Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2022, 05:23   #36076
Senior - BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
He's still holding the phone as he gets up!

smart phones. not-smart humans.
Thanks to the digital age, where you need to have an e-identity, e-wallet, e-profiles but need not have 24x7 electricity, good roads and clean water. You are no longer relevant without a mobile phone access for normal living, unless you want to renounce and go to the Himalayas or build a business/social empire where others do the mobile stuff for you.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 1st September 2022 at 05:25.
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 12:45   #36077
Distinguished - BHPian

A very common causative factor that kills pillion riders simply due to callousness and also due to ill-informed riders. Loose clothes get entangled to either the rear "alloy" wheel or its spokes or the chain/sprocket.

A woman pillion rider was killed in this incident yesterday.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-nagpur-city-line_20220901.jpeg

My Ind-Suzuki's owners' manual had listed a precautionary note to dissuade pillion riders from wearing loose clothes dangling like sarees and dhotis that could endanger their lives.

I am not sure as to whether the present day bikes carry such a precautions. And even if they how many of them (especially non bhpians) seriously read the safety instructions on the manual?
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 12:49   #36078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
I like this statement - 'Walked' back home.
It could have been worse.

Hyundai vs Hyundai below:
From the video it appears that the parking infront of the hotel is actually as wide (if not wider) as the main road itself. Its actually a miracle that accidents are 'less' frequent.
Old 1st September 2022, 15:04   #36079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpirocks View Post
In another incident, a person trying to operate his mobile phone while on a motorcycle lost balance and fell. Thankfully the guy didn't get any serious injury but this could have been fatal.
With due respect, for his age, this is not the maturity which is expected and I am sad that in our country if aged people like him don't follow the rules properly forget about this generation, even the next generation kids will not follow rules.

I again reiterate punishments should be severe only then one can induce discipline.
vvivek85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 15:49   #36080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
One more accident at the railway crossing.
One more Kamikaze!

Hope the others learnt a lesson if not one more you tube video soon.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th September 2022 at 21:15. Reason: Hindi
svsantosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 16:24   #36081
BHPian

These days there's hardly any respect for traffic signals especially if no one (traffic cop) is watching. People would not even consider following the rules.

This rider uncovered herself from a blind spot when I was crossing a signal. Had to break hard - thankfully didn't have much speed on me. Hilariously the guy beside me was also taken by surprise!

Here's the video of the incident:

arpirocks is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 21:46   #36082
BHPian

20-year-old man was killed while another was injured after a speeding BMW spun out of control and fell from the Greater Noida Yamuna Expressway on Saturday morning. The incident happened near Galgotia University of Dankaur area. The accident occurred around 8.30 am when Bharat and his friend Gaurav were going towards Agra by Yamuna Expressway. When they reached Galgotia University, the speeding BMW spun out of control.

20-year-old Bharat, who was driving, died on the spot while his friend Gaurav was seriously injured, has been admitted to Kailash Hospital by the police for treatment.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-aa11qcon.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-aa11qcoq.jpg

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th September 2022 at 18:02. Reason: fixed attachments.
losblancos_sr4 is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 22:56   #36083
Distinguished - BHPian

A 20 year old has the experience to drive a BMW at high speeds? Of course, he thought so.

This is a problem with youth everywhere.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (56) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 23:09   #36084
BHPian

I am surprised to see the condition of modern cars after an accident.
The BMW above is just gone forever.

Anyways, another Indian Highway; Another Cow running across. Luckily, this guy had what it takes to avoid a head on collision. No panic braking, kept the car under control and saved a few lives.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 23:10   #36085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
A 20 year old has the experience to drive a BMW at high speeds? Of course, he thought so.

This is a problem with youth everywhere.
That is the fastest production car from India, a BMW M340i. What a waste of a great car, too much of power in young hands.
DRIV3R is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 23:30   #36086
BHPian

[/quote]

The driver of the car with the dash-cam did not even slow down for the rumble strips and kept driving at constant speeds. When you see multiple trucks driving stupidly, wise people would prefer to keep their distance.
SS80 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 13:27   #36087
BHPian

Quote:

Anyways, another Indian Highway; Another Cow running across. Luckily, this guy had what it takes to avoid a head on collision. No panic braking, kept the car under control and saved a few lives.
https://Youtu.be/LxZ-xrw_y7U
He did not brake at all. I don’t think his response was ideal. He was lucky that the cow did not cross over to the left.

If it was a VW Ameo he could have braked and steered to the left at the same time so that he’d hit the cow at an angle. You’ve to let go of brakes just at the last moment so that you are nose up. This is the recommended response. Saying this sitting in a chair (like I’m doing) is easy. Only practice can trigger the correct response.
StopUnderrides is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 13:43   #36088
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopUnderrides View Post
He did not brake at all. I don’t think his response was ideal. .
Agree with @StopUnderrides. The driver did not brake at all.

And if you observe the video, there is a sound at 0:55 which sounds like impact of the cow on the side of the car. Hope the cow is safe and not injured.
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 14:35   #36089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopUnderrides View Post
He did not brake at all. I don’t think his response was ideal. He was lucky that the cow did not cross over to the left.

If it was a VW Ameo he could have braked and steered to the left at the same time so that he’d hit the cow at an angle. You’ve to let go of brakes just at the last moment so that you are nose up. This is the recommended response. Saying this sitting in a chair (like I’m doing) is easy. Only practice can trigger the correct response.
I consider the response to be ideal. There are many things that one has to consider.
There is an auto on the left. Braking and then swirving will hit the auto.
Also, braking means lifting your leg off the accelerator, which takes a fraction of the time. This car was at 108 km/hr, as per the screenshot in the video.
It is very easy to pronounce judgements of good or bad driving like you said. In the end, if you didn't hurt anyone, or even bad, killed someone, you did a good job.
The cow was destined to be killed. I would thank the driver if it survived somehow.
I have shared a similar video of mine in the past, the situation was exactly the same. Had I braked, I would have killed the biker behind me and may have killed the biker in front too due to tyres getting locked.

We also discussed a youtuber video, who was in a Fortuner recently. He braked the result was well known. The cow may not have come faster than this one!

Last edited by MT_Hyderabad : 4th September 2022 at 14:51.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 17:44   #36090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by losblancos_sr4 View Post
20-year-old man was killed while another was injured after a speeding BMW spun out of control and fell from the Greater Noida Yamuna Expressway on Saturday morning. The incident happened near Galgotia University of Dankaur area.
The car was registered under the name of Hardayal Public School and was not even a year old!!

When will kids and their parents understand that a 340hp car is not a joke!! With great power comes greater responsibility…

There is a considerable possibility that he was heading to the BMW M event at BIC. Which is very near to Galgotia University.

I will reiterate here, I am 21 and am strictly not allowed to drive any of our cars alone. Only when my parents are there do I drive. Today’s young adults want to race at any given time, often fuel-ed by other young passengers in the car. This is also a reason I don’t travel with my friends in their cars because they are all pathetic drivers. No regard of any road rules, no regard of speed limits but this is fun for them and the others join in as well.

Please add a course on how to drive safely on roads in schools/colleges. Its an absolute necessity these days.

This was the car:
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-17f1951d2079413d89e7bb69b3ab8d1e.jpeg

Anyways RIP young man…

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 4th September 2022 at 17:48.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (65) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks