Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2020, 20:30   #32071
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Whoever recorded this on the dashcam, be the one who can help the poor trucker. That's my only wish.
I was thinking of the same, the kwid guy will definitely blame the truck guy and try to make him pay for the damages. In India, majority of the people will blame bigger vehicles and support smaller vehicles in these kind of accidents.
WhiteSierra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 21:22   #32072
Senior - BHPian

The Kwid driver must have been driving two wheelers before, they're the one's that squeeze through gaps like that or must have also wanted to do a side impact crash test of his Kwid, which he did and must say the car came out in flying colors but not the idiot behind the wheel all the same his impeccable kurta had no hint of the crash and drag he had been through just a few moments back: Kwid saved the day!!
Durango Dude is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 21:25   #32073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
In India, majority of the people will blame bigger vehicles and support smaller vehicles in these kind of accidents
While it's clearly a fault of the Kwid driver to squeeze in between two trucks, but heavy truck on the right lane is also not a correct behaviour. It seems the accident happened on top of a flyover. Being heavy vehicle, truck should have been on the left lane. Many roads/flyovers have signs asking heavy vehicles to remain on the left lane.

(The accident video is old, dashcam date 25 April 2019)
airbus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 21:28   #32074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Accident in North Lakhimpur, Assam. A pick up truck was driving on to a ferry using wooden planks.
I think the fault is with the ferry not being secured/anchored properly. Usually I have seen such vehicle carriers being fastened to the dock/jetty. In this case though, the boat doesn't look like a proper vehicle transporter !

Quote:
Originally Posted by arungeorge View Post
From Facebook, Hope she is fine.

Attachment 2093921
One should always maintain safe distance from animals while driving. The risk is higher when your on 2 wheelers. Hope the lady is safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Kwid driver was on a mission to get sandwiched, he should thank his stars.
Like others have said, This video should be submitted to the rescue of the lorry driver. Meanwhile the kwid driver should be booked for rash driving. His attitude after all that happened is unbelievable !
TrackDay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 21:28   #32075
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
While it's clearly a fault of the Kwid driver to squeeze in between two trucks, but heavy truck on the right lane is also not a correct behaviour. It seems the accident happened on top of a flyover. Being heavy vehicle, truck should have been on the left lane.
A guy who has no idea of the dimensions of the vehicle that he is driving, and its spatial position relative to other vehicles on the road, has no business having a licence in his name.

Last edited by Sheel : 18th December 2020 at 16:45. Reason: Please convey your point of view without being sarcastic / rude. Thanks.
venkyhere is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 22:25   #32076
BANNED

Quote:
While it's clearly a fault of the Kwid driver to squeeze in between two trucks, but heavy truck on the right lane is also not a correct behaviour. It seems the accident happened on top of a flyover. Being heavy vehicle, truck should have been on the left lane. Many roads/flyovers have signs asking heavy vehicles to remain on the left lane.

(The accident video is old, dashcam date 25 April 2019)
The reality of the situation on the roads is that many cyclists/slow movers/scooters occupy the left most lane to stay safe and hence the middle to right lanes are the most obstruction free paths and safer from mishaps...
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 22:36   #32077
Senior - BHPian

3 people died. RIP.
Happened in Kannur (North Kerala)

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20201217wa0017.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20201217wa0018.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20201217wa0019.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img20201217wa0020.jpg
balenoed_ is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 22:58   #32078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
I think the fault is with the ferry not being secured/anchored properly. Usually I have seen such vehicle carriers being fastened to the dock/jetty.
This appears to be a makeshift dock/jetty and they will need to move according to change in water level of the river.

Last edited by Sheel : 18th December 2020 at 16:46. Reason: Quoted post is edited. Thanks.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 00:09   #32079
Distinguished - BHPian

Re the Kwid... So that's what happens if one tries that manoeuvre and fails. Beloved of bikers and cabbies, I've always hated it. Now I hate the idea even more if the vehicle behind is a large truck! And he was not unlucky, or any other defence. He was moronic. And indefensible.

About the ferry... Some will know that the one thing one must not do when boarding a boat is to get one foot on the land and one of the boat, with one's body weight bearing down. The boat moves away; you get wet.

I couldn't even begin to work out quite how the forces are working with land, boat, planks and truck, but somehow, the same thing is happening. And the string-and-poles mooring is totally not up to preventing it.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 00:24   #32080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Kwid driver was on a mission to get sandwiched, he should thank his stars.
This looks straight out of Mad-Max movie stunt.
msdivy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 09:57   #32081
BHPian

Quote:
From Facebook, Hope she is fine.
This image shows the importance of 'strapping the helmet'. She was lucky her head was not slammed anywhere. Just wearing a helmet is not enough, it can come off easily.
Deepsp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 10:24   #32082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
. A guy who has no idea of the dimensions of the vehicle that he is driving, and its spatial position relative to other vehicles on the road, has no business having a licence in his name.
He did mention that it was clearly Kwid drivers fault and there are no two ways about it.

As a person who does highway runs regularly the trucks driving in the right most lane is the biggest irritant. There is no option but to weave through the trucks. They drive in the right lane even if its a 3 lane highway or empty highway.

Knowing ones cars dimension and checkin blind spots are basics of driving but many accidents do happen because of trucks hogging the right most lane and not budging. In Gujarat between Vapi and Surat I have observed that cops now station themselves on the median and snap heavy vehicles and magically they are able to stay in the middle and left lane with the same traffic of bikers and autos.

Last edited by Sheel : 18th December 2020 at 16:47. Reason: Quoted post is edited. Thanks.
tazmaan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 11:21   #32083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
3 people died. RIP.
Happened in Kannur (North Kerala)
Not one bit surprised of the intensity of the crash.

I did a ride once many years ago from Bangalore to Quilandy which is in North Kerala and then onto Mangalore. That was the first time I did that stretch and it was on a bike.

Most of the stretches of highway are like a racetrack, with ups and downs, blind curves, straight stretches. Apart from the road, it had all types of vehicles on the road. What I noticed was, almost all the vehicles, especially cars and buses drove like their tail was on fire and had the headlights on. I was prepared to keep away from the buses since I knew how they drove there since I used to frequent Calicut and seen them first hand fishtailing on the highways. Most of the cars were small cars, mainly Alto's and loaded with 3-4 people and they always drove in the middle of the road at breakneck speeds on the 2 lane highway.
It was like a free for all racetrack and that was the last time I travelled on that road although I frequent Calicut-Quilandy which is much better now from what it was earlier.

For the Innova to rip off the undercarriage of a loaded truck, it would have been at some high speeds.

Last edited by tharian : 18th December 2020 at 11:22.
tharian is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 12:35   #32084
BHPian

This unnecessary carnage happened in Kanyakumari, TN. 8 people battling for their lives and a couple of them very serious. Uncontrolled speed does kill.

Last edited by Hades : 18th December 2020 at 12:36. Reason: correct pax
Hades is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 13:13   #32085
Distinguished - BHPian

Mumbai Food Delivery Agent Dies After Speeding Mercedes Hits His Scooter

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-5ff3b509ae474c7aa11c41efbe88930f.jpeg
The incident took place in Oshiwara.

https://www.ndtv.com/mumbai-news/mum...s-bike-2340325
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com