Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2023, 23:51   #37801
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Distracted (or drunk?) guy proceeds to cross the road right after narrowly missing the bus.
This person might have gotten hit even if he did not make a (slow-motion?) run for it. All it would taken is one vehicle not keeping its lane, and then he would've been flying like a butterfly. Utter stupidity and an incident which he brought upon himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckdoc View Post
Motorcyclists especially are extremely vulnerable but never seem to realise that. This guy was fortunate but it easily could have turned out to be fatal.
Going by the video, the biker who fell down did not seem like they did anything wrong. It was the other dude who entered the lane happily from the wrong side and then just froze like an overweight deer on the highway when he saw another bike coming his way. I mean, just imagine if that bike had been a bus (cough KSRTC cough).
Small Bot is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 09:31   #37802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elampumpkin View Post
https://Youtube.com/watch?v=otUugJNahoM?feature=share

https://Youtu.be/n4mRdVz_G9U

A "car meet" was organised in MITWPU, Pune, but some drivers were interested in doing a top speed run. (or reckless driving in general)

Being a student myself, it hurts to see my peers doing this just to appear cool or something.
I remember this daft idiocy from my days at MIT as well. Super bike week was one of the saddest. Looking at the bikes and displaying them is all well and good, but drag racing on that tiny road? Pure suicide.
AulusGabinius is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 22:53   #37803
BHPian

Another one involving KSRTC. However in this one I am not too sure if it's the bus at fault or the car.

To me it seems like bus was in its own lane and car was moving on the wrong side?
Both vehicles seem to be traveling fast as well.

https://www.daijiworld.com/news/news...newsID=1070289

Sadly 6 people in car lost their lives. RIP.
abhishekjoshi84 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 23:54   #37804

A Momentary Lapse of Attention!

Driver walked away shaken, but not broken. The van - not so much.

Turned onto a busy thoroughfare without looking at traffic on the right or possibly thought the traffic would avoid him as he thundered out of a small lane. Got clipped by an Ashok Leyland Dost that walked away with a few scratches to the paint and a broken headlight.

Another solid example of Maruti Suzuki chassis and body reliability. And of course, the Devil May Care attitude of many of our perfunctory drivers.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20230410_174433-2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20230410_174244-2.jpg  

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-20230410_174229-2.jpg  

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th April 2023 at 16:04. Reason: Cleaning up formatting to improvise readability. Thank you.
AttyBhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 00:44   #37805

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekjoshi84 View Post

As per the news report, "A speeding KSRTC bus reportedly collided with a car".

Wonder what kind of stupid reporting this is. Addressing of such biased reporting is also important, so that people realise their own follies before recklessly blaming the larger vehicle.
ts75 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 06:55   #37806
BHPian

Quote:

To me it seems like bus was in its own lane and car was moving on the wrong side?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts75 View Post
As per the news report, "A speeding KSRTC bus reportedly collided with a car".

Wonder what kind of stupid reporting this is.
The video does not show clearly who was at fault.

But, as the bus was immediately followed by a small car, it could be a case of a reckless overtake.

The other possibility is over loaded car. It was reported that there were 8 people in it.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 08:22   #37807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
The video does not show clearly who was at fault.

But, as the bus was immediately followed by a small car, it could be a case of a reckless overtake.
It’s very clear the car is at fault here. It’s a climbing road for the bus and it was coming in its lane. The car veered to the opposite lane and crashed.

Possible loss of control at the curve or driver dozed off.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 09:06   #37808
BHPian

Quote:
Another one involving KSRTC. However in this one I am not too sure if it's the bus at fault or the car.

https://Youtu.be/OjlUeU7sqjw

Some of such accidents are becoming more common nowadays as outstation pilgrimage travellers take ~2 day trips and drivers are not sufficiently rested, drive partially on next lane, faster than normal for the 1+1 roads. I have had honk many times to alert on coming outstation vehicles. Not stereotyping but the people come for quick trips and drivers agree to driver without getting enough/proper rest. Also they drive faster than they should be driving.
Very sad to see. I saw another video of rescue in same accident(very gruesome, not posting). Just makes me feel sad. Even the Front seat occupiers don't appear to be belted, with a baby on lap.
DetectiveMiles is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 23:21   #37809
BHPian

Quote:

Play the Video @0.25 speed. Speed of the Car is much more than the Bus. We can't see what has happened earlier, but in the final moments the Bus was in correct lane and Car veered into the wrong lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post

Possible loss of control at the curve or driver dozed off.
Agree with that. Temple runs are mostly in overcrowded taxis. Pity with the Taxi drivers who have to work overtime as well as overload their cars.
Old 16th April 2023, 10:46   #37810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
The video does not show clearly who was at fault. But, as the bus was immediately followed by a small car, it could be a case of a reckless overtake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
...the Bus was in correct lane and Car veered into the wrong lane.
The bus was well inside the divided lines, car was wholly inside the bus lane. Most likely it was a curve and the DOST was parked and the car was trying to avoid it but at ridiculous speed without care to check what is in oncoming lane.

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-ksrtc.jpg
svsantosh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 13:13   #37811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
The bus was well inside the divided lines, car was wholly inside the bus lane. Most likely it was a curve and the DOST was parked and the car was trying to avoid it but at ridiculous speed without care to check what is in oncoming lane.

Attachment 2440718
Good analysis, seems like most possible scenario. Didn't notice the lines earlier. Multiple failures, good vehicle should not have parked on road, car should have slowed down instead of goingnaround parked vehicle at fast speed, car should not have been overloaded.
Old 16th April 2023, 13:43   #37812
BHPian

Coal-ladden truck overturns and crushes an MG Astor. Reportedly, the car had 3 occupants, one of which has sadly died. According to this article, a cow came in front of the truck and it lost control/overturned.

Old 16th April 2023, 15:30   #37813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodash View Post
Coal-ladden truck overturns and crushes an MG Astor. Reportedly, the car had 3 occupants, one of which has sadly died. According to this article, a cow came in front of the truck and it lost control/overturned.

Here is the aftermath of the accident.
I hate this guy's videos so much. Why would he assume that sunroof has anything to do with it? It's a loaded truck and it's all about the angle and what its pillars can hold. The angle is what killed one person and thankfully made the others survive. The occupants of the venue in the accident a couple of months back unfortunately were not so lucky.

As an aside, if it's a cow, why would they swerve, especially a loaded truck? Just go ahead and hit is the only option. It's insane to put people at risk like this.
epiccross is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 15:39   #37814
BHPian

A bus travelling from Pune to Mumbai fell into a gorge near Khopoli. 13 dead, 29 injured.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th April 2023 at 17:20. Reason: Description added
Old 16th April 2023, 15:51   #37815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post
I hate this guy's videos so much. Why would he assume that sunroof has anything to do with it? It's a loaded truck and it's all about the angle and what its pillars can hold. The angle is what killed one person and thankfully made the others survive. The occupants of the venue in the accident a couple of months back unfortunately were not so lucky.

As an aside, if it's a cow, why would they swerve, especially a loaded truck? Just go ahead and hit is the only option. It's insane to put people at risk like this.
1. While I don't particularly hate his videos as I believe he is still doing more good than harm, he and Prateek Singh (similar channel) both make many unsubstantiated claims such as guessing vehicles' speed without any logic (e.g. they would say the car was overspeeding and going above 100 looking at the video), the sunroof claim, desh-ka-loha statements and the list goes on.

2. This incident is not covered much in the news, yet. Maybe the truck swerved, maybe it hit the brakes and that made it swerve!
nicodash is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed