Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2023, 23:35   #37786
Senior - BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Truck Hits Law Minster's Car In Jammu And Kashmir, No One Injured

Source: NDTV

Quote:
Law Minister Kiren Rijiju has escaped unhurt after his car was hit by a truck in Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday, said the police.

A fully loaded truck hit his car near Ramban along Jammu- Srinagar highway, said cops.
From the position of the truck and Scorpio, seems more like Scorpio hit the truck from behind. I think Scorpio driver failed to account for the trajectory of the truck's rear corner (which was turning towards left to give pass to the sirens blaring vehicles).

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20230408_232958.jpg
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 13:23   #37787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaster View Post
Mistakes on Bus driver
With hindsight, and all are wiser with hindsight, I wonder what would have happened if the bus driver kept on going straight or turned the other way instead of moving into oncoming traffic in an attempt to "cut" in-front of the two-wheeler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I am an ardent believer that buses are a mode of transport that have no business continuing to exist in the 21st century. .
Wow, that is some statement!!! Care to elaborate on that one?

regards kaps454

Last edited by libranof1987 : 9th April 2023 at 14:57. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts; kindly use the Quote+/Edit functionality to quote multiple posts.
kaps454 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 17:08   #37788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Truck Hits Law Minster's Car In Jammu And Kashmir, No One Injured

Source: NDTV

From the position of the truck and Scorpio, seems more like Scorpio hit the truck from behind. I think Scorpio driver failed to account for the trajectory of the truck's rear corner (which was turning towards left to give pass to the sirens blaring vehicles).
I agree! A more neutral headline would be 'Law Min's car hits truck, no injuries'.

Even the other video tweeted by the Law Min, linked in the article, shows that there was a big cavalcade comprising several pilot vehicles. I fail to see how a truck could have hit the protectee car in such a situation.
N.A.GTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 16:35   #37789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri89 View Post
A mishap. Fortunately, no serious damage. So, I believe.

https://Youtu.be/O0m2NKPh5Ac
A stark reminder on how we are surrounded by inconsiderate souls!

How could a person knowingly injure another fellow on road, entirely due to self stupidity and go on unapologetically as if no care in the world.
Pathetic attitude complementing non existing riding skills.

Should be reported to authorities so that they do not endanger public life.
sarathlal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 16:59   #37790
BHPian

Reply may be slightly off topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
I am an ardent believer that buses are a mode of transport that have no business continuing to exist in the 21st century. That said, shouldn't the two wheeler have waited for the bus to pass? Looks like there was no traffic behind the bus anyway also doesn't the bus have the right of way considering it is approaching from the right side of the two wheeler?...
Banning buses would mean more of small vehicles and more overall wastage of space and fuel.

Many years ago, I had this idea and since then I've believed trucks and buses must have spoilers that almost touch the ground, such that anything should not come underthe wheels, somewhat like a train engine spoiler, plus wheel spoilers on each wheel.

Now my drawing is terrible, but hey, the idea goes through...

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bus-spoiler.jpeg

For such an idea to be implemented by the transport minister, it would require that all roads be smooth, and speed breakers be removed. Then, it could be compulsory for all heavy vehicles to maintain such spoilers, even retrofit them.
Although, I don't know whether it would be solving a problem, or opening a hornet's nest, a can of worms.
But thinking further, this will also block buses and trucks from reaching residential areas, where they've often caused accidents involving even small kids. So, it would be very practical in a way and might prevent illegal mining too, in some areas.

Finally, yes, you're right about the accident, not only was right of way rule correct here, but also, the bus was on the bigger road. But its just sad, how a simple mistake ends life, this is the road after all.
The damage might've been less fatal if the bus driver could've at least slammed the brakes hard and they worked ideally, it appears.
Old 10th April 2023, 19:17   #37791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri89 View Post
A mishap
This must be Pondy, going by the narrow roads and behavior of getting halfway through the lane and staring. I never understood the logic of it, wastes everyone's time.
Old 10th April 2023, 21:38   #37792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarth 619 View Post
Attachment 2438663
But thinking further, this will also block buses and trucks from reaching residential areas, where they've often caused accidents involving even small kids.
Wish this bus never had to turn. Rear ones can be hidden though, like yesteryear sedans.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_2023_0410_213757.jpg  

Last edited by MT_Hyderabad : 10th April 2023 at 21:39.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 00:55   #37793
Senior - BHPian

Head-on collision between a Mahindra TUV300 and a Mahindra Bolero Pik-Up. TUV300 driver escaped without any injury and the Bolero Pik-Up driver sustained minor injury. According to the TUV300 driver/owner, Bolero Pik-Up driver was under influence. Dashcam video did show that Bolero Pik-Up was on the wrong side and apparently using high beam.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tuv1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-tuv2.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bp1.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-bp2.jpg

Last edited by airbus : 11th April 2023 at 01:15. Reason: Added photos and video link.
airbus is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 18:25   #37794
Senior - BHPian

Distracted (or drunk?) guy proceeds to cross the road right after narrowly missing the bus. Pays no attention to oncoming traffic and gets hit. This could've been avoided had he not made a run for it at the last moment. As per video description, he survived.

self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 22:22   #37795

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Head-on collision between a Mahindra TUV300 and a Mahindra Bolero Pik-Up.
Bolero Driver might have been under the influence, yet I don't see any defensive attempt ever made by the TUV300 Owner/Driver, either. At least he could have tried to minimize the impact. What if the outcome was different? An attempt to pre-empt before an incident could prevent remorse later.

Last edited by bblost : 11th April 2023 at 23:06. Reason: fixed quote tag.
Street_Smart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 08:36   #37796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Smart View Post
Bolero Driver might have been under the influence, yet I don't see any defensive attempt ever made by the TUV300 Owner/Driver, either. At least he could have tried to minimize the impact. What if the outcome was different? An attempt to pre-empt before an incident could prevent remorse later.
I doubt if there was enough time or space that the video making car had. The situation was made worse by the night and the blinding light.
The Bolero driver tried to overtake 2 motorcycles and miscalculated the distance, I think.
All the OP could have done would have been to slam on the brakes. But it would require Formula 1 driver reaction times. Doubt if everyone driving on the road is THAT ALERT ALL THE TIME.
Regardless, kudos to the build quality of M & M. Glad that no one lost more than car parts.

Drive safe.
DevilzzzzOwn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 09:20   #37797
BHPian

I saw a collision coming at the beginning of the video itself. The Bolero might have been drunk, but the TUV was asleep/distracted/not paying enough attention.
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 10:50   #37798
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilzzzzOwn View Post
I doubt if there was enough time or space that the video making car had. The situation was made worse by the night and the blinding light.
The Bolero driver tried to overtake 2 motorcycles and miscalculated the distance, I think.
All the OP could have done would have been to slam on the brakes. But it would require Formula 1 driver reaction times. Doubt if everyone driving on the road is THAT ALERT ALL THE TIME.
Regardless, kudos to the build quality of M & M. Glad that no one lost more than car parts.

Drive safe.
I think the dirty windshield might have caused more glare thereby impairing reaction.

I can never drive with that dirty windshield. I Want the windshield to be clean all the time
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 15:39   #37799
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I can never drive with that dirty windshield. I Want the windshield to be clean all the time
I am very hot on this. Even if the rest of the car is filthy, I make sure the glass is clean before every trip. I also always have water+cleaner in the screen wash reservoir. I dry weather, one passing crow can obscure vision! In wet weather, one passing vehicle can cover the screen with mud.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 20:14   #37800
BHPian

Motorcyclists especially are extremely vulnerable but never seem to realise that. This guy was fortunate but it easily could have turned out to be fatal.
Duckdoc is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks