Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2022, 17:48   #34876
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Nevertheless, the number of things that could have gone wrong is just limitless.
Seems like the two bullock carts are racing! The Buffalo did the right thing (no pun intended). Karma served on a cold plate

Indeed, a lot of things could have gone wrong. Lucky escape for the people involved. Glad that the motorcyclist could manage to escape.
Dhillon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 19:33   #34877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Popped up on twitter some time back. Mahindra Thar running over an individual in Delhi caught on CCTV.
Quite a chilling video. I am in two minds whether it was a deliberate move or a distracted/sleepy driver. While I initially thought it could be a distracted/sleepy driver, the apparant smooth recovery of the vehicle immediately after hitting the man up on the pavement does not have any jerky (surprised) motion of a person who lost control of the vehicle. This makes me wonder that it could have been a deliberate hit.
DriverR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 20:36   #34878
BHPian

Not exactly an accident but a failed suicidal mission.

A group of higher secondary students recklessly perform stunts in the grounds of Malabar Christian College and this happened.

Evidently, the Octavia hit RE himalayan owing to poor visibility, knocking both the rider and pillion off the motorcycle. What a bunch of morons!
Pferdestarke is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 21:28   #34879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post

What a bunch of morons!

Usually whenever I open this thread and see any post, I feel sorry for people who are involved, injured or lost their lives in accidents. But here, I have no sympathy for the biker and pillion nor the skoda driver. That was indeed a failed suicidal mission. Well deserved for all the stupidity!

A case must be booked on the college administration and organizers for allowing such a stupid event in their campus ground.
WhiteSierra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 22:08   #34880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Popped up on twitter some time back. Mahindra Thar running over an individual in Delhi caught on CCTV.

https://twitter.com/priyanktripathi/...VnNijeYsg&s=19
Whole incident happening in broad daylight makes it even more scary. Don't want to declare it as deliberate but somehow it has a very unnatural feel to it.
From the video it looks like the vehicle did not run over the person but knocked him hard enough with the left fender causing brain/spine injuries that resulted in fatality.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 04:58   #34881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post
A case must be booked on the college administration and organizers for allowing such a stupid event in their campus ground.
Wow. India is getting rich these days. I wonder if any of these participants have even spent one day of their life toiling and earning a few rupees. Apparently they haven't had the need to. They should all be asked to plough the fields or clean the streets for some time. All this extra energy will be well spent and they won't think of this stunt business going forward.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 11:22   #34882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
number of things that could have gone wrong is just limitless.
I always wonder why we coined the word 'Humane' when we Humans are only capable of such senseless and deplorable cruelty against animals.

I don't want to sound too In-humane but I would have liked this video more if all those dumb heads were run over by a truck in the opposite lane
Old 31st March 2022, 11:54   #34883
BHPian

Re: Recklessly driven XUV 700 crashes into T. N. transport bus: SUV's 5 passengers safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
Exactly my thoughts. My friends urge me to drive fast on highways (I am a sober driver). I tell them, it's safe not to drive fast - they immediately shoot back saying, your car has 7 airbags, you don't need to worry, your car is made to only go fast. If you had to go below 100 kmph, why did you buy this one?
I have also experienced something similar when I got my bike in late 90s. I would always wear a helmet while riding within city or on highways.

Many people in my social circle would say that I should ride at 90-100 KM/Hr speeds and the helmet would protect me. On top of that I was butt of jokes for wearing helmet and labelled as coward.

Even in today's date many people have a thought process that there is no need to wear a helmet or use a seat belt since there is no checking going on. They don't think of helmets, seat belts etc as a safety tool.

Few years back I chauffeured an army officer in my car and had a hard time getting him to use the seat belt. His logic: If police stops us, he will handle the situation.

And these are educated people.
manchandap is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 15:11   #34884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSierra View Post

This is the only part of your post that I don't agree with. I'm glad these idiots had a place for their stunts where only other idiots are present. I am definitely relieved the authorities didn't send them out into the streets where innocents would have been at risk instead!
ChevyTeddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 15:55   #34885
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
This is the only part of your post that I don't agree with. I'm glad these idiots had a place for their stunts where only other idiots are present. I am definitely relieved the authorities didn't send them out into the streets where innocents would have been at risk instead!
Watch the video beginning again. They drive into that yard from the street. That is exactly what bothers me about this video.

On private land, people may do what they wish, however stupid.

Actually, if I understood correctly, this is college land? The college should discipline them.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 21:17   #34886
BHPian

Re: Recklessly driven XUV 700 crashes into T. N. transport bus: SUV's 5 passengers safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchandap View Post
Even in today's date many people have a thought process that there is no need to wear a helmet or use a seat belt since there is no checking going on. They don't think of helmets, seat belts etc as a safety tool.

Few years back I chauffeured an army officer in my car and had a hard time getting him to use the seat belt. His logic: If police stops us, he will handle the situation
I can relate to this. I recently met a friend of mine after a long time and we decided to head out for lunch in his car. When I tried to put the seatbelt on, I have noticed something obstructing the buckle and this is when I learnt that there is an abomination for this exact purpose called a seat-belt clip/buckle.

It looked something like this:

Name:  51KOl6zcAOL._SX679_.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  20.8 KB

Worse still, he felt proud that he was able to fool the vehicle's seat belt reminder system

Last edited by furyrider : 31st March 2022 at 21:18. Reason: Typo
furyrider is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 01:20   #34887
BHPian

Never thought I would be posting here

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_20220401010854_whatsapp.jpg

This is my Quanto which was sold by me to my cousin 6 months ago. His mother was on passenger side and passed away on the spot. Happened opposite Vijayawada Airport around 4:30 pm today.

This is the 2nd tragedy within 6 days. My uncle (both not related to each other) also died in a road (moped) accident last week. He had to overtake an overloaded tractor carrying dry grass. He was carrying a gas cylinder which hit an auto and broke his leg. This resulted him in loosing control of his moped and his head hit the road.

I am not posting the photos containing dead bodies. They are too gruesome.

Culprit in both the cases. A tractor and a Truck parked on roadside on busy highway.

A completely forgettable March 2022 for me.

Last edited by dsuman : 1st April 2022 at 01:34. Reason: Spelling
dsuman is offline   (51) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 03:02   #34888
BANNED

My condolences.
We are all at the mercy of these trucks without under run bars. Nothing can save you.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 11:03   #34889
BHPian

Quote:

A group of higher secondary students recklessly perform stunts in the grounds of Malabar Christian College and this happened.

https://Youtu.be/WecnoFlmfJA

Evidently, the Octavia hit RE himalayan owing to poor visibility, knocking both the rider and pillion off the motorcycle. What a bunch of morons!
Idiots deserved every bit of it. How irresponsible and wonder what the local cops were doing? May have been asked to look the other way!
sumathindra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 11:35   #34890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

https://Youtu.be/WecnoFlmfJA

They were lucky to escape injuries as they fell in sand and not hard land. Like everyone else said, no sympathies for these morons. Along with school/college administration i blame the parents for providing their kids who i am sure aren't even licensed with the means to kill others and themselves. Cops as usual must be busy cutting challans to make revenue instead of booking these hooligans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchandap View Post

Few years back I chauffeured an army officer in my car and had a hard time getting him to use the seat belt. His logic: If police stops us, he will handle the situation.

And these are educated people.
I have given up on educating the educated. Their life, their choice.

The only people i make a point to educate and even argue with regarding safety is my family and friends i care about. Thanks to me, my Parents and wife make a point to belt up as soon as they sit in the car. Even if to please me i am satisfied they atleast do so. They have finally understood the importance of airbags too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Watch the video beginning again. They drive into that yard from the street. That is exactly what bothers me about this video.

On private land, people may do what they wish, however stupid.

Actually, if I understood correctly, this is college land? The college should discipline them.
True. Looks like these antics started on some street and then carried over to this ground. Innocents usually pay price for these things. Thankfully no one did this time.
harry10 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks