaching a screenshot as I somehow couldn't copy the details here.

Name:  Screen Shot 20190921 at 08.32.36.png
Views: 5551
Size:  325.2 KB

Father of the juvenile will face action once the age of the teen is established in court. More details from the article in TOI here.
Old 21st September 2019, 17:22   #29585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
As I was passing one of the maxi-cab share autos, the driver started to pull out. A bike tried to go for closing gap. No chance. It was a bit like a cork trying to push itself into a bottle.
Sorry to hear this. You are one of the last person on this forum i expected to hear to get involved in an accident. Hope all gets fixed soon and you and the missus put this annoying incident behind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Another juvenile driver, another fatal accident.
This is why the new Motor Vehicles Act needs to be implemented across India. They have quite strict rules against underage driving. If the public does not fear the law/rules, what positive change can we expect?!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd September 2019 at 00:30. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi quote option (Quote+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks.
DriverR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 19:18   #29586
BHPian

An ideal way of infusing discipline on roads will b to seize the offending vehicle. Initially the period of seizure can be a couple of days and it should increase for repeat offences and also gravity of the offence. Authorities should identify a big, barricaded area away from cities and the offender in person made to personally to handover and also collect the vehicle. Adequate security should be arranged but not assured, this will instill fear of leaving the vehicle.This will be a better deterrent than paying hefty fines. Or both options can be given and offender can choose
Mohammed4rmhyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 19:34   #29587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
Sorry to hear this. You are one of the last person on this forum i expected to hear to get involved in an accident. Hope all gets fixed soon and you and the missus put this annoying incident behind you.
It's kind of you to say so, but truth is that I have had several accidents, and they have not all been the other guy's fault! And even when they were, it was avoidable.

Usually, my wife shushes me when I'm cursing and shouting at others (letting off steam: I did driving yoga now for long enough not to get genuinely upset) and it was nice to see her giving the guy a piece of her mind! Probably I should have shouted at the share-auto guy too, but shouting time was over, and I just waved to him as we all went on our separate ways.

Repair bills are always a pain, but it's just part of driving except for the saints and the extraordinarily lucky. The door will be made good again some time soon.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 19:36   #29588
BHPian

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/71235135.cms

Pic Courtesy: Samayam Tamil news.

In a case of overtaking gone wrong, 4 adults and a toddler died on the spot when their Alto collided with a lorry head on near Namakkal, Tamilnadu. RIP.
1 person is in critical condition.

1. I never overtake in blind curves or when visibility is less. I find most drivers around me taking unnecessary risk by blind overtaking while I wait for a safe chance to overtake. These drivers are safe for most attempts, but when overtaking goes wrong, they become a part of such bad news.

2. I wish to live in an India where only cars with a minimum 3 star Global NCAP ratings can ply on road.

3. An Alto loaded with 5 people will have different driving dynamics than driving it solo.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-samayamtamil.jpg  

Last edited by Arwin07 : 21st September 2019 at 19:38.
Arwin07 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 19:49   #29589
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post
1. I never overtake in blind curves or when visibility is less. I find most drivers around me taking unnecessary risk by blind overtaking while I wait for a safe chance to overtake. These drivers are safe for most attempts, but when overtaking goes wrong, they become a part of such bad news.

2. I wish to live in an India where only cars with a minimum 3 star Global NCAP ratings can ply on road.

I wish to live in an India where there are more people like you on the road: people that think about their own safety, and that of others, and drive accordingly.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 22:00   #29590
BHPian

3 people, including a minor, were killed after Rally driver Gaurav Gill's car hit a motorcycle during a National Rally Championship race on Saturday.

Despite warnings and barricades, the motorcycle entered into the rally zone. A family has been wiped off. Gaurav's Car was the first, so, the motorist was caught by surprise. It seems Gaurav tried his best to avoid.

The Rally has been called off.

RIP
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 23:26   #29591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/71235135.cms

3. An Alto loaded with 5 people will have different driving dynamics than driving it solo.
The passenger cabin seems to be intact. Believe non of the passengers were wearing the seat belt.
Old 22nd September 2019, 09:35   #29592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
3 people, including a minor, were killed after Rally driver Gaurav Gill's car hit a motorcycle during a National Rally Championship race on Saturday.

RIP
Another image of the accident.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20190922wa0012.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd September 2019 at 09:39. Reason: Removing pic with the dead bodies. Please be kind to the departed souls. Thanks.
Old 22nd September 2019, 11:03   #29593
Distinguished - BHPian

Couple of more pics:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-70880506_2707485539303178_2604778556990947328_o.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-70840844_2707485649303167_5434684009554640896_o.jpg
Old 22nd September 2019, 11:13   #29594
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post

The Rally has been called off.

RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by arungeorge View Post
Another image of the accident.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Couple of more pics:

Gaurav Gill's accident is being discussed in a separate thread.

Link (Round 3 FMSCI INRC - accident killed 3 on a bike who entered the track)

Last edited by BoneCollector : 22nd September 2019 at 11:14.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 11:40   #29595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
we found a nasty V-shaped dent on the leading part of the rear, left door. Enough to hurt, but not enough to claim insurance.
I had a similar dent on the left rear door when my wife hit a pillar while parking in our apartment, enough to hurt but not enough to claim insurance.
I thought I will get it done once the same door takes another hit.

It's been 4 years since and the particular door hasn't been dented again. 🤣
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks