Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2021, 13:01   #33286
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post

https://indianexpress.com/article/ci...ishap-7449815/

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=w3jGO6Tjy1g&t=70s

A seatbelt or having a door would have saved him. Totally overlooked the safety aspects. So cruel to get killed by something that he built himself. RIP.
Seat belt might have saved him. On running the video slowly it appears he had been thrown forward and hit his head on the A pillar of the copter before the rotor comes down.
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 13:03   #33287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
expecting that everything around them will adapt and move to maintain a bubble of safety for them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
riders risks their lives umpteen times relying on breaks of others and one day the luck just runs out
I agree, confidence level seems to be very high of these riders on capability of other vehicles to stop or give way for them. I am also amazed to see so many other violations in the same video right in presence of a traffic cop.

In some other news:
Quote:
In a shocking incident, a traffic cop was dragged for several metres by a man who was stopped by the cops for not wearing a helmet. The incident took place in Assam’s Nagaon district during a traffic police drive against traffic violators. On being intercepted, the man without helmet tried to flee the scene. But in his attempt to run away, the youth dragged a traffic cop along with his scooter. He was later detained by police.
airbus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 14:09   #33288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Seatbelt or a door would not have saved him. The impact was through the windshield. Salute the spirit and passion of the person. Was not a rich person. Such people will transform India one day.
While we should appreciate the spirit and passion of the person, such attempts with out proper application of engineering concepts, theoretical calculations and safety protocols always end up in disasters.

The uncle claims in the video that, he was developing a 7L helicopter with a Maruti 800 engine, like everyone know anything with four tires cannot be called a car, similarly anything with 2 blades cannot be called a helicopter. A helicopter is more complex than a fixed wing plane. The tail rotor could not even take the load when on ground. Imagine what would have happened if this were to be air borne by some miracle.
poloman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 15:38   #33289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
A seatbelt or having a door would have saved him. Totally overlooked the safety aspects. So cruel to get killed by something that he built himself. RIP.
While the end in itself is pitiable, Rotor Dynamics or Metallurgy is not for the unqualified (Read - Uneducated) person. Even in my 15 years in aviation industry and turbine industry combined (not in design dept), only the design/engineering department calls the shots, the rest just go by what is laid out in the drawing or BOM - no questions asked.

The structural fabrication looked spot on in the video, may be he could have done an amazing go-kart, or like wise an e-Bike.

This is a case of right attitude barking up the wrong tree.
svsantosh is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 15:39   #33290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venbas View Post
One leading Private insurer refused to give me OBD device citing that the vehicle has crossed X number of year's!
You are being cheated. My sisters 16 Yr old car had an accident, they only asked for the 15Yr + green tax and passing details, but this year 17th they refused comprehensive and told us to take 3rd party.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 18:45   #33291
BHPian

6 Men, 4 Women and one baby perished (11 People in a car ???). Looks like it was T Boned by Lorry. The car must have entered main road without slowing.
No lessons will be learned

Link contains Gory Pictures.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rip_01.jpg
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-rip_02.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...79227203561765

Last edited by Sarvodaya : 14th August 2021 at 18:46.
Sarvodaya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 21:11   #33292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
No offense to any women riders/drivers and there are many good ones too!.
Offence duly taken, on their behalf

They are no worse ---and no better--- than the guys on two wheels. And probably those guys taught them.

I used to expect that a woman would have more care and respect for her child when carrying on two-wheeler. I don't any longer. It was just another useless gender stereotype!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 00:08   #33293
SLK
Senior - BHPian

My camera caught an unfortunate accident today. It all happened so quick that I couldn't even understand what just happened.

To me it was the Brezza on the right which changed lanes and this guy (a Jetta?) who was faster than the Brezza and was passing from the left kind of lost control and hit the very slow moving scooter on the left. And then the Jetta guy just ran! and almost hit me too, I almost went into the car on the right to save.

(ignore the timestamp, its of the future, off by a couple of hours, I think)

Hope and pray the two wheeler guy survived without serious injuries (his flimsy helmet sure didn't help).

Also got to know the camera is useless in capturing number plates.
SLK is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 02:38   #33294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
My camera caught an unfortunate accident today. It all happened so quick that I couldn't even understand what just happened.

Brezza might have changed lanes without checking the mirror. However the Jetta was clearly over speeding. Also I saw the video couple of times, does not look like the Jetta ran, he just seems to be chasing after the Brezza for causing the accident.

It is totally wrong to leave the accident spot and can be considered a hit and run by law however it looked like he was chasing after the Brezza. Hope the biker was fine, he bore the brunt for no fault of his.
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 06:32   #33295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Brezza might have changed lanes without checking the mirror. However the Jetta was clearly over speeding. Also I saw the video couple of times, does not look like the Jetta ran, he just seems to be chasing after the Brezza for causing the accident.

It is totally wrong to leave the accident spot and can be considered a hit and run by law however it looked like he was chasing after the Brezza. Hope the biker was fine, he bore the brunt for no fault of his.
There are 2 possibilites and 1 certainty:

1. The Jetta was speeding
2a. Brezza changed lanes to let Jetta pass
2b. More likely that Brezza changed lanes to not let Jetta pass

Both are equally at fault. However, the Jetta quite clearly was too dangerous for such a busy road.

I hope the biker is fine.
Old 15th August 2021, 08:47   #33296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Notice the helmet was stuck under the Jetta for quite some distance?

That guy is lucky to be able to get up after the hit even after his helmet fell off. Wonder when people will learn to fasten the damn thing.
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 08:59   #33297
BHPian

Quote:
I guess that since the old scooter didn't have a working taillight the Jetta guy never saw him.

To me the Jetta guy is at fault here..if there is a signal coming up then I don't understand the need to go that fast on inner city roads at night.

Don't think he was chasing after the Brezza. If so, he would have checked on the scooter guy first. He almost caused a second accident trying to get away.

Could be an underage or drink driver. Can you tell me which dashcam this is? I guess most of them won't capture plates at night.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 10:18   #33298
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Notice the helmet was stuck under the Jetta for quite some distance?
Yes and did you see where the two wheeler ended up! Makes me think, the rider must have landed on the car and then fallen off. One can actually see his hand/ leg in the air at the moment of the crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Can you tell me which dashcam this is?
70mai dashcam lite 1080p with GPS module.
SLK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 11:57   #33299
BHPian

Mod Note : Personal attacks on fellow BHPians & rude posts are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family, and any discriminating or derogatory comment will NOT be permitted.

Please ALWAYS be civil, polite & respectful to other members...even in debate.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 15th August 2021 at 18:39.
Nalin1 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th August 2021, 21:06   #33300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
While we should appreciate the spirit and passion of the person, such attempts with out proper application of engineering concepts, theoretical calculations and safety protocols always end up in disasters.

The uncle claims in the video that, he was developing a 7L helicopter with a Maruti 800 engine, like everyone know anything with four tires cannot be called a car, similarly anything with 2 blades cannot be called a helicopter. A helicopter is more complex than a fixed wing plane. The tail rotor could not even take the load when on ground. Imagine what would have happened if this were to be air borne by some miracle.
I don't know if you are aware Soichiro Honda had no formal education. Is probably the greatest engine designer of all times.

There are lot of guys with Engineering Degrees in India who know zilch about engineering. They just survive in an existing eco system. Just feeding some numbers in a software. Only good at adopting already existing technology. Cannot create anything original.

His attempt failed. But look at the guy's guts and determination against odds. He actually did build something using his meagre resources. He may not have the intellectual capacity to understand what is needed. But as Indians evolve I am sure someone will have. Knowledge can be acquired. If we as India has to evolve as a technology creator from technology consumer, we have to respect people who actually try and build something.
JediKnight is online now   (22) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks