Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2020, 15:49   #31021
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Truck vs car in Telangana near Karimnagar.
The frame does not capture the exact moment of the crash, so can't comment on what caused it - any guesses or news reports?
Both occupants of the car escaped with injuries. Can anyone throw light on what car this is. For occupants to escape with minor injuries is quite a relief looking at the way the car was tossed.
News report: https://telugu.asianetnews.com/amp/v...imnagar-qcvnax

Last edited by Sheel : 5th July 2020 at 16:45. Reason: Minor typo.
BenjiRoss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 15:52   #31022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Can anyone throw light on what car this is.
Pause at 0:07. It’s a Baleno.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 16:55   #31023
Team-BHP Support

Looks as if the Baleno cut across the lorry's path from the left and the lorry hit the rear flank
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 17:19   #31024
BHPian

Quote:
Truck vs car in Telangana near Karimnagar.
That white MUV with those bull bars hogging half the truck's lane could have caused the lorry to move left and kiss the Baleno. Although both the Baleno and the lorry should have had their speeds in check considering there was an intersection.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 5th July 2020 at 17:24.
Sherlocked is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 17:26   #31025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Looks as if the Baleno cut across the lorry's path from the left and the lorry hit the rear flank
Guess:
First two cars were on the left lane due to a truck in the right lane taking a right/u-turn.
But lorry was coming in right most lane and might have not seen the car from opposite side waiting for making u-turn (probably due to the first truck blocking the view).
Lorry driver sees the car, half protruding into his lane, very late and hence tried changing into left lane. Baleno was overtaking from left but was too close to the lorry and got fishtailed. (Lorry was in between two lanes when this happened. Guesses are based on this alone)

Since it is just a guess and hence not saying who do the wrong etc. Anyways very lucky that it ended up in just minor injuries .
Thanos-VV is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 17:30   #31026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Pause at 0:07. It’s a Baleno.
Excellent eyes! For a Baleno which is very light , I'm glad that the occupants survived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
That white MUV with those bull bars hogging half the truck's lane could have caused the lorry to move left and kiss the Baleno. Although both the Baleno and the lorry should have had their speeds in check considering there was an intersection.
There is only 2 lanes one of which is blocked. Wonder if the truck changed lanes to the left without looking or if the Baleno tried overtaking on the shoulder and misjudged.
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 18:04   #31027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wonder if the truck changed lanes to the left without looking or if the Baleno.
Car must've been at the blind spot.

Good presence of mind from the car (A star/Ritz/Brio kind of) on the opposite lane in swerving and escaping from being hit.

The strongest Baleno I have ever seen.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 19:19   #31028
Senior - BHPian

Three persons died after the car they were travelling hit railing of a bridge and fell into river in Assam's Dhemaji district. Two persons were rescued by locals - News.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-sa.jpg
(Picture Courtesy: Fire and Emergency Services Assam)

Last edited by airbus : 5th July 2020 at 19:21.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 22:10   #31029
BHPian

I came across this horrific accident in Jharkhand through a Facebook post. As per the uploader one car and three motorcycles got involved in an accident however only one motorcycle can be seen, the motorcycle in the question is RE Classic and the car is Tata Tigor.
https://www.facebook.com/vikash.maht...07560006019443
Old 5th July 2020, 23:18   #31030
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Saw this happen in front of us at Daulatgarh (RJ-UP border on Bharatpur - Roopvas route). Caught on the dash cam. We had a narrow escape and miraculous no one was seriously injured.

This is a curvy section. I believe the Xylo was going fast and was overtaking the biker while it had already drifted into the lane with oncoming traffic, spotting which, the driver corrected and hit the biker on his left.
Tgo is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th July 2020, 23:40   #31031
Senior - BHPian

Tin Can Wagon R crushed by Hyundai Xcent

As per news reports drivers of both cars received only minor injuries.

However, unluckily a biker died a few minutes later a few meters away.:(

As per reports, the deceased Aniket who is a resident of Khar-Santacruz was returning from town and while riding the bike, he was looking at the accident cars when he lost control and rammed into the BEST bus coming from opposite direction. Other witnesses told police that Aniket was in high speed and he rammed into another biker and came under the bus.

News link

http://https://www.google.com/amp/s/...w/76802148.cms
SnS_12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 02:39   #31032
BHPian

Quote:
For a Baleno which is very light , I'm glad that the occupants survived.
I think the occupants would've suffered some sort of injuries even if they were in a two tonne SUV and would've likely survived even if they were in an Alto or a WagonR (provided they were belted). The momentum of the car is clearly bleeding out instead of going to zero abruptly. It's much safer than being in a head on crash. Had the car in the opposite lane crashed into the Baleno, things would've been very different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
I believe the Xylo was going fast and was overtaking the biker while it had already drifted into the lane with oncoming traffic, spotting which, the driver corrected and hit the biker on his left.
It is a clear case of distracted driving. Xylo crashed into the scooter and then swerved to the oncoming lane as a result of his unsuccessful attempt to avoid the scooter. A closer look at the screenshots will reveal the same.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-c1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-c2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-c3.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-c4.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
Tin Can Wagon R crushed by Hyundai Xcent
T-bone crashes are always horrific as there is little protection on the sides compared to the front of the vehicle. I just don't understand how such a crash occurred on top of a flyover bridge.

I guess the driving standards in India have plunged to a new level after the lokdown.

Last edited by Keeleri_Achu : 6th July 2020 at 02:45.
Keeleri_Achu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2020, 12:31   #31033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeleri_Achu View Post

It is a clear case of distracted driving. Xylo crashed into the scooter and then swerved to the oncoming lane as a result of his unsuccessful attempt to avoid the scooter. A closer look at the screenshots will reveal the same.
I was looking at the same too. In the end looks like the Xylo ran over the scooter which was still skidding. Wonder what happened to the rider. Considering this looks like an Activa there is no way the rider would have been geared up. I shudder to think the road rash and the world of pain he would be in.
Old 7th July 2020, 15:04   #31034
BHPian

My cousin met with an accident last week in his Tata Tiago AMT variant. As per him, the front RH tyre blasted (speed was between 40-60 Kmph) & he lost control, ended up dragging the vehicle for over 200 meters on the median. Luckily, he was able to stop the car before it reached the opposite lane. Fortunately, front occupants were buckled-up & everyone is safe with no injuries. Still now, no clue what caused the tyre to blast. It was bulge free & have clocked less than 10K kms

I would like to have your opinions on the estimated repair charges from the authorized Tata service center. I know, it would be tough to figure out the actual damages from the pictures, but I feel few parts are being included in the estimate without proper justifications. Like steering assy, wheel hub, knuckle, radiator fan assy etc. I agree these parts would have taken some impact, when the wheel hit against the sidewalls of median. Any suggestions or opinions are welcomed. Also, I've noted few parts are absurdly priced. Since it is under insurance, I think it should not be an area of concern.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-11.jpg
Attachment 2026338

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-12.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tiaog.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-10.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2-2.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-4.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-5.jpg

In addition, I would like to know a way/method to ensure, if the service center have replaced the old parts with new parts or not. Asking for part numbers won’t help, as old & new parts will have same part numbers. So, is there a method to ensure it from customer end?
Any advice or suggestion towards general awareness during this dealing with service center is also most welcomed.

PS : Admins, please move it to appropriate thread if this doesn't belong here.
Old 7th July 2020, 15:32   #31035
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post

In addition, I would like to know a way/method to ensure, if the service center have replaced the old parts with new parts or not.
The pictures of the vehicle getting repaired - are these from Tata Authorised workshop? I can't believe how can they approve such a workshop which even doesn't have a concrete floor. Your estimate seems to be made in an excel sheet which is normally not a norm. Estimates are always prepared on the company software and carries complete part details and number. Something doesn't look correct to me.

Is there any other workshop nearby where you can take this car?

If you must get the car repaired here and are oK with such conditions, tell them to keep old parts as well packing of new parts separately for inspection purposes.

Your insurance company will have the right of these parts but you can mark these with a grinder or better cut or dent so that they don't use back the same parts anywhere.

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th July 2020 at 15:34.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks