Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2009, 19:20   #3061
BHPian

I really pity the Punto guy/gal.

I have seen almost 30-40% of people who buy new cars, actually dont know to drive.

They take crash course just before taking delivery!

What else can we expect?
Old 7th August 2009, 06:25   #3062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I saw a brand new Punto today in the office parking lot, the ribbon was still there and there was a big dent on the bonnet. Perhaps went under some truck. Was in a hurry, maybe I'll try to catch some snaps tomorrow, if the car is there tomorrow that is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
That's really the worst. When your brand new car gets a sizeable nick or dent, it just makes you think that life truly sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Puntos are a rare sight ( atleast in Delhi ) and imagine one with a dent. Phew!! Bad luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
I really pity the Punto guy/gal.

I have seen almost 30-40% of people who buy new cars, actually dont know to drive.

They take crash course just before taking delivery!

What else can we expect?
Here it is! Pity the guy/girl.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image1950.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image1952.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-image1953.jpg  

Old 7th August 2009, 09:34   #3063
Distinguished - BHPian

The Great Magistrate in the sky had the last word...
Quote:
The sub-divisional magistrate (SDM) of Model Town in northwest Delhi bled to death in her car after she reportedly hit a vehicle in Sector 16 of Rohini in northwest Delhi.
Police said Neera Kharbanda (44) was driving under the influence of alcohol. Kharbanda was driving around in her car for two hours in a drunken state, police said.
According to the police, she was upset because a friend of hers was not taking her calls. She had reportedly called this friend 15 times on Wednesday.
Police are scanning her mobile phone records and questioning her friends to investigate whether there was any foul play in the case. Kharbanda's body was found in her Hyundai Accent car on a busy residential road of Rohini Sector 16 around 7.30 am on Thursday.
“It seems she was under the influence of alcohol, lost control of the car and hit a vehicle from behind. The steering punctured her intestine and she bled to death,” said Atul Katiyar, DCP (Outer).
Police said Kharbanda might have died around 4 am. Since the car had dark glasses, the body was not discovered till morning.
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-accent.jpg
Old 7th August 2009, 09:57   #3064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
“It seems she was under the influence of alcohol, lost control of the car and hit a vehicle from behind. The steering punctured her intestine and she bled to death,” said Atul Katiyar, DCP (Outer).
Police said Kharbanda might have died around 4 am. Since the car had dark glasses, the body was not discovered till morning.
So accident seems to be 'cause of drunken driving and nobody seems to have noticed her till broad daylight 'cause of dark tinted glasses. To me, it looks like another reason not to have dark tints.

Feel sorry for her kids and family. If it was a case of drunken driving, I say another fool of the road.
Old 7th August 2009, 10:18   #3065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
So accident seems to be 'cause of drunken driving and nobody seems to have noticed her till broad daylight 'cause of dark tinted glasses. To me, it looks like another reason not to have dark tints.
In Bangalore the tinted glass was not removed becos of women/girl driver for security reason. Same women's were protesting.
Old 7th August 2009, 11:38   #3066
BANNED

Where is the vehicle she hit? Hopefully that vehicle is never found and the driver is safe.

I have no sympathy for people who get themselves killed under the influence of alcohol. Its better them then some innocent. She had it coming.

RIP Ms Kharbanda.

Last edited by Spitfire : 7th August 2009 at 11:39.
Old 7th August 2009, 12:15   #3067
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Where is the vehicle she hit?

I have no sympathy for people who get themselves killed under the influence of alcohol.
One would have imagined a sub-divisional magistrate would act more responsibly. How many laws did she break? Dark tints, DUI, overspeeding...
Old 7th August 2009, 12:18   #3068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Where is the vehicle she hit? Hopefully that vehicle is never found and the driver is safe.

I have no sympathy for people who get themselves killed under the influence of alcohol. Its better them then some innocent. She had it coming.

RIP Ms Kharbanda.
A Magistrate flouting two laws (i) DUI (ii) Dark tint glasses , In her case justice was being done in a brutal and quick way thou!.
Old 7th August 2009, 12:20   #3069
Senior - BHPian

I don't get it - even the cops didn't look inside (because of dark tints!!!) despite the fact that the accident had obviously just taken place?
Old 7th August 2009, 12:20   #3070
Senior - BHPian

Was she on the cell phone while driving ?
@Suman good point. I think people might be under the impression that the
panchanama and other activities were finished by the police and
the vehicle was waiting to be pulled off by some crane

Last edited by prince_pervez : 7th August 2009 at 12:22.
Old 7th August 2009, 12:27   #3071

I feel sorry for the Punto owner. I had a similar experience when I took delivery of my Swift. 10 minutes away from the showroom, a two wheeler brushed my front left door. I was so frustrated that I lost concentration and managed to jump a red signal only to be caught by a cop!!
Was fortunate not to be fined as the cop realized I was driving a brand new car. He gave me some advice and let me go :-)
Old 7th August 2009, 13:10   #3072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
One would have imagined a sub-divisional magistrate would act more responsibly. How many laws did she break? Dark tints, DUI, overspeeding...
Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
A Magistrate flouting two laws (i) DUI (ii) Dark tint glasses , In her case justice was being done in a brutal and quick way thou!.
Add to it - dangerous and reckless driving causing danger to human lives

How do I know this is a road traffic offense - I was once charged with this way back in 1994 (riding a UP78 registration bike - an offense in itself according to cops) on erstwhile airport road in Bangalore by cops who were on a booking spree to meet their numbers.

OT
PS - this was just one of the charges out of 4 or 5 they slapped on me. Obviously I did not pay fine, went to the court, explained to magistrate the circumstances and was absolved of this and jumping signal charge.

Other charges were -
1) defective number plate (it was one which had those radium stickers for numbers - perfectly legal white on black combo in those times except that the numbers were to be painted and not pasted)
2) driving without an L board (I was having a learner's license)
3) driving without a pukka license holder on pillion

Paid a penalty of Rs. 220 in court as against Rs. 600 odd according to cops.
Old 7th August 2009, 13:48   #3073
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It seems she was under the influence of alcohol, lost control of the car and hit a vehicle from behind. The steering punctured her intestine and she bled to death,” said Atul Katiyar, DCP (Outer).
No seat belt - I bet!
Old 7th August 2009, 15:32   #3074
Distinguished - BHPian

Disturbed mental/emotional state... alcohol... driving around for two hours... obviously hit something pretty hard...

Another wild conjecture here could be suicide.
Old 7th August 2009, 15:35   #3075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Another wild conjecture here could be suicide.
Cannot be ruled out but there are better ways than dying slowly painfully.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks