Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2020, 08:53   #30706
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Came across these pictures in FB. The car has taken the impact quite well. To save a bike rider from being run over, Venue driver steered to his right, hit the median and the car rolled over to the opposite lane.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-5bf425b97a91474abc652e8466decea5.jpeg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ea1f34e858e3492a8099af2190e8f2f5.jpeg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-f488c84ee2ff48d2845f4bc3a5fbc9cd.jpeg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-9c8949a750d4446ba41c901fc5342cc2.jpeg  

vvivek85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2020, 18:50   #30707
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Gopi for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Sharing this accident video during lockdown period. This accident happened on 6th April 2020 in Hyderabad. Apparently, the person was drunk.
ChiragM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2020, 11:42   #30708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks to Gopi for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
Have absolutely no remorse towards these people. They die or total their vehicle is all fine as long as an innocent bystander is not hurt.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th April 2020 at 12:44. Reason: Removing video from within quote.
Viv3k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 11:55   #30709
Senior - BHPian

Guy's while riding during this lockdown I felt it was very easy to get distracted. We are usually used to heavy traffic and now when the roads are completely free of heavy vehicles and car's, we become complacent and the mind begins to wander.

I think this complacency can lead to accidents if some car or object suddenly comes out of nowhere. So be very careful people.
stanjohn123 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 16:20   #30710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
......I think this complacency can lead to accidents if some car or object suddenly comes out of nowhere. So be very careful people.
On a similar note, I believe that once the COVID19 situation is brought under control(after a few months hopefully) and the lockdown is over, there will be a huge spike in movement and the vehicles going on outstation trips etc and a corresponding spike in number of accidents can be expected if people drive recklessly after regaining their freedom of movement.

A safer bet would be to take it easy and not plan immediate trips after road movement is restored and allow the excitement level to return to normal pre-covid19 days

Last edited by for_cars1 : 13th April 2020 at 16:22.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 19:01   #30711
BHPian

A skoda rammed into an empty ambulance yesterday in my town. Amazing how people can manage this with so few vehicles and other distractions on the road with the ongoing curfew and lockdown in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc2.jpg  

WasavaTyres is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 19:17   #30712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Amazing how people can manage this with so few vehicles and other distractions on the road with the ongoing curfew and lockdown in place.
Nor surprised at all! From the pictures it is apparent that the accident has happened at a junction. A few people jump a red signal even on a normal day. For many an orange signal means go full throttle and honk. In times like these I have seen people driving with their A pedals buried under the carpet and horns muted to avoid police attention. Its only a matter of probability before we see such crashes.
nagr22 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 20:02   #30713
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A skoda rammed into an empty ambulance yesterday in my town. Amazing how people can manage this with so few vehicles and other distractions on the road with the ongoing curfew and lockdown in place.
I don’t recollect when was the last time, I had seen any Maruti holding so well, that too against a Skoda which is (was?) built like a Tank.

These days, hardly anyone is observing traffic lights due to very low traffic, maybe, authorities should change to flashing amber for a while.
Turbanator is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 20:14   #30714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I don’t recollect when was the last time, I had seen any Maruti holding so well, that too against a Skoda which is (was?) built like a Tank..
That's what I thought as well. It's not just the ambulance that skoda has hit, may be other vehicle or something else may be barricades.

Last edited by _chikku : 13th April 2020 at 20:16.
_chikku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 21:49   #30715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I don’t recollect when was the last time, I had seen any Maruti holding so well, that too against a Skoda which is (was?) built like a Tank.

These days, hardly anyone is observing traffic lights due to very low traffic, maybe, authorities should change to flashing amber for a while.
The Skoda crumple zone worked perfectly well. Seeing the very limited impact only on the door panel etc ahead of the b pillar - was this an angled hit rather than a direct T bone?
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2020, 22:59   #30716
BHPian

Quote:
Amazing how people can manage this with so few vehicles and other distractions on the road
There are people who can accomplish things unthinkable to us. One of my favorite video I like to link for these people.

Old 15th April 2020, 09:41   #30717
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I guess that would be easy. Tweet to Gurgaon Police and Gurgaon Traffic Police with the links. Add a few more links of the videos and the owner details from mParivahan app. They'll take action based on this.
There comes into play the jurisdiction area rule. You tweet to Gurgaon police, they can shrug it off stating that there is no proof that the offense is done in their jurisdiction area - Gurgaon.

Just like how a lot of times Delhi police simply tweets "offense not clear / proven" or "Registration not clear", when someone tweets the pic of a cop breaking the rule.

Last edited by VKumar : 15th April 2020 at 09:42.
Old 15th April 2020, 11:29   #30718
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
There comes into play the jurisdiction area rule. You tweet to Gurgaon police, they can shrug it off stating that there is no proof that the offense is done in their jurisdiction area - Gurgaon.

Just like how a lot of times Delhi police simply tweets "offense not clear / proven" or "Registration not clear", when someone tweets the pic of a cop breaking the rule.
From my personal experience, I've seen that they send an online challan to owner's address even if offense area is unknown where the offence demands a fine, unlike Delhi Traffic Police. In this case, the Elantra is from Gurgaon so chances of getting a challan are high.
Old 15th April 2020, 14:51   #30719
BHPian

^^^

Cars, in general are not made for vertical impacts, that is why you see them smashed flat when dropped from a height.
Old 15th April 2020, 15:06   #30720
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
Came across this news article with a video link. Although this happened in Poland, look at the way our Desi Swift has been squashed . I used to assume that maruti export quality and safety ratings are slightly better than what they offer us here. But I guess it is true only on paper.
What did you expect? After hitting a roundabout made out of rocks at an insane speed, flying through the air for some distance, falling through a few trees you want the car to look as if it came out of the showroom? The passenger cabin hasnt lost its integrity except for the B pillar having been cut open to evacuate the driver. The airbags have deployed and driver has walked out. I dont think the Polo GTI which crashed in Hyderabad met a better fate, for a car which is regarded as a 'Tank'. If you launch a car in the air, no matter what car it is, it will meet a sad fate.
audioholic is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks