Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2020, 03:44   #31876
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Bus vs Autorickshaw crash in Kerala. Couldn't find any news item about it, but it's likely the autorickshaw driver and any occupants would have been injured.

The autorickshaw driver enters the junction without caution. The bus is travelling at a speed that is too high for the narrow roads seen in this video and is unable to slow down or stop in time.

The autorickshaw driver gets thrown off as he is unrestrained. I wonder why they decide to flip the autorickshaw to turn it upside down - was someone trapped under it?

The awkwardly parked van and the chairs placed outside the shop add to the general clutter at this junction.
BenjiRoss is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 04:29   #31877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
When I am up in the mountains, I always allow the 'steer' to get itself back to position.

I am not sure if i will be comfortable in being able to 'Hold' the steering at sharp hair pin bends, especially, when you encounter two of them in quick succession.

Maybe, I would want to try holding onto the steering in navigating hair pins and see how I feel, the next time around.
I would not comment on your hair-pin style: I have no experience for past couple of decades! But one thing that would not do (and that I don't do) is the shuffle-shuffle-hold style. I like the full side to each hand style. eg right hand grips at top and moves to bottom, left hand then grips and takes to top. so you get 180 degrees, under control, from each hand. Full lock is fairly easy. I will always thank the instructor who taught me this style.
Old 17th November 2020, 06:45   #31878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
As per the below news link, all are safe.

https://www.eastmojo.com/national/20...ught-on-camera
To me it appears that the SUV lost braking coming downhill and the driver tried to hit the railing to slow the car down.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 07:33   #31879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post
Modern cars with electronic steering are so sure footed like coming back to position after letting them slip under your hands after making an U-Turn.
I guess some Maruti Suzuki cars will tell you "Hold My Steering" for the sure-footed adjective.

Even some of the newer cars just do not self center as expected.

There's a video of S-Presso "self-driving" in circles when the driver almost tried to walk out of it leaving it going round in circles like a dog chasing its own tail.
RavSam is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 11:10   #31880
BHPian

Actor turned politician Kushboo met with an accident this morning. She is sound and safe. More on that in the below link

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/79276465.cms
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ab80f01e1ae04c3e8ea266b3973b1f79.jpeg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bfc722e03d884879a0ab901515a67b44.jpeg  

vvivek85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 12:07   #31881
BHPian

Off topic perhaps- someone should file a complaint against YouTube reviewers like Faisal Khan. I just saw a review of a bike where he races on the flyover at over 100 kph. He races on a crowded street which is not even a highway at 80 kph. He drove past a big truck through its blindspot without any indicators. Imagine if someone were to get into an accident because of him- blame would be on the car or truck driver at least initially.

If someone in the legal profession is reading this, I sincerely request you to help in controlling this menace of high speed dangerous driving by the so called influencers. It encourages younger people who are inspired by him to do the same. People like him are a nuisance and threat on public roads.

I was once fined Rs. 500 for doing 85 on an empty highway where the limit was supposedly 80. Not one car was in sight,and I had slowed down whenever I saw an oncoming vehicle. Here is a guy who gets away with high speeds on flyovers perhaps because he is considered to be a celebrity and that too in Mumbai where traffic laws are usually enforced.
Cessna182 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 12:42   #31882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Actor turned politician Kushboo met with an accident this morning.
Container hit the car and sliced through the sheet metal yet the curtain airbags didn't deploy. Strange but not surprising for a Toyota!
self_driven is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 13:07   #31883
Senior - BHPian

Major accident in Vadodara.

Vadodara accident: 11 killed, 17 injured in head-on collision between trucks

Quote:
At least 11 people lost their lives and 17 sustained injuries after two trucks collided with each other in Vadodara of Gujarat. The mishap occurred at Waghodia Crossing Highway in the wee hours on Wednesday, news agency ANI reported.
Old 18th November 2020, 20:52   #31884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
Off topic perhaps- someone should file a complaint against YouTube reviewers like Faisal Khan. I just saw a review of a bike where he races on the flyover at over 100 kph. He races on a crowded street which is not even a highway at 80 kph..
There are PLENTY of other YTbers who drive much more dangerously than FK, and unabashedly so. Not to mention hundreds of thousands of regular dangerous drivers of all demographic denominations. Who all will you target?
fhdowntheline is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 02:47   #31885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
There are PLENTY of other YTbers who drive much more dangerously than FK, and unabashedly so. Not to mention hundreds of thousands of regular dangerous drivers of all demographic denominations. Who all will you target?
Well I cant see them on youtube boasting about it. If we did nothing for a crime because someone else did the same or perhaps a worse crime, we would be a collapsed civilisation. If there are others doing it on youtube and are "much worse", report them too. Its not an excuse.
extreme_torque is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 06:09   #31886
Senior - BHPian

In Marathi there is a saying “ Disala tar Chor nahi tar Raja hun Thor” loosely translated as “ you are a thief only if you get spotted, otherwise you are nobler than the King”. That is not the way to run things in the long run, unless you want to set an example, for which FK isnt an appropriate one.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 07:36   #31887
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: No more off-topic posts please.
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 12:50   #31888
BHPian

This happened in Sivaganga District, Tamilnadu. Drunken driving is the reason. Luckily no fatal injuries.

TorqueKnight is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 12:57   #31889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Actor turned politician Kushboo met with an accident this morning. She is sound and safe. More on that in the below link
Probably not relevant enough, but the car in question is a Fortuner. Not an XUV like they've shown in the article. I'm sure the Fortuner is better built than the XUV.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 14:31   #31890
BHPian

Two 13 year old girls injured after a bike driven by a 17 year old rams their scooter. All of them critically injured and battling for their life.

TorqueKnight is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed