Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2023, 12:55   #37876
BHPian

Re: Accidents in India | Pics & Videos

Cyberabad Traffic shared a video on Youtube, where passengers are thrown away from the car after a rollover on a curve.

This again emphasizes the need to use seat belts, hope more people watch the video and start using seat belts.
chaitanyakrish is online now   (30) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 21:22   #37877
BHPian

Wrong side cab driver hits the car of Gurugram's ACP Traffic.

This also reminds me of the news from earlier this year when a police vehicle driving on the wrong side rammed into a car, killing a child. That also happened in Gurugram.

No one is safe from the maniacs flouting traffic rules brazenly.
nicodash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 21:45   #37878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaitanyakrish View Post
Cyberabad Traffic shared a video on Youtube, where passengers are thrown away from the car after a rollover on a curve.
Scary accident. The road looks like this on Google street view. They may be on the other side of the road at a high speed.
Attached Thumbnails
Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-screenshot_2023_0426_214006.jpg  

MT_Hyderabad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 10:30   #37879
BHPian

Quote:
Cyberabad Traffic shared a video on Youtube, where passengers are thrown away from the car after a rollover on a curve
Really Scary to watch and also a bit amazed as to how the passengers are thrown out of the window with such force.

Looks like one of the passenger is thrown a good 15 feet into the air.

Luckily there were no vehicle approaching on the opposite side.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 10:46   #37880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This again emphasizes the need to use seat belts, hope more people watch the video and start using seat belts.
The video rather emphasizes why one should not drive wrong side. Seat belts are not a cure for stupidity and suicidal driving.
narayans80 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 11:13   #37881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodash View Post
No one is safe from the maniacs flouting traffic rules brazenly.
This is true. While a majority of the police vehicles down South are driven sanely and sedately, I've seen some really reckless driving from drivers of police cars recently.

Yesterday, a battered up Bolero which said Chennai Police on the side was driving really recklessly and weaving in between city traffic near Ashok Pillar (which is absolutely nasty traffic too). I could not click a photo as I was the one driving my car.

It makes me wonder two things:
1. Is it the arrogance that nothing will happen to them even if they get caught, that makes them drive this way?
2. What if the person had the Police stickers on, but was not really working for the Police department. Will the Police actually take action against them? Do we have laws that prohibit misuse of official authority? Are we able to report them with the hope that some action will be taken?

Last edited by Small Bot : 27th April 2023 at 11:15.
Small Bot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 16:45   #37882
BHPian

Another accident on the Mumbai-Pune expressway: A Truck's Brakes Fail.

Link - https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/7-ca...njured-3984245
denzdm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 17:25   #37883
BHPian

Accident on Mumbai-Pune expressway.

ramki.grandhi is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 18:01   #37884
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denzdm View Post
Another accident on the Mumbai-Pune expressway:
Eleven to twelve vehicles were involved in this collision. Traffic towards Mumbai was blocked for quite sometime.The expressway near Khopoli is becoming an accident hotspot. We have had quite a few accidents due to human errors. Four people are reportedly injured.

A clearer video

https://twitter.com/MumbaiExpress11/...hdTeOBxfA&s=19

Another video

https://twitter.com/SarcasticRofl/st...IEWEq15WA&s=19

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 27th April 2023 at 18:06.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 19:11   #37885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
That black Suzuki Grand Vitara took the impact like a champ.
kpkeerthi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 20:34   #37886
Team-BHP Support

This one sent a chill down for me for a few minutes as my wife and son were also returning from Pune and on the expressway somewhere around the same time along with my driver.

I am out of town at the moment and saw this on some social media / WhatsApp feeds - had to call them immediately and was relieved to hear they were nowhere in the vicinity of this accident.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - something seriously has to be done about the road (un)worthiness of some of the heavy vehicles plying our highways and expressways. Sadly there does not seem to be sufficient attention to this aspect of highway safety with the authorities focus being on the low hanging fruit of speed limits alone.

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th April 2023 at 10:11.
Axe77 is online now   (46) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 23:58   #37887
BHPian

Unknown miscreants wreck havoc on my car.

Today our Creta was the unfortunate victim of what seemed like a rock throwing contest between some really idiotic individuals. My mom was on her way home when someone threw a rock at the windshield of the car. For context:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-illustration.png

This is at lower tank bund in Hyderabad and the car was stopped at this signal, as soon as the lights turned green, someone hurtled a rock from the position in the above picture. Due to the shock of the impact and the lights turning green, nothing much could've been done other than getting home.

After inspecting the car and filing for a claim with Acko, this is what i noticed:

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1886.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1889.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1887.jpg

Accidents in India | Pics & Videos-img_1888.jpg

1) There was a lot of debris on the front seat and a few shards even got lodged in the rear seat, luckily, neither my mom nor the driver wasn't harmed in the chaos.

2) The windshield is so unstable to the extent that even slightly touching the interior glass flexes the entire windshield.

3) No sign of the rock, for something that made such a large impact, it was neither lodged in the windshield, nor was it on the ground.

Next move?

The windshield has to get replaced, no doubt about that. It is absolutely absurd to me that someone can just inflict such damage on someone else's property and face no repercussions due to our painstakingly slow and inefficient justice system and the reluctance of police officials to file FIR's in such cases.

Also what really irked me was that our DDPAI dashcam failed to record this event and stopped recording just 30 minutes before the incident and I've no idea why that happened. Thoughts?

Cheers!

Last edited by jono213 : 27th April 2023 at 23:59.
jono213 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 08:28   #37888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono213 View Post

Also what really irked me was that our DDPAI dashcam failed to record this event and stopped recording just 30 minutes before the incident and I've no idea why that happened. Thoughts?

Cheers!
Sh*t happens! We have to move on. I had slightly different incident where someone threw a metal bolt onto my new car. It missed windshield but dented and scratched bonnet. Claimed insurance and moved on. Such things happen once in a blue moon , look at the brighter side of life and put this behind.
deetee is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 08:46   #37889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - something seriously has to be done about the road (un)worthiness of some of the heavy vehicles plying our highways and expressways.
+1 to the statement.

But I don't know what happens to the car drivers when they enter the expressway, It seems the beast inside them wake up and they want to just conquer the world.

Even with so much surveillance and 80 speed limit, i don't see the white plate drivers cares. Most (if not all) cruise @100-120, flashing lights, cutting lanes, squeezing in toll plaza and what not, just to save few minutes.

Its always scary to drive on Mumbai-Pune expressway.
UD17 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 10:36   #37890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono213 View Post

Cheers!
That is scary, not just because the wind shield was damaged, but what if it hits a passerby or the passenger. I frequent that road and so does my close family almost every day.

This is absolutely horrifying and I reckon it should not go unpunished as this may lead to further incidents.

I believe there should be cameras overlooking that spot from where the stones were hurled as it is on Tankbund Road.

Was the incident reported to the Police?
poised2drive is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks