Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2021, 10:17   #33151
Team-BHP Support

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by REN View Post
Hit-and-run by a Creta somewhere on the Salem - Coimbatore highway. Absolutely horrifying stuff.

https://twitter.com/pramodmadhav6/st...758019076?s=21
Zooming into the video, it appears as if the owner has blanked out the plates. I hope he does his bit to ensure the Creta owner is served justice.
Old 27th July 2021, 12:13   #33152
REN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Zooming into the video, it appears as if the owner has blanked out the plates. I hope he does his bit to ensure the Creta owner is served justice.
The driver of the Creta has now been arrested. Slightly longer footage from the same dashcam shows a few more seconds leading up to the accident.

https://twitter.com/GunasekaranMu/st...01712643592196
REN is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 17:06   #33153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by REN View Post
....Slightly longer footage from the same dashcam shows a few more seconds leading up to the accident.
Have personally observed these kind of rash overtaking behaviors increase after the lockdown on our highways.

Especially gets worse during the return leg on after a weekend in the evenings on highways when most are in a great hurry to reach home and frantically trying to overtake each other.
There is nothing achieved from a few minutes gained at the cost of putting everyone at extreme risk.
for_cars1 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 19:29   #33154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
... There is nothing achieved from a few minutes gained at the cost of putting everyone at extreme risk.
I suppose that if you can get past everyone in front, then that wins the race. But how can anyone live at that constant level of competitive stress! But it seems to be the norm for some people
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 20:01   #33155
Distinguished - BHPian

Regarding that creta accident that knocked out the 2 guys on the motorcycle, we have the update on news.

4 occupants of Creta were arrested today. On investigation, it is known that they were returning from a famous temple, praying and taking an oath that they will quit drinking, but ironically, drank and drove, leading to this ordeal.

All 4 were drunk. What I fail to understand is how can cops charge all 4 when the driver alone is at fault here, legally.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 27th July 2021 at 20:02.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 20:06   #33156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Regarding that creta accident that knocked out the 2 guys on the motorcycle, we have the update on news.

4 occupants of Creta were arrested today. On investigation, it is known that they were returning from a famous temple, praying and taking an oath that they will quit drinking, but ironically, drank and drove, leading to this ordeal.

All 4 were drunk. What I fail to understand is how can cops charge all 4 when the driver alone is at fault here, legally.
Just saw the video.
Absolutely horrific and completely avoidable.
Do we have an update on well being of both riders?
I hope those Creta guys rot behind a cell for a long time.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 20:08   #33157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Just saw the video.
The riders survived, the Superintendent of Police had made a statement that their survival is solely because they both were wearing helmets.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 20:30   #33158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The riders survived, the Superintendent of Police had made a statement that their survival is solely because they both were wearing helmets.
Glad to know both of them are fine

Can someone throw light on why one of the riders had his legs shaking after the impact ?

This incident also shows that despite however safe we ride/drive, we are subject to the actions of other irresponsible motorists on the road.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 20:47   #33159
BHPian

Quote:

Others are too guilty, because they fled away from the crime scene, per se.

Glad that the bikers are safe, Thank God.

ps: Today I was driving my bike, and each second I was glancing the rearview mirror for such imbeciles, man that video gives me chill.

Last edited by Vasuki : 27th July 2021 at 20:48.
Vasuki is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 20:48   #33160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Can someone throw light on why one of the riders had his legs shaking after the impact ?
I am no medico, but I am positive that it was adrenaline kicking in.
Old 27th July 2021, 21:52   #33161
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Just saw the video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Glad to know both of them are fine

This incident also shows that despite however safe we ride/drive, we are subject to the actions of other irresponsible motorists on the road.

It's heartbreaking to watch the ending of the video where the pillion rider was moving his legs in pain due to the impact caused on the brain and spinal cord (may be the impact happened during his fall on the side metal railings to the boundary of the road) it was totally heart breaking to see that. I hope driver of the creta gets a maximum jail term without any bail in this case

Last edited by WhiteSierra : 27th July 2021 at 21:54. Reason: used multiquote
WhiteSierra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 22:48   #33162
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

On the Creta hit and run, imagine if it had been a truck/tractor (without under-run bars at that) instead of the ill-fated 2 wheeler at that spot. The occupants of the Creta would have learnt the biggest and the last lesson of their life at that very moment. I guess most of the truck rear-endings (where the car is sliced into 2 at the A-pillar) we see on this thread are caused by a similar driving style.

Hope the bike guys recover completely and are able to get over the mental trauma caused by this attempted vehicular homicide.
Old 27th July 2021, 23:46   #33163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
...Today I was driving my bike, and each second I was glancing the rearview mirror for such imbeciles, man that video gives me chill.
Watching footage of such horrific accidents is chilling to the bone! Can only imagine the post-accident mental trauma that those bike guys will undergo.

Good to know that the law caught up with the Creta driver. Yet to understand why people overspeed like crazy on highways, exactly what's the adrenaline rush they get!
Old 28th July 2021, 00:46   #33164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am no medico, but I am positive that it was adrenaline kicking in.
No medico either, but head/skull injuries can trigger such spasms or twitching of arms. From what I could see, the rider was thrown to the metal barrier with a good amount of force from the impact.
Old 28th July 2021, 07:48   #33165
Senior - BHPian

Whoa the Creta & bike accident is horrific like any other. The rider of the bike was in shock for few seconds. Thankfully he & pillion, both were wearing helmets (strapped on tight), which is the only safety aid available to bike riders in general. Defensive riding/ driving didn't help all because of another "Nut behind wheel".

Most Viewed