Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-car.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/rush...34879323444860
Sarvodaya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 23:24   #31127
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
That person shattered rear glass of Creta with his jaw. Is Creta's rear glass so fragile? We have seen people die in burning car because they couldn't break glass and get out. And, here, we see this.
We have no idea how many broken bones this person has. Perhaps he has broken ribs and a broken jaw. Usually, right after an accident the adrenaline rush numbs pain, and people are able to walk. When we try to break glass with our hands, that is a conscious act, with full feedback from the pain receptors on our hand to the brain. The brain will hold back on the command to go all out to the extent of breaking bones. I am pretty sure you can damage just about any car with a human bone, if you do not care about breaking it.

PS: I am talking about the brain of a common man with a somewhat functional brain(like me), there are some who force themselves to go all out, try the karate shot and break their hands
GutsyGibbon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 23:37   #31128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aish_4761 View Post
I assume, had the scooterist not ran behind the car, they would have stopped. This growing aggression in fellow road users is not a good thing.
Exactly. Not condoning hit and runs but sometimes, you're better off driving straight to a police station instead of staying in such a situation at put yourself at the mercy of a mob.
McLaren Rulez is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 01:21   #31129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Alto 800 hits scooter in Hoshangabad M.P.
That was shocking!
The way all vehicles were being driven, I see that it was completely chaotic.

The white scooter taking a U turn against the flow of traffic by taking up almost an entire lane on a road with moderate traffic, a white car parked near a junction (centre bottom of the screen) and the bikes following the 2 Altos were on the extreme right of the road. Either that road was one-way or just the driving is chaotic!

Ofcourse, there is no excuse for the driver of the light blue Alto. He is moving his car from standstill. Before moving he should have checked his rear view mirror and allowed the white Alto to pass.

I see nowadays most 2-wheelers take a U-turn like driving a car when moving from standstill and want to go back (like the white scooter at the beginning of the clip). Earlier (maybe about 20 years ago) I used to see more people who would manually steer the 2 wheeler (with engine off) to point to the opposite direction and then start the vehicle and move. This takes lesser space on the road and saves some fuel too.

Last edited by ampere : 16th July 2020 at 08:07. Reason: removed video link from quoted post
drsk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 04:11   #31130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsk View Post
That was shocking!
The way all vehicles were being driven, I see that it was completely chaotic.
What the white alto guy did after the hit is outright stupid and dangerous; almost mowed down another biker. Looking at the way those two cars fled the scene makes me feel that they should get their license revoked. Not because of their intention but the way they chose to do it.
--gKrish-- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 08:47   #31131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Still cannot understand why the lady was sitting outside the house
I'd rather say, I cannot understand why the car went ahead and hit her.

Lady sitting outside is comparatively reasonable. It is just outside her house and she is not sitting on the road. It is quite common that people just sit outside the house in such residential areas, and yes they probably will not have an insight of what safety and "being defensive" means. All they believe is they are safe if they are out of the road - forgive them. But it is not common that a car would ram down every one of them.
balenoed_ is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 15:43   #31132
Senior - BHPian

I don't know what this autorickshaw driver was trying to do or prove driving on the wrong side of the road in a busy road with fast moving vehicles. Was he drunk?
No idea about the location or the date of this event.
Viewer discretion for the last part of the video in this link.
http://www.thewiseherb.com/crazy-aut...he-wrong-side/
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20200716153810.png

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20200716153931.png

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20200716154138.png
BenjiRoss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 15:56   #31133
BHPian

Got this today on WhatsApp. Don't know where and how exactly. (Going by the Tulsi Joshi's banner I guess it is Delhi)

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20200716wa0043.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20200716wa0042.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20200716wa0045.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20200716wa0041.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20200716wa0046.jpg

Last edited by sangam_mm93 : 16th July 2020 at 16:00. Reason: guessing location
sangam_mm93 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 16:10   #31134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I don't know what this autorickshaw driver was trying to do or prove driving on the wrong side of the road in a busy road with fast moving vehicles.
This is a very common sight in many parts of our country now and not all those who drive are necessarily drunk. Here in bangalore you'll find highly educated people driving against traffic with a kid as pillion trying to reach the school or office on time. Not only two wheelers, autos and cars but you'll also find big Bharath Benz tipper lorries and school buses driving against traffic with high beam on.

While I hope the auto driver is OK, I am very very very very happy that he got instant justice and hope he will never repeat again. I may sound evil for feeling happy but such morons are a constant threat to the life of every driver sharing that road. They are also the ones who are shaping the behaviour of our future generation. If they keep doing it and go scott free, soon it will be the new normal. But I feel bad for the innocent tempo driver who had to come in between this mess but thankfully someone has captured this video so he should be safe from our useless law enforcement which blames the bigger vehicle by default. Such videos should be played repeatedly in every traffic signals in big screens.

Last edited by nagr22 : 16th July 2020 at 16:19. Reason: Typo
nagr22 is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 16:46   #31135
BHPian

Quote:
Was he drunk?

He looked pretty buzzed out. Head was bobbing around a lot and no flinching or reflex even after plenty of close misses.

Let's be honest he was never in control of the auto at any point of that video he managed to get to the end because of others slowing down and avoiding him.

Have seem lot of bikers and autos do this same thing on the Electronic city flyover in Bangalore too, fully sober most of them , i mean unless they are fond of getting smashed() early in the morning.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 17:19   #31136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Still cannot understand why the lady was sitting outside the house
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
I'd rather say, I cannot understand why the car went ahead and hit her.
Well said. Lots of people sit outside their houses.

In fact, the smaller the road, the more it is treated as part of the living space of the people who live there. I try to respect and drive accordingly.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 19:46   #31137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
In fact, the smaller the road, the more it is treated as part of the living space of the people who live there.
And in villages or small towns, one may see a pandal in front of the house, fully covering the width of the road. If your house is in a cul de sac further down; you have to just park your vehicle at any convenient place before the pandal. Two wheelers however, zip through criss crossing the assortment of chairs and people milling around.

The good news? You would invariably be invited for tiffin or sapadu (meals). If you demur, you would be asked to have a coffee at least. Experienced it in my father's village. Seemed they all knew me or rather knew of me; whereas i was at sea.
earthian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 21:35   #31138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't know what this autorickshaw driver was trying to do or prove driving on the wrong side of the road in a busy road with fast moving vehicles. Was he drunk?
No idea about the location or the date of this event.
This accident reminds me of successful Hockey Drag Flicker Jugraj Singh where his car was hit head on by an auto-rickshaw driven on wrong side by a drunk driver. His career was effectively cut short for the idiotic antic of auto-rickshaw driver. Unfortunately, the latter also lost his life in that accident.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th July 2020 at 22:50. Reason: Minor typo
Old 16th July 2020, 21:44   #31139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
And in villages or small towns one may see a pandal in front of the house, fully covering the width of the road ...
and major metros such as Chennai

We call it a shamyana, although I think this might really be the name of just the covering?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 22:28   #31140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
and major metros such as Chennai

We call it a shamyana, although I think this might really be the name of just the covering?
The same thing. Shamiana, pandal,"tent house ", tent, basically any large cloth covering held up by poles for all kinds of social functions. Even the huge farmhouses and banquet lawns have to put up a humble Shamiana. They have open licenses to come up anywhere with varying thousands of watts of music usually present.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks