Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2020, 05:16   #31471
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Kia Seltos test driving vehicle crashed into divider, driver and co-passenger survived with minor injuries.
This seems like a cooked up video. In the first frame when the car enters the main road everything is OK. When the car is shown to be driven on the highway, check the ORVM, the car's colour is changed to orange which is not colour of the car that had the accident. Cleverly edited video to get views.

MOD NOTE - Please remove You Tube's video URL in your quoted post.
Thank You.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th September 2020 at 11:42. Reason: Mod note attached.
BLACNWYTE is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 08:12   #31472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACNWYTE View Post
This seems like a cooked up video.
He always edits the video like that for extra masala. He shows his or other's test drive video of the same car model and color for his narrative at the beginning and you can see the driver changed as well.

Because accident videos are rather short and the video needs to be a little longer for monetisation, instead of repeating the same clip more than 2-3 times like in the news he edits it like that. Can be called stupid as well as clever
RavSam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 16:25   #31473
VRJ
BHPian

This accident of a Thar looks weird. There is literally nothing blocking his way, except for the parked car. The car had plenty of space to drive straight, and the poor biker was driving in his lane. It doesn’t look like a case of over speeding and loosing grip to me. Maybe the driver was on his phone? The road looks wet, but I can’t seem to comprehend what happened. There’s some commentary in the video, but I understand very basic Hindi, so I have no idea what he said. What do you folks think happened?

VRJ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 16:37   #31474

Seems like the driver panicked and pressed the accelerator instead of the brake
Old 4th September 2020, 16:47   #31475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRJ View Post
The car had plenty of space to drive straight, and the poor biker was driving in his lane.
Not plenty really.

He barely made it passing that white car. Must have focused on passing that and did not pay attention to the oncoming traffic. Must have done that correction to avoid the Thar's rear hitting the car and ended up on the other lane.
Old 4th September 2020, 16:48   #31476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRJ View Post
There’s some commentary in the video, but I understand very basic Hindi, so I have no idea what he said.
He says this is probably a case of drunk driving. And from the video, it does look like one.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 22:04   #31477
BHPian

Multiple vehicles involved in a road accident in Kukatpally, Hyderabad. Unfortunately, bike rider passed away.

Warning : Graphic content viewers discretion is advised

Based on the accident videos, it looks like Brezza rear ended Dzire and Dzire hit both biker and auto in front of him. Look how badly Dzire and Brezza are mangled. Crumple zones or Tin cans?

Edit : Looks like the biker isn't wearing a helmet. This incident once again reiterates that wearing helmets will save lives.

Last edited by WhiteSierra : 4th September 2020 at 22:19.
Old 5th September 2020, 18:23   #31478
BHPian

I don't know if it's just exclusive to Kerala or the same elsewhere ( anyone can enlighten me on that ). What I am referring to is the speeding fish container lorries. If there's one thing that I feel I can say you have a 100% chance of finding on roads here, it's these overspeeding fish lorries. It's not just the speed, which is about 80-90 on our narrow roads with a multiple tonne vehicle, it's also the way in which these people drive.

It's downright scary. They always, and I repeat always overtake even if there's a vehicle approaching from other side and there is no room to complete the overtake, expecting both the car being overtaken and the approaching car to slam on their brakes.

I've reported multiple of these to Kerala Police via twitter but I still see them speeding here, so not much of a difference.

Anybody else can relate? Or is it just me?

P.S. also the AL Dost pickup is another candidate for one of the worst speeders on roads here. I don't know what motivates these drivers to speed so much, it's not like the engine is a very powerful one like in the Isuzu pickup.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 18:40   #31479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
I don't know if it's just exclusive to Kerala or the same elsewhere ( anyone can enlighten me on that ). What I am referring to is the speeding fish container lorries.

Anybody else can relate? Or is it just me?
It's not just you.

Fish/perishable refrigerated trucks and also toddy transport pickups(mostly bolero pickup trucks) they drive like there is no tomorrow.

Cheers
Krishna
krishnaprasadgg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 19:37   #31480
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
Multiple vehicles involved in a road accident in Kukatpally, Hyderabad. Unfortunately, bike rider passed away.

Based on the accident videos, it looks like Brezza rear ended Dzire and Dzire hit both biker and auto in front of him. Look how badly Dzire and Brezza are mangled. Crumple zones or Tin cans?

Edit : Looks like the biker isn't wearing a helmet. This incident once again reiterates that wearing helmets will save lives.
Whether the cars are a Tin can or not is for another day, what completely baffles me is that the biker is lying on the road with blood spilled on the road and people are busy video-graphing and walking beside him as if nothing has happened (atleast in the first video, second video the police has arrived). Really sad for the family to be seeing his loved one just lying on the road and no one even helping. Helmets are as important as seatbelts and they should be used judicially. It is appalling to see so many people everywhere women, teens, men, elders riding scooters and bikes without helmets just because they are wearing masks (that too 50% of them on their chins).

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 5th September 2020 at 19:41.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 19:58   #31481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
I don't know if it's just exclusive to Kerala or the same elsewhere ( anyone can enlighten me on that ). What I am referring to is the speeding fish container lorries.
I was talking to one truck driver (transporting fish across parts of India from Kochi) recently and he was explaining about the dead lines they have for transporting fish. Its one of the most dead line oriented long distant transportation as the ice container in which they transport fish is not having any active cooling. So its imperative that they go pedal to metal in all possible times.

Fish trucks even move from Kochi to Delhi as it depends upon the type of fish catch they receive. Indian Mackarels go mainly to Trivandrum, North Kerala has their own preference, and he said some type of fish is having huge demand in Delhi and they transport that fish to Delhi from Kochi (he said its an eel like fish, I am not sure which one it is).

Infact I was driving from Trivandrum to Kochi last Saturday and encountered such a truck from the Kollam fishing harbour area. They are just scary in the road and I gave them way immediately and maintained a safe distance.
petrol_power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2020, 01:37   #31482
Senior - BHPian

It was raining since 5 pm here in Delhi. I was driving back home around 8:30 pm. A brand new Nexon around some 500 mtrs ahead of me crashed into the median in front of the Dayanand Muktidham Cremation Ground. I anticipated this type of an accident there since they concreated the median and put a small gap for two-wheelers in front of Cremation Ground. Vehicles coming down the flyover will be surprised to see a two-wheeler suddenly from nowhere. Here the Nexon took the impact well. Both airbags popped out, front right tyre bursts along with suspension and tie rod. Couldn't click any pics since it was raining and traffic bunched up.

Guys please drive safe while raining.
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 10:22   #31483
BHPian

Quote:
Based on the accident videos, it looks like Brezza rear ended Dzire and Dzire
CCTV footage of that accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arungeorge View Post
CCTV footage of that accident.
Looks like multiple accident. First the Brezza already made a contact with bike before crashing with the car.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th September 2020 at 19:41. Reason: Back to back posts merged
arungeorge is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 10:56   #31484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arungeorge View Post
Looks like multiple accident. First the Brezza already made a contact with bike before crashing with the car.
It seems first the car/driver had an accident with a two wheeler and then met with the second accident due to dangerous driving in an attempt to flee. If both the cameras time is in sync, there are few seconds gap in between two accidents. Another issue I see is bikes/scooters all over the road, which makes them more vulnerable. Example below picture, while trying to flee, the driver overtook two bikes/scooters so dangerously
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc1.png  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-acc2.png  

Last edited by airbus : 7th September 2020 at 11:04.
airbus is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 11:08   #31485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope the Brezza driver and passenger are put behind bars,looked like they were on a mission to kill. In order to flee from a hit and run, they put the life of so many people at risk.
Maverick5490 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks