Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2022, 19:20   #35251

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

An accident happened to my brother few years back near Kurnool when he was solo driving from Bangaluru to Hyderabad. He still believes that the reason for the accident is an axle break though its a mystery still. Some facts about this event.
- He was shifting half of his house holds in this car which includes a 42 inch LED TV, a microwave oven (these are been used still) and lot of other stuffs. Nothing got damaged not even a scratch.
- Only 2 things got scrapped, a Thulsi pot and the car itself (insurance claimed as total loss).
- Thankfully the car toppled to the left 3-4 times and fell to a barren land. There was no roadside guard rail for just a stretch of 1 KM.
- A local farmer ran towards the car to check if any one is alive in the car to notice my brother struck in the driver seat with doors jammed. The guy broke the windows with a stone and pulled my brother out.
- All the pics were taken by the driver himself.
- Other than seat belt no other safety features in the car.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-b8b4f7d47627451fa9e47a9ed4aacb96.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-f5a434dd6b1e4c75a5d1ebb80918bd8e.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-5a36c2934227470fa8d75cc9ff52dcdd.jpg
aniams is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 20:40   #35252
BHPian

Here is the video link

Sarvodaya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 15:38   #35253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Haryana Woman Arrested After Her Range Rover SUV Rams Car, Kills A Man

Source : NDTV

Ambala Range Rover accident: Accused girl sent to jail for 14 days

Source : Newsbuzz

Quote:
The driver of a Range Rover car, which hit a car parked on the National Highway in Haryana’s Ambala, has been sent to judicial custody. The girl arrested after the accident was presented before the judge by the Ambala police, from where she has been sent to jail for 14 days.

SHO Police Station Padav Suraj said that along with other sections, a case of assault with the police has also been registered.
I hope there's a speedy trial and guilty person be given full punishment as per law.
AutoNoob is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 15:49   #35254
Distinguished - BHPian

Even the safest car in India can't save you if you are driving carelessly, overspeeding and not wearing your seatbelts!

Happened on the night of 25th May, 2022 near Hinden Air Force Station at Ghaziabad, U.P.

3 occupants in this 7OO, as per reports. The XUV went out of control and off the road, rolled over at least 3 times (possibly more), all 3 occupants were thrown outside, sunroof got smashed to bits and the driver died on the spot.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 28th May 2022 at 15:53. Reason: Description.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 17:56   #35255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniams View Post
An accident happened to my brother few years back near Kurnool when he was solo driving from Bangaluru to Hyderabad.
Highly inexplicable events happen near a stretch after Kurnool, near to the toll gate.
There is a stretch of perfect tarmac - absolutely straight, wide and no up/downs either. Not heavily populated. But still, strange accidents happen there.

Once I was coming from Hyderabad to Bangalore. Crossed this toll gate and yet to reach the Bluemoon restaurant and saw an accident. A Honda City coming from Hyd, jumped over culvert, a ditch of 8-10 feet wide and landed on the other side in the fields, now facing Hyderabad direction.
A couple came out fully dazed and clueless of what happened. They were the only car on the road when it happened. They couldn't pick up might speeds as they just left the toll gate and within 1 km this happened. He is not on cruise control or anything. Heading to Blr for Diwali celebrations. I gave them some water, made them to settle down for 10 minutes and told them that they can forget about the car and count themselves very lucky as they didn't get even a scratch but the car is total loss. Even after 10minutes, when the guy came to his senses and started making calls to family, he couldn't explain what happened. Nobody knows.

Once, I saw a person dead in the middle of the road, right opposite to Bluemoon. Police vehicle already reached and there is no other vehicle - no debris, no signs of hard braking. The person himself doesn't have any injuries on his body. STRANGE.

Last edited by FORTified : 28th May 2022 at 17:58. Reason: One typo to be fixed
FORTified is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 22:47   #35256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORTified View Post
Highly inexplicable events happen near a stretch after Kurnool, near to the toll gate.
There is a stretch of perfect tarmac - absolutely straight, wide and no up/downs either. Not heavily populated. But still, strange accidents happen there.
I hope you are not referring to the “hand of God” here? There’s nothing inexplicable in road accidents.

Last edited by Axe77 : 30th May 2022 at 03:23. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 29th May 2022, 23:53   #35257
BHPian

Quote:
There is nothing strange about a person who had an accident to not remember the turn of events that caused the accident. A head injury before the memory is registered is the cause.
If you want the details about what caused these incidents, get in touch with the local police station.
Please do not scare me, I had driven from Hyderabad to Bangalore at least 15 times in the past 12 years and the next one may be coming in a few months.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 09:34   #35258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
Please do not scare me, I had driven from Hyderabad to Bangalore at least 15 times in the past 12 years and the next one may be coming in a few months.
Scare? Come on...
I drove to Hyderabad 8 times after that accident.

I am not talking about strangeness of driver forgetting everything.
I am referring to the strangeness of a car, as matured vehicle as a Honda city, jumping over a culvert wall, crossing a 8-10 feet wide ditch which is very deep and land on the other side with bruises on all sides including ceiling and facing the opposite direction and at a place where there is nothing that seems to be out of place and nothing visibly triggered such a chaotic incident.
To add to it, he just exited a toll gate and hence may not be sleeping at the wheel and couldn't have picked up escape velocity of Mars!

Police came after I treated the lady for a bruised finger and was about to leave. So they have much lesser info than I have.
FORTified is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 10:18   #35259
Senior - BHPian

No one got seriously injured as per the report.
ecenandu is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 11:20   #35260
BHPian

Quote:

A Honda City coming from Hyd, jumped over culvert, a ditch of 8-10 feet wide and landed on the other side in the fields, now facing Hyderabad direction.
A .
Well, I think there's more to this that meets the eye.

Hyderabad-Bangalore highway is quite infamous for its Crosswinds.

And also Kurnool-Ananthapuram stretch has lot of improperly laid out horizontal joints, especially at culvert crossings which are undulated non-uniformly that cause unwanted movement of the vehicles.

Crosswinds combined with those haphazard undulations will induce lot of sway onto vehicles , especially if they are tallboy designs or light steering ( like Honda City) which can baffle the drivers, if they are especially not acquainted with cross-winds and pushing them into uncontrolled movement.
poised2drive is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 11:47   #35261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
But the way people rushed towards the driver indicates that the aftermath maybe different than what is being claimed in the news. Typical crowd-justice obsession you know.
tbppjpr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 16:44   #35262
BHPian

Quote:
https://Youtu.be/8IT5KVGYyQ8
Please check again, I can see one person dead already! Wish my assumption is untrue.

Quote:
Police came after I treated the lady for a bruised finger and was about to leave. So they have much lesser info than I have.
When they came doesn't matter, I am asking to enquire about each accident from police station responsible for this area. They will have all the details for all the accidents that happened there.

Your post had an underlying notion of bad omen/ strange happenings which cannot be explained by science/ Act of God etc. Hence, I will be worried next time I cross the section. Will also look out for strange creatures around.

Last edited by MT_Hyderabad : 30th May 2022 at 16:56.
Old 30th May 2022, 17:15   #35263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
https://Youtu.be/8IT5KVGYyQ8
Unfortunately so many things wrong here, a combination which is a recipe for disaster. No footpaths, car parked in the shoulder (rather footpath) forcing people to walk on the roads, the ladies walking beside each other on the main road, a single lane highway (am sure it will be a highway, considering Kerala), the bike guys trying to take a full U turn without having patience to wait, car causing accident driving much faster for the road, the tanker lorry driving in the middle of the road (might be due to the accident) and the list can go on and on.

Kerala is direly in need of proper express highways, it will reduce half of these accidents if not all.

Last edited by sunikkat : 30th May 2022 at 17:17.
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 18:34   #35264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
a single lane highway (am sure it will be a highway, considering Kerala)
This road is NH 766 at Kunnamangalam, a commuter town of Calicut (quite close to the main gate of IIM Kozhikode).
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 22:10   #35265
Senior - BHPian

Seven killed in Andhra road accident as minivan rams into stationary truck - https://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...y-truck-164497

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks