Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2019, 12:11   #30091
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeraj1903 View Post
A horrendous accident took place on Salem Highway yesterday morning.
From the other photos and videos on Facebook, it is clear that the truck was parked on the shoulder of a wide dual carriageway. It could be a case of falling asleep while driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post
A youth died and two more injured when two motorcycles collided head on near Hosur, TN, two days ago. RIP.
I have no words for this and I regularly see this kind of behaviour on Bangalore Roads. Somehow keeping their headlights on gives them the right of way on a narrow road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Rachakonda police recently tweeted this video highlighting the dangers of opening an umbrella on a moving two wheeler - something we see very often here in India.
Umbrellas, specially the good quality ones that do not fold backwards easily are a hazard even while walking. I have seen people struggling to maintain balance while trying to manage one. It is generally a good practice to maintain distance from a person walking on the side of the road with an umbrella while you are driving. At a moments notice they can get pushed towards you or their umbrellas snag on some part of the vehicle.

Same goes for any loosely worn Shawl, Dupatta or a Saree on two wheelers. They flap around in the wind like superman's cape and when they are not doing that, they cover the all important brake lamp.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 10:26   #30092
Senior - BHPian

Innova part of Karnataka CM's convoy met with an accident yesterday.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/73052958.cms

Last edited by PrideRed : 1st January 2020 at 10:31.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 14:19   #30093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
My goodness. What a tragic loss of life. I'm not even able to imagine the speed that they were doing in what is a small city car.

Absolutely tragic! This reminds me of when I was on the highway recently, cruising between 100-110 kmph, and I saw a Kwid rapidly approaching behind me. He eventually overtook me and pulled away, I remember thinking to myself 'what the hell is this guy doing in that small car' . He must have been doing 130 kmph easily, which is pretty much the limit for that car.

Many/most people just don't seem to understand the limitations of their machine and how to drive within those limits. This not only puts them in danger but other innocent people as well.
ROG_AK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 15:09   #30094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROG_AK View Post
Absolutely tragic! This reminds me of when I was on the highway recently, cruising between 100-110 kmph, and I saw a Kwid rapidly approaching behind me. He eventually overtook me and pulled away, I remember thinking to myself 'what the hell is this guy doing in that small car' . He must have been doing 130 kmph easily, which is pretty much the limit for that car.
Many/most people just don't seem to understand the limitations of their machine and how to drive within those limits. This not only puts them in danger but other innocent people as well.
Hardly surprising anymore isn't it?
I'm sure most of us have seen many cars as well as 2-wheelers being driven at their top speed with nary a thought being given to how quickly they can slow down.
Its all about how fast can this thing go. Never about how quickly can this thing come to a halt

Last edited by srvm : 1st January 2020 at 15:12.
srvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 17:11   #30095
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this accident today morning on Hosur road exit on NICE road. Not sure how, why and when it occurred.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20200102wa0007.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20200102wa0008.jpg
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 17:31   #30096
BHPian

Quote:
Rachakonda police recently tweeted this video highlighting the dangers of opening an umbrella on a moving two wheeler - something we see very often here in India.
Could have been even gory if there was a vehicle behind. But, how will people learn that they shouldn't do certain things while on the road.

Telecast these short videos in between the TV program's instead of the useless advertisements? or before the start of the film in theater's just like the Mukesh Ad for Tobacco? I believe it created an impact.
saisree is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 10:46   #30097
Senior - BHPian

On my recent Vellore to Chennai trip, i drove past a possible minor accident site. It looks like the school bus had either hit the bus ahead or some other vehicle. There was no obvious damage seen as i drove past.

What was more annoying was:
1. The backlog of traffic on both sides! On the unaffected side too we were crawling!
2. The school children were still in the bus. Although the exchange of words seemed qute calm, i hope the kids were not exposed to words or actions that would have traumatized them.
3. School bus safety on the highway is scary. They seem to have speed limiters, but most don't have any other safety features. Some have cameras for surveilence. On the highway a crash would result in enormous fatalities or injuries. It's true for any crash, but children may be more vulnerable. Also school bus drivers don't seem to have much driving etiquette. They merge and drive as they please and use the wrong side to save a few minutes.
Here is one such driver (thankfully with no children in the bus).
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 11:59   #30098
BHPian

Quote:
Here is one such driver (thankfully with no children in the bus)
That is shocking. That driver should be arrested and never should transport anyone let alone kids. And the genius thinks switching on the headlamps makes it all okay.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th January 2020 at 12:38. Reason: Removed video URL within quote.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 13:04   #30099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Innova part of Karnataka CM's convoy met with an accident yesterday.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/73052958.cms
I saw these idiots trying to bully their way through the traffic to go along with the CM convoy. This car along with a Swift had all their hazards on & were honking away to glory to make us LIP's (less important people) give way. The best part was the 2 wheelers and BTS buses cut them off immediately as soon as the convoy went ahead with caring for our VIP's & they got stuck at the signal. I guess this is the aftermath of them trying to catch-up with the convoy, which resulted in a poor auto driver getting injured.
car_addict is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 20:26   #30100
Distinguished - BHPian

S-Cross sandwiched between Etios and i20:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20200105wa0031.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20200105wa0030.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20200105wa0029.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20200105wa0028.jpg

Source : As received over WhatsApp
paragsachania is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 20:31   #30101
Senior - BHPian

EcoSport and indigo taxi, Coimbatore to Pollachi road. The ford is pointing in the wrong direction but the police said it was the indigo that came in the opposite lane.

Note that Ecosport's rear wheel is dislodged.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20200105_193513.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20200105_193527.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_20200105_193239.jpg  

ramzsys is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 21:19   #30102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Other side of Maruti’s build.

What led to the accident? Foggy conditions?
Old 5th January 2020, 21:36   #30103
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1953637

Attachment 1953638

Attachment 1953639

Attachment 1953640

Source : As received over WhatsApp
Good to see that Maruti did not actually crumple as expected from their tagged "tin can" build. On the other hand, the Etios' rear is completely pushed in. i20 suffered the most.
Old 5th January 2020, 21:37   #30104
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, that poor Etios driver had high hopes when he stuck on that sticker.

Surprisingly, that i20's front is beat to a pulp. Wonder what speeds each of these cars was doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Note that Ecosport's rear wheel is dislodged.
The Ford has done well with no intrusion into the cabin, even on the driver side. I don't see the airbags deployed though. Because judging by the look of the Indigo that's now scrap metal, they must've been traveling at respectable speeds (velocity vectors add up when facing the same when facing each other too). Surprised at the rear left wheel getting dislodged though.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 06:58   #30105
Senior - BHPian

Crossed this multi vehicle accident site at East Coast Road (Chennai to Mahabalipuram) last week. It looks like at least 3 cars were involved.

Damages were mainly to body of car and bumpers which were bruised or dislodged. There were several people on phones and no ambulances. Whatever traffic snarl it had created had already diffused.
The ECR has hundreds of cctvs on the median. For claims and legal purposes can anyone access these video clips?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks