Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2019, 19:07   #30031
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post

What kind of mindless fools are these? Who’s at fault? You be the judge.

I don’t see the guy who’s recording, sticking to a lane either. He was in the middle, but the bike chap saw that one coming to him.
This is an old video. It's not recorded by a person rather it's a dashcam footage (there are signs of it on the video itself).

Not sure why the bus was in the middle of the road. Maybe because the driver saw the guy in the scooter hugging the median.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th December 2019 at 19:52. Reason: Removing YouTube URL. Repetition.
Old 20th December 2019, 19:41   #30032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
I have stopped traveling Friday afternoon to Monday morning, as these are the days when people who have no driving sense throng the highways.
This is true. I usually dread taking the car out on Sunday's as it is the time when the non-regular drivers(or even learners) have a field day due to lesser traffic. Closed ORVM's, changing lanes without indication, heavy foot on brake and so on....
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 20:42   #30033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
This is an old video.
This is the link to the original discussion post
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/road-...ml#post4559482

The points highlighted were the
1. Role of the JCB
2. The poor visibility by the bike and inability to stop for various reasons
3. Did the bike stall in front of the bus causing him to be unable to escape.
The biker died.
BenjiRoss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 20:49   #30034
BHPian

Quote:
This is an old video. It's not recorded by a person rather it's a dashcam footage (there are signs of it on the video itself).

Not sure why the bus was in the middle of the road. Maybe because the driver saw the guy in the scooter hugging the median.
Yes, I know it's a dashcam footage. What I meant was that I didn't find the bus guy (I just wasn't sure if it WAS a bus) sticking to one lane (either right or left).

The scooter guy being on the right shouldn't stop the bus from driving on the left, should it?

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 20th December 2019 at 20:51.
Old 20th December 2019, 21:28   #30035
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I know it's a dashcam footage. What I meant was that I didn't find the bus guy (I just wasn't sure if it WAS a bus) sticking to one lane (either right or left).

The scooter guy being on the right shouldn't stop the bus from driving on the left, should it?
I was just trying to point out that maybe the bus driver was on the right initially but drifted into the left lane to avoid passing close to the scooter on the right.

As for driving on the left lane, with my admittedly limited riding/driving experience, I have almost never seen a bus on the left lane for more than a few seconds especially when they are passing through towns where you would have slow moving traffic on that lane.
Old 20th December 2019, 21:54   #30036
BHPian

Quote:
As for driving on the left lane, with my admittedly limited riding/driving experience, I have almost never seen a bus on the left lane for more than a few seconds especially when they are passing through towns where you would have slow moving traffic on that lane.
True. Even most trucks on the highway insist on holding up the fast lane. This leaves us cars to stick to the left, where most of the traffic generally is.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 02:06   #30037
BHPian

Quote:

I don’t see the guy who’s recording, sticking to a lane either. He was in the middle, but the bike chap saw that one coming to him.
This is an old video from a year back and there were discussions on the accident hundreds of pages back. The motorcyclist died. He was to be blamed mostly and the backhoe played a minor part. The motorcyclist looked inexperienced to me at that time.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 21st December 2019 at 02:11.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 22:20   #30038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
11th Dec Kanyakumari, TamilNadu minibus accident CCTV footage.

Fortunately no casualties. One school girl in critical condition.
These mini bus drivers drive like crazy as if the roads are theirs. They drive fast for some time, then without any indication, apply sudden brake to pick the passengers up. I really hate driving with the mini buses around me.

Hope the girl recovers soon.
Tom Sooraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 23:12   #30039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I did ask about non deployment of airbags but came to know that occupants were not wearing seatbelts.
One picture shows that the driver side belt is buckled. Many drivers do this (to avoid seat belt warning) and sit "on" the belt. If that's what happened in this case as well, the airbags should've deployed. The other day I came across a video where an S Cross owner was also talking about non-deployment of airbags in his car.

And, credit where it's due, the occupant shell seems to have held up well considering the outer damage.

Last edited by self_driven : 22nd December 2019 at 23:14.
Old 23rd December 2019, 19:51   #30040
BHPian

Got an interesting WA forward today. It's actually a year old on YouTube, but I'd thought I'd share it here anyway.

Here's a screenshot of the same-
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20191223194534.jpg

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 23rd December 2019 at 19:52.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 21:37   #30041
BHPian

Nice share. I did notice on all new Eicher trucks there are more than one mirror each side. Also new trucks come with mirror on co-driver door, that shows what's next to the front left wheel of the truck. It's a good reminder though, not all trucks and buses have this mirror setup.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th December 2019 at 00:07. Reason: Fixed typos.
SS80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 10:58   #30042
BHPian

Truck carrying a decommissioned aircraft gets stuck under a bridge in Durgapur, West Bengal.

Old 24th December 2019, 11:21   #30043
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
Truck carrying a decommissioned aircraft gets stuck under a bridge in Durgapur, West Bengal.
Couldn't they simply deflate all the tyres of the trailer to a very low level and drive ahead? Not completely deflate as that will result in damages, but deflate to an extent that the trailer height may get reduced by 2-3 inches, move ahead and inflate again.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 24th December 2019 at 11:30. Reason: Removed video link from quoted post. Thanks.
VKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 11:39   #30044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
Nice share. I did notice on all new Eicher trucks there are more than one mirror each side. Also new trucks come with mirror on co-driver door, that shows what's next to the front left wheel of the truck. It's a good reminder though, not all trucks and buses have this mirror setup.
New trucks come with Two mirrors on RHS. First lightly convex Rear view, and one highly convex rear downward view that shows ground from front wheel to bumper end on complete RHS.
On LHS door there is one mirror to see near the LH front wheel. On LHS mirror stalk, there are rear view, rear downward view, one focused for blind spot immediately ahead of the truck, and one on the stalk to look ahead of the truck in front of you of you, from it's left side.
Please understand that mirrors and lights are the first victims of road rage, and if a truck drives in LH lane in populated area, or in area with many two wheelers, they stop the truck and mirrors , lights are broken, and visible parts of things like wiring looms ripped out. These will never be replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Couldn't they simply deflate all the tyres of the trailer to a very low level and drive ahead? Not completely deflate as that will result in damages, but deflate to an extent that the trailer height may get reduced by 2-3 inches, move ahead and inflate again.

They usually remove the shackle pins / bolts from suspension and let suspension bottom, then move either ahead or in reverse, and then jack each side one by one and put the pins back.

Rahul

Last edited by Rahul Rao : 24th December 2019 at 11:42.
Rahul Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 18:37   #30045
BANNED

Child falls off a moving car in Kerala. This accentuates the need to use child-lock when children were onboard.

wheelguy is offline   (13) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks