Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2022, 22:08   #36886
BHPian

re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttyBhai View Post
Just to clarify to my fellow motorists - It is a straight flyover. Doesn't curve.

The gentlemen on the two-wheeler were most probably inebriated and hurtling down the flyover in a hurry to meet their maker.

The message communicated by the DCP in the video was that about 35% of accidents in that jurisdiction occur at night by people not following rules and speeding, jumping signals, wrong side driving - you name the violation - it happens.

I have expressed my angst in this forum earlier too about the callous attitude of many motorists at night who believe that traffic rules do not have to be followed after 9.00 pm. There is scant regard for discipline and safety -theirs or others. And sadly most of these violators are "educated". IT employees.
Thank you for the clarification. It's possibly the camera angle which creates an illusion. Even the bikers who followed the crashed bike seemed to he going in a diagonal line and not straight.

And so rightly put about the scant regard for discipline and safety - especially by the ones who are labelled "educated".
theabstractmind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 16:56   #36887
Senior - BHPian

Caught on my Dashcam little while ago. I would blame the scooter rider more for that abrupt stop near a school. Kids should also focus more on the road ahead while riding bicycle.

airbus is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 17:53   #36888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Caught on my Dashcam little while ago. I would blame the scooter rider more for that abrupt stop near a school. Kids should also focus more on the road ahead while riding bicycle.
Driving in lanes closer to schools in the morning and evening is becoming more and more scarier.

Totally hopeless people ferrying school kids with total disregard to safety;
Be it riding dead slow in middle of the road with kids dangling in seats (Can see one example in the last part of the video above itself!), or the 'super fast' ones racing to drop kids just before the bell rings.

(Sorry for the OT rant, but its kind of depressing to see all these daily, not able to do anything and knowing that, its just matter of luck running out, to end up witnessing an accident involving kids.)

Last edited by sarathlal : 23rd November 2022 at 17:55.
sarathlal is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 00:39   #36889
BHPian

Regarding to Navale bridge accident or similar pile ups involving multiple vehicles, how does insurance work out here?
Do people lose No Claim Bonus for no fault of their?
Old 24th November 2022, 07:56   #36890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Driving in lanes closer to schools in the morning and evening is becoming more and more scarier.

Totally hopeless people ferrying school kids with total disregard to safety;

To add to the commotion, a number of cars, autorickshaws ferrying kids and two wheelers take U-turns in what is a one-way lane to the school gate and come back the wrong way after dropping off their kids, creating unnecessary traffic jams. An attitude of 'the rest of the world be damned once my kid has reached'. They barely save on half a km distance by not proceeding on in the same direction of the one-way. Wonder if they realize that they are not saving any fuel or time due to the traffic jams created by their own doing. But then, no amount of reasoning with such "educated illiterates" seems to work, as mentioned by the school watchmen.

Due to such behaviour, even the school kids who are walking towards the school are at great risk, given the absence of proper footpaths and having to walk past in-between the vehicles jamming the lane.
Fx14 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 08:59   #36891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
how does insurance work out here?
You can claim and loose your no claim bonus. The bonus is exactly that, a bonus for not claiming. Your other option is to repair out of your pocket, and file a case against the vehicle that pushed against yours as well as the truck which was the source of the pile up. Then wait it out in court for the next 20 or so years.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 09:39   #36892
BHPian

Got it in a whatsapp forward. Seems to be spot on.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-whatsapp-image-20221123-08.58.50.jpeg  

aadya is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 17:02   #36893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post

Totally hopeless people ferrying school kids with total disregard to safety...
The next generation learns the same antics from these unruly parents - and the cycle continues.

A couple of days ago, there were a few traffic cops waiting under a tree a little away from a posh school. Some parents got caught, for riding without helmets and for the pillion (older kids) not wearing a helmet. The more intelligent ones, stopped a good 100 metres away, got off their vehicles, pushed them beyond the cops and then rode again to the school. The cops weren't stopping the cars which had small kids seated on the front seat, obviously without wearing a seat belt.
silversteed is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 20:56   #36894
Senior - BHPian

A car's dash cam footage is out showing the accident from the front and rear Dash cams:

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th November 2022 at 14:54. Reason: As requested
AdityaDeane is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 21:31   #36895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Regarding to Navale bridge accident or similar pile ups involving multiple vehicles, how does insurance work out here?
I had a friend in insurance industry mention to me once about insurance - insurance is not about how one drives, it's about how likely the car will get in an accident. You can be the most ultra defensive driving driver in the world, but you can only control only so much about your vehicle getting in an accident. Insurance industry doesn't care much about whose fault it is other than for settling disputes between themselves i.e. between two insurers of the vehicles involved in an accident or for denying a claim.

Regarding NCB, your car got in an accident, you claim, you lose the bonus, that's it. Whose fault it is doesn't matter at all.
Yieldway17 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 23:22   #36896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Regarding NCB, your car got in an accident, you claim, you lose the bonus, that's it. Whose fault it is doesn't matter at all.
I believe this is specific to India. In other countries, there is a difference whether you are at fault or not and if you're not, the other person's insurance pays and their premium goes up.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 07:15   #36897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
A car's dash cam footage is out showing the accident from the front and rear Dash cams:
Didn't the accident happen at 830 pm? Or are today's dashcams so good that they can capture as if it is daylight. Including the sunrays of sun which has set few hours before?
Wasn't the truck 8 axle vs this 6 axle? Or did the truck pick an axle from another truck ahead?
alto99 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 08:08   #36898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
Didn't the accident happen at 830 pm? Or are today's dashcams so good that they can capture as if it is daylight. Including the sunrays of sun which has set few hours before?
Wasn't the truck 8 axle vs this 6 axle? Or did the truck pick an axle from another truck ahead?
I read this in my news feed from Cartoq, and shared the video link directly. Maybe the video and accident are from 2 different places or times, and you are right. If so, my bad! But, this also is from what seems to be the beginning of a pile up due to the truck going fairly fast and mowing vehicles down.

Sorry, I mis-read. Upon checking Cartoq again, it is from an accident on the Bangalore - Pune highway, and not the Nashik accident.

Link:- https://www.cartoq.com/dashcam-foota...e-highway-out/

Requesting the mods to remove the previous "quoted post" from the post with the video youtube link! Please forgive me.

@Alto99, thanks for pointing out the discrepancies and allowing me to go back to correct my mistake!
AdityaDeane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 08:53   #36899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I believe this is specific to India. In other countries, there is a difference whether you are at fault or not and if you're not, the other person's insurance pays and their premium goes up.
I do not know about the other countries, but in the US as well, there are 2 distinct types of states, no-fault and at-fault states.

In no-fault states, it's your insurer's responsibility to pay your expenses regardless of the fault. They will recover their cost if you are not at fault by negotiating with the other party insurer or sue the other party if not insured.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 08:57   #36900
BHPian

The way the truck is plowing through, could it be a stuck accelerator pedal, or an engine overrun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks