Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2023, 09:51   #37816
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodash View Post
1. While I don't particularly hate his videos as I believe he is still doing more good than harm
I would have to disagree. The star based obsession has been taken to the next level on these channels, and there is zero understanding of actual results and outcomes or nuanced takes among him and his cult. Not to mention the shaming of the users of certain brands/cars. It's impossible to have a nuanced discussion on safety/crash tests in a public platform now. And these misconstrued notions on safety and just making stuff up does not help.

Quote:
2. This incident is not covered much in the news, yet. Maybe the truck swerved, maybe it hit the brakes and that made it swerve!
Yeah, I'm reserving the judgements here. But regardless my point stands, heavy vehicles especially should really not slam brakes when they see a cow/any other animal. You just should not put others at risk. But yeah, it's all a split second reaction often, so can't complain. Plus, trucks (generally) hardly follow the prescribed speed limits anyway, so that's another issue.
epiccross is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 21:56   #37817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
Very sad to see. I saw another video of rescue in same accident(very gruesome, not posting). Just makes me feel sad. Even the Front seat occupiers don't appear to be belted, with a baby on lap.
Can you DM me the video? Might be gruesome but would be educative to show others what happens.
In this case the KSRTC bus had a long front overhang and not sure if it had a front RUPD. To top it all it was a narrow overlap. So a narrow overlap, underride crash.
Front occupants would have been decapitated. When the car's bumper contacted the right front wheel of the bus, that made the car swing out of the way.

The parked cargo truck and lack of road sense of the car driver led to overcorrection from which he could not recover. Possibly he thought KSRTC would give him some elbow room

All because he didn't want to brake. Somehow we Indians can't brake

Last edited by StopUnderrides : 17th April 2023 at 22:02.
Old 17th April 2023, 22:31   #37818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopUnderrides View Post
Can you DM me the video? Might be gruesome but would be educative to show others what happens.
Pzjb_3YrzUM

Too graphic. Intentionally did not post the link as URL. Copy text in browser.

Last edited by MT_Hyderabad : 17th April 2023 at 22:33.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 10:15   #37819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The parked cargo truck and lack of road sense of the car driver led to overcorrection from which he could not recover.
Sorry, what did the parked cargo truck do? You can't park a vehicle on the road side is it?
Old 18th April 2023, 10:21   #37820
BHPian

Quote:
Given the increase in accidents happening I doubt people who see videos (very common to see accident and aftermath on social media) rarely try to learn/change their habbits towards better road manners. I have only noticed people commenting who's fault it is and when it comes to their own driving they act like they are immune to accidents even if it is bad driving.
And regarding DM, I don't see an option to attach video.
DetectiveMiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 13:27   #37821
BHPian

We all know who triggered it. But the car driver? wait wait, I have a dashcam, come and hit me, we will have some fun!

Last edited by Nalin1 : 18th April 2023 at 13:35.
Nalin1 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 15:59   #37822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post

We all know who triggered it. But the car driver? wait wait, I have a dashcam, come and hit me, we will have some fun!
Need not be.
On such long stretch parallel roads, it is difficult to perceive the direction of movement of a vehicle, until we reach very close to it. Till then we tend to think that the vehicle is travelling in our own direction of travel
This driver also might have got caught off guard like that.
sarathlal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 16:17   #37823
BHPian

This happened at a toll plaza near Gwalior.

https://twitter.com/mumbaitez/status...260584448?s=20

The truck came uncontrolled towards a car waiting at Toll Gate and dragged for a few meters.

Last edited by chaitanyakrish : 18th April 2023 at 16:28.
chaitanyakrish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 17:13   #37824
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
... This driver also might have got caught off guard like that.
He slows down. The car is, i think, stopped, just before the bike hits it. He could never have thought that the biker would hold his line, wrong-side, head-on. But thankfully, he took precautions anyway. I think the driver did pretty well.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 18:01   #37825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
On such long stretch parallel roads, it is difficult to perceive the direction of movement of a vehicle, until we reach very close to it.
+1 to this. And especially 2 wheelers.

This is also why the other thread on DRLs being useful becomes pertinent. Especially in India.

If it was a bike with DRL, it’d have been easier to spot that it is coming the wrong way.

I see no reason for blaming the car driver here. I believe they did the best they could.

My blood boils thinking about that idiotic bike rider. Ugh. At least have the decency to go by the shoulder instead of being bang on the middle of the fastest lane. Does that person even have 1 brain cell? Even a fly would try to evade.

Last edited by krishnakumar : 18th April 2023 at 18:03.
krishnakumar is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 18:15   #37826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post

https://Youtu.be/lvAJz3hGgJo
This car literally stopped on a seemingly unobstructed road.

Please don't blame the driver just for the sake of blaming someone.

Someone would have driven on the leftmost lane to avoid this accident. That someone is God.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 18:40   #37827
BHPian

Even a stray dog does not come charging head on from the wrong side and in the right lane straight into oncoming vehicles unless it is a suicide attempt. But the lady runs to him, so suicide is ruled out.

There is another genius next to him waiting to be killed on the extreme right!.

Unbelievable!. I cannot even complete a legitimate legal turn from the appropriate lane without using indicators. The fingers are exactly on the stalk subconsciously even if there are ZERO vehicles around and here we have such incredible scenes.

Dashcam manufacturers are having a ball in India thanks to these buffoons.
Nalin1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 22:24   #37828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post

Someone would have driven on the leftmost lane to avoid this accident. That someone is God.
Had it been the Satan on the leftmost lane, there would be a truck driving on the left of the car and have crushed the bike driver. Notice how he rolled to the middle of the left lane after falling down. He should be thanking his stars.

Wondering what caused him to veer towards the car as the left lane seems to be empty with just couple of bikes that he could have easily dodged.
Old 19th April 2023, 08:58   #37829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Sorry, what did the parked cargo truck do? You can't park a vehicle on the road side is it?
No I don't think the parked cargo truck did anything. It's an inanimate object. It's to be expected on Indian roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
Given the increase in accidents happening I doubt people who see videos (very common to see accident and aftermath on social media) rarely try to learn/change their habbits towards better road manners. I have only noticed people commenting who's fault it is and when it comes to their own driving they act like they are immune to accidents even if it is bad driving.
And regarding DM, I don't see an option to attach video.
Post Cyrus Mistry's publicised accident and the photos atleast I see that my family no longer laughs it off when I ask them to belt up in the rear seats. Videos/pictures do have an effect on some people
StopUnderrides is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2023, 10:15   #37830
BHPian

Former Ranji Cricketer met with an accident on Samriddhi Mahamarg.

Truck is parked on the shoulder under an overpass and it looks like, he tried an overtake using the road shoulder and hit the truck head-on from the rear.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/99613147.cms

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks