Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2021, 08:31   #33001
Team-BHP Support

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
As a precaution, slow moving vehicles need to always be at a good distance as much as possible, away from the road divider.ere there was a lot of vacant space to the left and the auto driver was nearer to the divider.
This 3 wheeler had no business driving in that lane, period. In Delhi, we have left lanes for commercial traffic but except when there is checking or cameras, they go all over. Many other cities are worst. People have no clue to lane driving.

Not trying to defend the car driver but, slow-moving traffic has to stay in their lanes. Most places will have a different speed limit for Commercial and Cars/ Two wheelers so it's very important for slow-moving traffic to respect their lanes irrespective of the traffic on the road.
Turbanator is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 11:27   #33002
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
This 3 wheeler had no business driving in that lane, period. In Delhi, we have left lanes for commercial traffic but except when there is checking or cameras, they go all over. Many other cities are worst. People have no clue to lane driving.

Not trying to defend the car driver but, slow-moving traffic has to stay in their lanes.
I agree with you on the need for lane discipline.

But we lack proper town planning in India, for starters. Lane discipline is possible only when other things are prim and proper - zoning to control where businesses are set up and how many homes per zone in order to control traffic, a proper shoulder, no parking on the carriageway,...the list is long...whenever there's a right turn coming up, the road should be broadened so that there's a dedicated lane for motorists to wait by the median before crossing over. We lack so many of these in India. Lane discipline is only one missing requisite from amongst a laundry list of missing items for us.
locusjag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 12:25   #33003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian2003 View Post
Laws need to be changed. In Europe it does not matter when you are caught. If you leave the scene of an accident with bodily injury or death, you will lose your drivers licence for life. The rest of the charges are added on in court.
Indian scenario is much different. At least half the car drivers would be lynched to death by the angry mob that forms after every accident - at that point it doesn't matter whose fault it was (and even if it was the driver, mob justice is not the answer). Any reasonable person would flee the scene. That's just self preservation, and you can't penalise that. Similar discussion was on this very thread some 2-3 pages back.

Of course, fleeing, hiding away and lying to the cops is an entirely different thing altogether. But we need to keep these things in mind when we compare our laws to those of civilised societies.
N.A.GTC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 16:37   #33004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_fear View Post
Busa owner tires burst. Bmw owner rear ended the Busa. The Yamuna expressway is concrete and not tar so it shreds the tires too fast and the speeds of the riders were indeed very unmentionable.

I know the BMW owner very well. I bought the MV from him. Really sad to hear about this tragic and unfortunate accident.
Quote:
Two young riders lost lives yesterday, guy on BMW- XR rear ended the Busa at unmentionable speeds.
More details on this video (This video is a series of Vlogs, I think the group was on a trip to Mussoorie)-

The pics are horrific. I follow this Vlog to make sure I don't do what he (and the group) does while riding. Speed thrills, but kills ultimately. May the departed RIP.

Last edited by LordSharan : 30th June 2021 at 16:38.
LordSharan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 16:43   #33005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
I follow this Vlog to make sure I don't do what he (and the group) does while riding. Speed thrills, but kills ultimately. May the departed RIP.
This vlogger is an embarrassment to the entire biking community. He keeps posting videos promoting racing on the Yamuna expressway. There are numerous videos of him racing at dangerous speeds on that rust bucket. The saddest thing is a lot of youngsters get super excited seeing his videos and emulate him.
no_fear is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 17:16   #33006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This vlogger is an embarrassment to the entire biking community. He keeps posting videos promoting racing on the Yamuna expressway. There are numerous videos of him racing at dangerous speeds on that rust bucket. The saddest thing is a lot of youngsters get super excited seeing his videos and emulate him.
Yup. Like this infamous clickbait video of doing Delhi to Agra in 15 minutes (which is the duration of the video and not the actual time)

I had to literally explain to someone in my office that it is not possible who was arguing only after reading the title

P.s - I thought better sense would prevail and he would remove it as its easy for authorities to book him if they want too.
SnS_12 is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 17:26   #33007
BHPian

Quote:
Oh absolutely and insanely cringe worthy content too. He scared me really bad while I was riding back alone to Noida on NH8 by cutting too close on his obnoxiously loud Busa.

But I am really hoping that he has learnt his lesson through this experience and he does what he said in the video i.e. no more riding like an idiot. Even if half of these moto vloggers start riding more responsibly and start educating the youngers guys, we can actually have a half decent riding culture where riders respect one another and do not see every other rider as a potential street race.

But then how would they get the views and likes and subscribes that they all seem so hungry for. Sigh.
RohanDheman is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 17:36   #33008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Oh
But I am really hoping that he has learnt his lesson through this experience and he does what he said in the video i.e. no more riding like an idiot..
He will learn his lesson..lol. there is a bigger chance of dinosaurs coming back alive than this clown fixing his riding behavior. I know him since 2018. He had approached me to do some videos for promoting some of the products I was offering to Kawasaki

Used my Kawasaki Ninja, rode it like a complete lunatic, and then told everyone it's his bike. He has no riding skills. He thinks riding 200kmph in a straight line makes him a top notch rider. I have had the displeasure of meeting him many times and I avoid him like the plague. He made that tribute video for likes and to monetize it. Don't believe a word this poser says. I won't be surprised if he posts a video racing on the expressway next month.

Btw - the actual accident, the riders were on a Sunday joyride. They were stopped by police from entering, found a side access through the villages and joined the freeway. There were 10 of them riding.

Last edited by no_fear : 30th June 2021 at 17:43.
no_fear is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 17:48   #33009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He has no riding skills.
What are you saying Broooo. Man and his team are Pro (as per their own disclaimer)

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-12f67b5c3751410493e970f79726321e.jpeg

Why are the Delhi cops not targeting this juicy low lying fruit. His own statements and videos will themselves do wonders for him in the courts
SnS_12 is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 17:48   #33010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
More details on this video...Speed thrills, but kills ultimately. May the departed RIP.
RIP to the departed.

Sorry if it offends anyone but when I see such things the "sitting on the chair cop's song" plays in the background of my head.

Never EVER overspeed and put other's life in danger.

Peace out! laalaalallallaa...
RavSam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 17:49   #33011
BHPian

Quote:
Btw - the actual accident, the riders were on a Sunday joyride. They were stopped by police from entering, found a side access through the villages and joined the freeway. There were 10 of them riding.
Jesus- so it is this blatant disregard for rules that cost 2 people their lives. The expressway has been shut for a while now for Sunday morning rides. Saturdays still you can go but Sundays is mostly a no no because of the sheer number of complaints that Noida/Greater Noida police received. Most of these bikers used to assemble at the DND toll and now you will see cops parked there from as early as 5am on Sunday to prevent bikers from lining up and mindlessly revving the nuts off their machines. The problems with incidents like this is that those who want to ride peaceful end up coming on the cop's radar and face unnecessary harassment pretty much on a weekly basis.
RohanDheman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 17:51   #33012
BHPian

Quote:
I would agree if this was being said for a rail road track. No one should have any business being on a track, and expect the consequences, if they are.

However our roads are more nuanced. We don’t have proper lighting, markings or planning. Getting a license is a joke. Anyone can get one. If we don’t have ideal conditions to make drivers understand rules, we should not expect everyone to know them. That is where defensive driving comes in.

The Audi driver is fully at fault here. He should not have driven in such a manner. Just because something is there where it should not be, it does not give anyone the right to barrel through it.
Old 30th June 2021, 17:56   #33013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Most of these bikers used to assemble at the DND toll and now you will see cops parked there from as early as 5am on Sunday.
They were fined 5000 rupees each last time. That didn't deter them from coming back. I never venture anywhere near that DND toll booth on Sundays. Stay home and watch TV. Anyways after this crash, the police will be just sitting there waiting to beat the brains out of any biker foolish to go there on a Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post
What are you saying Broooo. Man and his team are Pro (as per their own disclaimer)
Rofl. They are beyond pro. They are so pro that this clown fell off his own bike while standing, coz the floor was slippery. And then posted a video of it to earn likes.
no_fear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 21:03   #33014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnS_12 View Post

Why are the Delhi cops not targeting this juicy low lying fruit. His own statements and videos will themselves do wonders for him in the courts
Experience of more than 20 years!!

Is this guy talking about himself or total for the team? To me, he doesn't seem more than 38 years. So, he's claiming on public forum that he rode/ drove at earlier age. May be driving a non-gear scooty at 16 also counts as Professional Experience. And what were the bikes he was driving 15 years and before. Does that experience led to him behaving like lunatic ?

By the way, great work on the background soundtrack with levels maintained as per his speech. So much grief, pouring out immediately.

Sorry to sound heartless, but I literally hate such hyperspeeding guys.

I too hit speeds touching 200kmph, but then it's on controlled test tracks. On highways like Yamuna Expressway and even Eastern Peripheral Expressway, I set my vehicle to cruise around 95kmph, touching 100kmph while overtaking.
AutoNoob is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 22:04   #33015
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Why are we wasting time and space on this thread discussing about the antics of clowns. Clowns who have money to purchase a superbike, but nothing beyond that. People think driving fast at insane speeds automatically confers "professional" status on themselves. Morons.

Last edited by GTO : 1st July 2021 at 07:50. Reason: Please use CAPITALS as appropriate. Thanks
venkyhere is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed