Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2009, 20:02   #3256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
^^Boy that car is in pretty bad shape. But atleast the girls didn't choose a tall boy to drift.
OT: Your signature is very good, unique. Does it suit this forum?
thanks . there is nothing derogatory in it , is it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Did someone nick the rear tyre afterwards?
No the rear tire "broke" away from the axle . i have no idea how .
Old 26th August 2009, 20:10   #3257
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
This car was loaded with a bunch of 16 year old girls taking their moms alto for a spin . all the children are safe . they were trying to "drift" .
Eh, YC did you happen to be one of those in the car? And children are safe? C'mon, you are barely above the children status.
How come you know about the drifting part? Don't see any skid marks anywhere.
Old 26th August 2009, 22:04   #3258
Senior - BHPian

managed only one pic as the auto was travelling too fast.

On the top left corner a tata 407 is towing a Tata 1613 C badly mangled from the front.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-dsc01030.jpg  

Old 27th August 2009, 09:12   #3259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
Eh, YC did you happen to be one of those in the car? And children are safe? C'mon, you are barely above the children status.
very much possible , my alto had turned turtle after i braked real hard but there were no tyre marks near the spot where the car came to a halt - it came to a halt with drivers door towards the sky and the co-drivers door on the road.

I did post the pictures of my alto in this thread earlier.
Old 27th August 2009, 11:09   #3260
BHPian

The Alto is pretty badly crashed, "16 year" old girls??? not eligible to take a license and takes the Alto illegally, more than the girls their parents should be penalized for letting their "children" taking others life at risk, wonder, when these people will learn their lesson.
Old 27th August 2009, 11:24   #3261
BHPian

this morning just lost it on the cab driver while going to the gym, he almost ran over three morning walkers on the road, three different locations, just got off half way and took another cab.
Old 27th August 2009, 11:42   #3262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
The Alto is pretty badly crashed, "16 year" old girls??? not eligible to take a license and takes the Alto illegally, more than the girls their parents should be penalized for letting their "children" taking others life at risk, wonder, when these people will learn their lesson.
it is a very common scene .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
Stop BS-ing i know a few of the occupants of the car . i dont know why there are no skid marks .
Old 27th August 2009, 12:33   #3263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Bus overtaking from left and a truck parked on the road stealthly with literally no warnings... this bad accident had to occur.

May the souls RIP!

Will the govt. take some serious steps against these moron trucks!?
And what do you call the Bus driver who overtook from left at that kind of speed, not expecting any obstacles on the 'left'.!!

The problem in India is there is no right way of overtaking. Left or Right, wherever you want and wherever you have space, you can overtake. This is the reason for such terrible accidents. The Fast Lane (!) is occupied most of the times by heavily loaded trucks or slow moving 'load-autos', which give no way to any other faster moving vehicles. This forces you to 'overtake from left' and accidents are just a second away..
Old 27th August 2009, 13:20   #3264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Freak pile up on the road in front of Green View hospital near the Agara lake. Bike guy did some circus and hit the swift and then around 7 cars and one rickshaw came to a sudden halt.

Not a great picture but you can see the swift parked in front on the RT lane, rest of the guys have damage either on front or rear.
a similar thing happened yesterday when on SG highway a biker suddenly braked right inbetween the road, and almost 8 cars hit each others from behind as it happened suddenly, only car that got damaged more was a santro which banged mahindra pickup from behind and got his hood bend halfway.My indica was banged by that mahindra pickup but luckly just a scare on bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Even I cannot blame the bike for this (I blame them for most other things!).

Most of those cars got damaged because they were driving too close to the car in front. Whatever causes the mishap at the front of the queue, each driver must take responsibility for running into the car in front.
i do agree with you sir, but as i too encountered the same thing yesterday, a biker braked suddenly on highway and other cars speeding around 45-60 kmph brakked too inline which all of them hit the forth car, which actually was caused by that biker itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
This car was loaded with a bunch of 16 year old girls taking their moms alto for a spin . all the children are safe . they were trying to "drift" .
thats a bad scene and shape as well, why do parents allow their childs to take a spin at underage of their cars, what if there was some more damage to persons or kids spinning around.SCARY!
Old 27th August 2009, 16:20   #3265
Senior - BHPian

accident recovery

clicked this sequence while we were stopped on NH4 between Pune and satara for the crane to pull the lorry up. it was carrying transformers.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3.jpg  

Old 27th August 2009, 16:29   #3266
NIP
Senior - BHPian

16yr old girls tryin to drift in an alto on tarmac !?! Wonder what they were on ?!
Old 27th August 2009, 16:47   #3267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
16yr old girls tryin to drift in an alto on tarmac !?! Wonder what they were on ?!
and on a T junction .
Old 27th August 2009, 18:09   #3268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
gkrishn : On IRR, I have seen an accent upside down on opposite lane after climbing over the divider.
Any details on that accident ? The car took down a lamp post completely, & seemed to roll-over across the other side of the road. Looked like There was some fire also in the engine area.
Old 27th August 2009, 18:14   #3269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
clicked this sequence while we were stopped on NH4 between Pune and satara for the crane to pull the lorry up. it was carrying transformers.
Any idea how this happened? and hope there are no casulaties, the pune - bombay expressway is always hungry for accidents and insane people provide regular food to it.

Last edited by balajird : 27th August 2009 at 18:16.
Old 27th August 2009, 18:23   #3270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
And what do you call the Bus driver who overtook from left at that kind of speed, not expecting any obstacles on the 'left'.!!
Overtaking from the left is a big 'NO' in my driving books. But, if you look at this particular stretch between Krishnagiri-Bangalore the trucks who slowly crawl stay on the right lane most of the time forcing other vehicles to overtake them from the left.

There are huge warning signs kept for these trucks between this particular stretch to stay on the left lane, but then our truck walas feel more comfortable forcing others have a go at their fate!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks