Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2019, 12:13   #29926
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
This accident is a great lesson on how not to overtake.
Actually, this accident is a great lesson to those drivers who think frantically flashing headlights, apart from falsely warning the oncoming traffic about your presence in their lane will also result in automatic steering correction after a totally wrong maneuver.

Talk about flashing of headlights, its the first thing drivers learn today and start indulging in it even on some absolutely normal looking lanes within a city - GIVE ME WAY, MY BRAKES HAVE FAILED!
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 15:52   #29927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Look how the dynamics changes with simple steering inputs. This accident is a great lesson on how not to overtake.
I believe this one was posted earlier. I look at most of these "losing control" accidents such as this one and the one where the gti understeered, hit the barrier and went over the flyover, and shake my head thinking about how many of these accidents could have been avoided, not with less speed or less aggression but simply by understanding the importance of accurate throttle input and thus remaining in a lower gear at all times. The Polo zooming across a concrete surface with less traction, would have benefited from being in atleast 3rd gear and so would the Brezza considering the wet surface it was on. When will we learn to produce better drivers in this country

Last edited by Sheel : 4th December 2019 at 16:15. Reason: Please avoid quoting the video link. It inconveniences our mobile readers. Thank you.
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 17:54   #29928
Senior - BHPian

Still dwelling on 'Losing Control' of a vehicle, here is an incident overnight from Thiruppur in Tamilnadu n
A car drives into a security guard sitting on the sidewalk. As per news report, a 13 year old child was learning to drive the car.

The 65 year old man was injured and admitted in hospital, but did not file a case. More details in the news articles.
https://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...al-2071327.amp

https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...ht-cctv-113444
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 20:32   #29929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
A fatal accident at Mangaluru.
This is really scary. Thank God, the truck did not run over the head of the auto driver (at 0:13).
Tom Sooraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 20:56   #29930
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Still dwelling on 'Losing Control' of a vehicle ... ... ...
Generally, it means never having been properly in control in the first place.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 11:00   #29931
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The 65 year old man was injured and admitted in hospital, but did not file a case. More details in the news articles.
Paid off, I guess.. the father would've had too much to lose if the man had filed a case. In India money works well to compensate for stupidity and lack of skill.

The Brezza accident is another case of stupidity, in an already narrow 2 lane road (trademark Kerala style) he decides to play Bourne Identity and fulfill the urges of his right leg (press the accelerator to the floor that's it, steering and brakes can be thought of later).

Rash and underaged driving should come with a minimum of 10 years rigorous imprisonment, under influence of alcohol should be life imprisonment. I've had enough of these heavily reatarded individuals jumping onto their cars and bikes and using public roads as tracks for their useless entertainment.
dark.knight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 12:09   #29932
BHPian

Quote:
An overtaking move gone wrong. I'm not sure of the location and the outcome of passengers.
1. I don't know why the ?Brezza went so wide to overtake the car. It almost went off the other edge of the road!
2. Why did he swerve back so rapidly - was it because he hit the other edge of the road or panicked, thinking the oncoming bike/scorpio were too close
3. There was a gentle curve on the road which would have made the visibility and anticipation of oncoming traffic quite difficult.
4. Physics resulted in the toppling over of the vehicle.
5. Was ABS feature available in this vehicle?
I don't understand why the brezza driver had to go so wide, the 800 wasn't swerving right or anything.
It seems as if he wanted the oncoming bike to slow down and give way, it didn't, and thought - yeah maybe if I inch a bit more closer to his side, he'll move because of fear.

Stupid decision, and even more stupid is that sudden swerve to get back into the lane. Seriously, what does he think he drives to assume that won't go wrong, AMG G63?
It's a normal car, mate. Don't overestimate it's abilities.

Last edited by SaiSW : 5th December 2019 at 12:11.
Old 5th December 2019, 14:55   #29933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
I don't understand why the brezza driver had to go so wide, the 800 wasn't swerving right or anything.
Perks of having an absolute moron behind the wheel. Too many things were wrong in that video. I'm assuming the driver has little to zilch experience driving an SUV.

1. The driver went far too wide while overtaking.
2. Applying brakes too early while attempting to cut off the 800 and merge back into the correct lane at the same time.
3. Cutting too sharply back into the lane.
4. Over correcting, that too much earlier than the input should have been done. This is what induced the drift and ultimately led to the crash.

SUV's hate sudden directional changes. Period. To have done it on a wet road twice over shows inexperience of epic proportions. The driver might have barely pulled it off it were a sedan but with a SUV, stands no chance at all.
longhorn is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 15:33   #29934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post

The real number 1 would be overtaking in the face of oncoming traffic.

After somebody else mentioned that over-wide swerve, I posted a theory that alcohol might have been involved. The manouvre and the way it is done seems to go beyond just arrogance and ignorance.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 15:42   #29935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Paid off, I guess.. the father would've had too much to lose if the man had filed a case. In India money works well to compensate for stupidity and lack of skill.

The Brezza accident is another case of stupidity, in an already narrow 2 lane road (trademark Kerala style) he decides to play Bourne Identity and fulfill the urges of his right leg (press the accelerator to the floor that's it, steering and brakes can be thought of later).

Rash and underaged driving should come with a minimum of 10 years rigorous imprisonment, under influence of alcohol should be life imprisonment. I've had enough of these heavily reatarded individuals jumping onto their cars and bikes and using public roads as tracks for their useless entertainment.
I fully agree with you. However, by paying a fine, they get away. The new rule viz. for under age drivers the parents will be held responsible is again a question mark. I have yet to see someone being made an example. The punishment should fit the crime, as I see it, it should be treated as a culpable homicide.
sparky@home is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 15:04   #29936
BHPian

Happened on Thursday in Pune. An elderly person crossing the road is crushed by the private bus. From the visuals, it looks like there was a red signal when he was crossing the road. When he's half way through, suddenly the traffic starts moving & he knocked by the bus. As per the news reports, the person died on the spot.

The incident is captured in the CCTV:
pkulkarni.2106 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 18:25   #29937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
Happened on Thursday in Pune. An elderly person crossing the road is crushed by the private bus. From the visuals, it looks like there was a red signal when he was crossing the road. When he's half way through, suddenly the traffic starts moving & he knocked by the bus. As per the news reports, the person died on the spot.

This is why one should always cross at the traffic signal. Sad way to die. With incoming vehicles headlights and the high engine, the bus driver definitely never saw the man. Maybe it is just me, but i feel the elderly in India just cannot cross the road properly (ie, they cross in a dangerous manner expecting traffic to stop for them).
DriverR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 23:21   #29938
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
... Maybe it is just me, but i feel the elderly in India just cannot cross the road properly (ie, they cross in a dangerous manner expecting traffic to stop for them).
They still act as if they lived in a time when drivers had manners? Certainly very wrong.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th December 2019, 23:23   #29939
BHPian

My friend's 40 days old Ertiga met with an accident on 3rd Dec night. My friend's Brother in Law was driving and was alone in the car and lucky that he got out without a scratch on him. He dozed off at the wheel after having a heavy dinner. The side guards on the road helped the car from rolling down into the ditch.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ertiga1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ertiga2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ertiga3.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ertiga4.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ertiga5.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ertiga6.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ertiga7.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ertiga8.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ertiga9.jpg

Last edited by BlackPearl : 7th December 2019 at 06:54. Reason: Rectified typo
TorqueTwist is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 00:05   #29940
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueTwist View Post
My friend's 40 days old Ertiga met with an accident on 3rd Dec night. My friend's Brother in Law was driving and was alone in the car and lucky that he got out without a scratch on him. He dozen off at the wheel after having a heavy dinner. The side guards on the road helped the car from rolling down into the ditch.
This is a speculation but, damn for such a heavy frontal impact why didn't the front airbags deploy?

The Ertiga gets front airbags as standard.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks