Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 08:02   #3676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
seems to be Simple case of Tracker entering highway abruptly leading to sudden brakes by loaded truck driver !
Another nut case expecting a fully loaded truck to brake for him. Just because he now wants to use the highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
I seriously doubt if the tractor driver has survivied.
I doubt too, he must be giving clearing account balances upstairs.
When will people learn and believe you me guys this could happen to anyone of us. High/cruise speed, on highways, and a moron trying to show whos boss. Trouble for everyone.
Old 6th October 2009, 15:40   #3677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
A Reva Car Driver going through MG Road, Bangalore had miraculous escape when a Iron Road crashed through her windshield missing her by few inches during Metro Work.
lucky she to escape that hit, what if that rod would have hit a two wheeler or a pedastrain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea1979 View Post
Clicked these on my way to Wardha (MH 32).

seems to be Simple case of Tracker entering highway abruptly leading to sudden brakes by loaded truck driver !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
This is a common scene in India. These morons never learn. They blindly come on to the main road without seeing right or left.

A mini Bus that went off the road left five people walking on the footpath injured near City Market, Bangalore after hitting a scooter. As per information, the bus ran over the scooter. The driver of the bus as usual ran away from the scene

The Culprit Bus
Attachment 203541

The Managled Remains of the Scooter
Attachment 203542
ah the routine thing to see on indian roads with rough bus drivers smashing two wheelers and running away.Bad scenes to see.
Old 6th October 2009, 16:31   #3678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Yeah i know i've got a 2nd chance again..so i'm being very careful now with just the occasional speeding but not as crazy as before..Its like i always tell myself to go slow but can never control it once i start seein someone overtake me..anyways all i wanted to say is that Skoda is a gem of a car..there have been even accidents with Benz E class in our area and no one in that accident survived..and honestly till date i haven't heard anyone die invlovling an accident in a Skoda !!!
You second chance does not seem to have made you any wiser, going from your comments. You haven't heard anyone dying in a skoda, whereas you have heard people dying in Benz, so it makes Skoda a safer car? How can you make such stupid statements, after all that you have been through?

Please do a search on this forum, you can find instances where people have died in Skoda. I am not saying Skoda is good or bad, but let the build quality of the car not lull you into a false sense of security.
Old 6th October 2009, 17:33   #3679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
You second chance does not seem to have made you any wiser, going from your comments. You haven't heard anyone dying in a skoda, whereas you have heard people dying in Benz, so it makes Skoda a safer car? How can you make such stupid statements, after all that you have been through?

Please do a search on this forum, you can find instances where people have died in Skoda. I am not saying Skoda is good or bad, but let the build quality of the car not lull you into a false sense of security.
+1 to this. 2 times lucky does not mean third time lucky as well. I wish and pray that you change your driving style or better keep a driver.

Remember, you can run...you can't hide.

PS: I am sorry if I have offended you. But just and advise to a fellow human being. Life is precious, respect it.
Old 6th October 2009, 17:58   #3680
BHPian

Saw this on my way to waynad.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-p7283678.jpg
Old 6th October 2009, 18:01   #3681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Bloody hell!!! Seems to have gone under a bus/truck and at quite some speed. pillars have disappeared completely.
Old 6th October 2009, 18:25   #3682
BHPian

what car is that? Santro??
Old 6th October 2009, 18:28   #3683
BHPian

Oh my God!,this seems to be really a bad crash and i really doubt whether the front passengers escaped,i wish they should have and this seems to be rear ending a truck which doesn't have low bumpers.

I can notice that only in new truck they have the low bumpers that too only on some light heavy vehicles.The vehicles with two rear axles which carry sand doesn't have the lower bumpers and if some rear ends these truck this is what will happen.when will the RTO implements the strict rules even for old vehicles
Name:  lpk25181.gif
Views: 3285
Size:  10.6 KB

Last edited by Sudan_NFS : 6th October 2009 at 18:29.
Old 6th October 2009, 18:33   #3684
BHPian

Holy Cow!!!! It will be a miracle if the driver escaped from this mishap. This santro is really banged up. Do anyone have any updates on causalities?
Old 6th October 2009, 18:46   #3685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..there have been even accidents with Benz E class in our area and no one in that accident survived..and honestly till date i haven't heard anyone die invlovling an accident in a Skoda !!!
Yea...right! people driving a Skoda is protected by the special guardian angles arranged by Skoda themselves. You won't die in a Skoda. Why don't you try banging your car headon with a truck or something at 160 next time? It will be fun since you know you won't die in a Skoda. Or may you can drive it off a cliff....

Dude you have this false sense of safety. No matter whether you are sitting in an M800 or a Skoda, accidents can happen and people inside the car may die because of that. Chances of survival is marginally higher in a safer car, that's it.

Quote:
Its like i always tell myself to go slow but can never control it once i start seein someone overtake me..
May God protect you well till the time you get over this feeling. Only time can change this. Always wear your seatbelts.

Last edited by clevermax : 6th October 2009 at 18:50.
Old 6th October 2009, 18:58   #3686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Riju

Was it a Volvo B9R ?
Yupp !! Was a real sad scene out there.
Old 6th October 2009, 19:11   #3687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post

Attachment 203944
How about sending an email to the Traffic police commissioner along with the picture of the wrecked santro. To addlcptrafficbcp @ gmail. com? or The deputy commissioner dcptrafficeast @ gmail. com, That's the first thing i'd like to do when i log on from a computer. The safer way to travel on indian highways is by your own large bus with a million airbags
Old 6th October 2009, 19:15   #3688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Yea...right! people driving a Skoda is protected by the special guardian angles arranged by Skoda themselves. You won't die in a Skoda. Why don't you try banging your car headon with a truck or something at 160 next time? It will be fun since you know you won't die in a Skoda. Or may you can drive it off a cliff....

Dude you have this false sense of safety. No matter whether you are sitting in an M800 or a Skoda, accidents can happen and people inside the car may die because of that. Chances of survival is marginally higher in a safer car, that's it.

May God protect you well till the time you get over this feeling. Only time can change this. Always wear your seatbelts.
What you said is living truth. Even Princess Diana died in the safest car in the world. No matter how safe the car is made, has the most technological gadgets, it is always in the hands of the driver that matters.
Old 6th October 2009, 20:49   #3689
Senior - BHPian

To all u guys..Clevermax...Amtak..Kuttapan :

I'm not boasting about myself here plz nor Skoda..I just honestly feel Skoda is a very safe car from my experience and definitely my next car would also be a Skoda only but that does not mean i'm gonna crash my car or drive it at insane speeds unnecessarily again..I am addicted to speed, i accept it and i know a lot of guys in this forum are too..And mind you accidents happen at lower speeds as well (like my first vehicle was an esteem and it was banged by a bus driver on the rear door with no fault of mine)...still i would not want to justify my action but just letting people know in this forum how safe Skoda is and people should buy it atleast for its good safety features..I in no way want people to drive like me to harm themselves or others .
Old 6th October 2009, 21:46   #3690
Senior - BHPian

Its difficult to imagine someone survived the above santro crash.

Most Viewed