Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2021, 10:46   #33886
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
This is a fair point. I strongly think there should be a way that these dashcam videos get auto uploaded / emailed to trusted friends list after an accident. Because a regular micro SD card can be stolen or wrested from us in the melee right after an accident. Best is to save the facts of the case from any negative vested elements - local police would have zero interest in a honest investigation.
Instead of Dashcam use a truck / bus surveillance system. It is a set of 5 or 6 cameras, and has a sim slot, and streams videos in packages to the owners office along with GPS data every few seconds.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 11:11   #33887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Sad, car checks out to be a Figo. Judging by the damage, it was travelling quite fast
Its a Figo, from these photographs which i got on FB (Rushlane Crashlane). Early morning , high speed, i guess a recipe for a disaster, RIP.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-251080803_592461281968594_1007101805363856019_n.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-251553373_592461118635277_8453077385020304550_n.jpg  

sparky@home is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 11:29   #33888
Distinguished - BHPian

It's a Figo. Passed the spot in the morning. Was a gruesome sight.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_1.jpg

Saw couple of similar accidents last week. This "so called highway" is super dangerous now with many unscientific U turns.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 11:43   #33889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This "so called highway" is super dangerous now with many unscientific U turns.
During my occasional visits to Kerala, I do Thiruvalla - Thrissur few times. This section of the drive is a nightmare, mainly for the gaps from service road to the main "highway". Vehicles suddenly pop up from the U-turns. Need to be very careful with speeds in check.
rajivr1612 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 12:22   #33890
BHPian

Another incident of life loss because of not bucking up. Not much details hope someone can shed more light on this incident.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india...746408213.html
Old 1st November 2021, 14:13   #33891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Being rear-ended is others guy's fault 99% of the time no matter what the circumstances are. One could think of so many evasive actions in hindsight but it is just bad luck and we have to accept the risks in life and move on.
Sorry, it is always 100% rear guy's fault. No need for the 1% doubt. It is the rear guys responsibility to maintain proper stopping distance between cars. That is one rule always I hear when I drive out of India (not even sure if we have this in the rule book) and it just saves so much argument as to why the brakes were applied suddenly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
Instead of Dashcam use a truck / bus surveillance system. It is a set of 5 or 6 cameras, and has a sim slot, and streams videos in packages to the owners office along with GPS data every few seconds.

Rahul
Will be helpful if you can please share a link of the product that you are referring to.

Last edited by pandabear : 1st November 2021 at 14:17.
pandabear is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 14:52   #33892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
Will be helpful if you can please share a link of the product that you are referring to.
Lot of products like these in the market.
https://www.bosch-mobility-solutions...camera-system/
https://www.vmukti.com/solution/bus-surveillance/
https://www.seon.com/
https://www.axiomtek.com/ArticlePage...emId=1909&t=27
Just make sure that whatever you buy has internet connectivity, either wifi, 4G with sim, or ethernet cable connected to independent on board tab or phone.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 21:56   #33893
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
During my occasional visits to Kerala, I do Thiruvalla - Thrissur few times. This section of the drive is a nightmare, mainly for the gaps from service road to the main "highway". Vehicles suddenly pop up from the U-turns. Need to be very careful with speeds in check.
This may not have anything to do with the roads, but the driver attitude and driving habit. On my recent round trip drive between Mysore and Gudalur, I see lot of (certainly not all) KL cars/jeeps/mini trucks driving very dangerously, with no courtesy or consideration to other vehicles or pedestrians. So I am not surprised that we often see relatively higher share of accident reports from KL.

Hope everyone realizes that reckless driving is dangerous.
manjubp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 21:31   #33894

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
This may not have anything to do with the roads, but the driver attitude and driving habit. On my recent round trip drive between Mysore and Gudalur, I see lot of (certainly not all) KL cars/jeeps/mini trucks driving very dangerously, with no courtesy or consideration to other vehicles or pedestrians. So I am not surprised that we often see relatively higher share of accident reports from KL.

Hope everyone realizes that reckless driving is dangerous.
Very True. Even though I am a Keralite, I am scared of taking my car out for any trip. I used to think twice before taking my car.

Here everybody is in hurry and don't care about other vehicles in road. And all think they are professional drivers.

I met with two accidents (including a fatal one) in last 3 years due to someone else's fault. I mostly drive in Bangalore roads and less than 5% driving in Kerala.

First one was in 2018 June, an Alto lost control and hit my Ritz in a speed of 80 kmph (speedometer stuck at 80+). This accident happened to me in an empty urban road. The person who drove the Alto died on spot and he was not wearing Seat Belts. I was saved by Seat Belts and was in bed rest for two weeks as the doctors suspected a minor fracture on my lower rib due to the seatbelts.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-1.jpg
Name:  2.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  134.1 KB

Second one was in this year and a pickup truck (Ashok Leyland Dhosth) lost control and hit my Ecosport from Front Right Hand Side (Already posted this incident in the same thread).

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-3.jpg
m_sobin is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 23:22   #33895
BHPian

Makes you realise how vulnerable one is on the road, even in city limits. The car came out of nowhere

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd November 2021 at 13:22. Reason: Capitalizing the starting word. Thanks.
siddhant is online now   (41) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 11:44   #33896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
makes you realise how vulnerable one is on the road, even in city limits. The car came out of nowhere
But, what made that Polo to take such a maneuver and so hastily? He seemed to be parked happily there
saisree is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 12:35   #33897
BHPian

The Polo hero was joining the road in his own inimitable style like walking into his bedroom from his bathroom.

The auto driver was totally caught off guard, not surprisingly. He was still in a daze!. Did a meteor just land in front?

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd November 2021 at 13:19. Reason: Removed unwanted bits from the post, please be more careful when framing posts. Thanks.
Nalin1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 15:41   #33898
BHPian

Quote:
https://Youtu.be/-4JA-9GBkkQ

Makes you realise how vulnerable one is on the road, even in city limits. The car came out of nowhere
Looks like the driver of the polo panicked after finding an auto beside him and mixed up the brake pedal with the accelerator. The polo goes on to hit the median and flip!
To the good fortune of everyone else involved, the polo did its antics just after the speed breaker.
whitewing is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 18:09   #33899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Another tragic accident during the wee hours. 2019 Miss Kerala winner and runner up killed in an accident at Vytilla, Kochi. There were 4 occupants, 2 being treated in hospital and the 2 killed on the spot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Sad, car checks out to be a Figo. Judging by the damage, it was travelling quite fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Early morning , high speed, i guess a recipe for a disaster, RIP.
Based on the FB reports from folks closer to the incident, it appears like the car tried evading an abrupt two wheeler entry from the side road. Being at some speed and narrow roads, it lost control and crashed.
Old 3rd November 2021, 18:48   #33900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
https://Youtu.be/-4JA-9GBkkQ

Biker was so lucky. Literally was sandwiched between car and auto. Luckily escaped with some injury to leg. Auto driver was in complete daze and took him few moments to realize what's happening.

I think Polo guy mistakingly pressed accelerator instead of brake.
harry10 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed